Check your account email address ×

Antidepressants linked to depression, suicide, violent outbursts

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

With the power of big pharma does it surprise anyone how medicated our population is?

That and the power of the food industry and its disastrous effect on agriculture and the processing of food. Many of the psychiatric conditions coincided with obesity rates. Are ssri’s and their anti inflammatory effects compensating for fucked up gut biome caused by the Frankenstein foods of today? I don’t believe any of the food industry driven experiments on GMO foods. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

That and the power of the food industry and its disastrous effect on agriculture and the processing of food. Many of the psychiatric conditions coincided with obesity rates. Are ssri’s and their anti inflammatory effects compensating for fucked up gut biome caused by the Frankenstein foods of today? I don’t believe any of the food industry driven experiments on GMO foods. 

I agree to that for the most part and wouldn't argue with more healthy regulation in the food industry however it still mostly falls on the individual.  You can eat like shit as long as its within moderation and you exercise daily.  Moderation isn't in most American's vocabulary.  

Just now, Highmark said:

I agree to that for the most part and wouldn't argue with more healthy regulation in the food industry however it still mostly falls on the individual.  You can eat like shit as long as its within moderation and you exercise daily.  Moderation isn't in most American's vocabulary.  

Nutrient density of fresh fruits and veggies has dropped up to 40% over the last 50 years. Now let’s add the “unknown” effects of altering a plant’s DNA and tons of pesticides poured on to foods. Inflammation of tissue is the main cause of disease. What we eat is the #1 contributor to inflammation. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My cousins daughter commited suicide while on anti depressants

Buddy’s cousin was given benzos for anxiety and jumped off a bridge a month later 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Cold War said:

Who are these people who risk cancer, sudden death, liver failure, over red patchy skin?  

I like the antidepressant they advertise where you take it on top of the one you are already taking???? How fucking depressed are you?  
Valium was the most popular drug ever, that people had no idea they needed. 

An antidepressant you can take on top of the one you're already on  :lol: 

Ridiculous like taking a med for social anxiety but it gives you uncontrolable flatulence, accidental urination and hives  SMH

• Like 1

Suicide is an interesting field of study. I’ve been part of over a 100 psychological autopsies with many different forms of suicide. I can’t say that anti depressants have been a major cause. Usually it’s a relationship issue/loss that triggers a chain of events. Most had more than one attempt before finally completing it. Men typically kill themselves at a rate 2 to 3 times more often than women. Overall the US has a medium rate of suicide among all countries. Russia is one of the highest. While antidepressant use has leveled off in the US at 10-13%, it’s increasing in Russia and Europe. 

3 hours ago, Plissken said:

Do people in the rurals use SSRI’s at higher rates than city folk?

IMG_4309.jpeg

Red state people feeling like the country is going to hell. All the fags, trans, homeless, abortionists, illegals, and devil worshippers. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

My cousins daughter commited suicide while on anti depressants

I know someone who committed suicide in the 1st 7 to 14 days of taking the "Meds" day 10 and another person who was on them for a year and a half, lost their job, health insurance and couldn't afford the meds anymore and stopped taking the "meds" cold turkey.

If Suicide Is The Answer -  What Was The Question?

^^^^^ Seen that painted on the side of a bridge many years ago ^^^^^

28 minutes ago, Cold War said:

B175AFB1-A74E-480E-92BF-CDF3514096EC.thumb.jpeg.ad7057b3de7363fa868aa33848c361c7.jpegYeah,  ok. :lol:

It’s probably follows that liberal women are the largest users of SSRI’s but also the least likely group to engage in violent outbursts, school shootings or suicide.  

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yet it’s the white, rural male who’s blowing their heads off. 

So what?  Probably worked like animals all their lives, bodies wore out, going out on their own terms.Guys kill themselves for all kinds of reasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It is what it is. 

Who are we to judge?  I believe everyone should be able to go out on their own terms.  Not teenagers or kids,  but if you have lived your life and you’re done.  Have at it. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Plissken said:

It’s probably follows that liberal women are the largest users of SSRI’s but also the least likely group to engage in violent outbursts, school shootings or suicide.  

Except when they are behind the wheel of a Minivan or Tahoe trying to run down a Motorcyclist . 

Those Cunts all drive violent and suicidal :news:

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Cold War said:

So what?  Probably worked like animals all their lives, bodies wore out, going out on their own terms.Guys kill themselves for all kinds of reasons. 

And usually their bitch Wives divorce em and take everything before hand

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Who are we to judge?  I believe everyone should be able to go out on their own terms.  Not teenagers or kids,  but if you have lived your life and you’re done.  Have at it. 

I judge everything. Because I can.