Check your account email address ×

Republicans Call for Retirement Age Hike in Clash With Biden

• Platinum Contributing Member

I will start grabbing mine in May. Never know what the future may hold as far as age requirements and the longevity of my own health.  Not going to wait and chance it for a little more coin.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Bad idea. Many will face medical issues sooner and go on disability earlier. That costs much more.

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I will start grabbing mine in May. Never know what the future may hold as far as age requirements and the longevity of my own health.  Not going to wait and chance it for a little more coin.

Im worried about your health if Biden wins!

:lol:

Remove income taxes on it and lower benefits to match.  Cut fed spending to offset lost tax revenue. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Remove income taxes on it and lower benefits to match.  Cut fed spending to offset lost tax revenue. 

Leave it to Regan to tax social security while slashing tax rates on the wealthy and corporate America. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Boomers think we should work longer than they did? Surprise!

Actually it’s not boomers that want to increase the age it’s you. 

Social Security payroll taxes are not collected on earnings over a set cap. In 2021, this cap was $142,800, so workers making more than this enjoyed the benefit of zero Social Security taxes on all earnings in excess of this cap.
ELIMINATE THE CAP.

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Actually it’s not boomers that want to increase the age it’s you. 

No it isnt. They have been working for this for decades now. Now they need the gen xers to run clean up for the mess youre leaving us. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s hard to believe life expectancy has gone up considering Obama’s death panels, vaccine aids, and killer illegals.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

No it isnt. They have been working for this for decades now. Now they need the gen xers to run clean up for the mess youre leaving us. 

GenX’ers brought Genz into the world. Nice work. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

GenX’ers brought Genz into the world. Nice work. :lol: 

Gen Z hasnt fucked anything up yet. thats all you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Gen Z hasnt fucked anything up yet. thats all you. 

Oh this is precious. Please explain to me how I’ve personally fucked things up. :lol: This should be good coming from the site victim. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Oh this is precious. Please explain to me how I’ve personally fucked things up. :lol: This should be good coming from the site victim. 

Well given that you are wrong about pretty much everything and then criticize people for the exact same shit you do daily tell us that you have zero self awareness(like most boomers).

Now you are all leaving Gen Z with $35 trillion in debt, hyper inflation and forever war while telling them they are lazy. You cant die soon enough. 

Just now, Anler said:

Well given that you are wrong about pretty much everything and then criticize people for the exact same shit you do daily tell us that you have zero self awareness(like most boomers).

Now you are all leaving Gen Z with $35 trillion in debt, hyper inflation and forever war while telling them they are lazy. You cant die soon enough. 

Basically a non-answer. You have amazing luxuries in your life. Well above the average income. Yet you complain almost nonstop about EVERYThING BOOMER. Talk about a lack of not only self awareness, but gratitude. But please…keep whining. 

49 minutes ago, Anler said:

The boomers are gone from the repub party……look again.

47 minutes ago, Plissken said:

It’s hard to believe life expectancy has gone up considering Obama’s death panels, vaccine aids, and killer illegals.

It’s actually gone down due to Covid and long term Covid…….but hey it never happened for many here…..just a hoax from Chiiiii Naaaah

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Boomers think we should work longer than they did? Surprise!

That does make one ponder.

I am fine with changes, as long as they are based on a starting point.

If you start paying in, when the rules say 70 years old, you know the game.

Same with inheritance taxes and what we call capital gains etc.

Government has a way of moving the finish line in their favour and calling it a win.

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The boomers are gone from the repub party……look again.

Damage is done. Thanks for your contribution, filthy boomer. 

19 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Basically a non-answer. You have amazing luxuries in your life. Well above the average income. Yet you complain almost nonstop about EVERYThING BOOMER. Talk about a lack of not only self awareness, but gratitude. But please…keep whining. 

Basically a complete answer you stupid cunt

• Haha 1