Check your account email address ×

Baby boomers are approaching 'peak burden' on the economy

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Does this mean baby boomers are gonna stop buying cars, trucks, yachts, boats, houses, and various other high dollar items that stimulate the economy?

No, but they will lock up a lot of capital that younger generations could use.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

watch the 'death tax' make a dramatic return... ;)

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

That’s capitalism. Of course when they die you’ll see the greatest transition of wealth that the world has ever seen. The question is…. will the wealth be invested or squandered? 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s capitalism. Of course when they die you’ll see the greatest transition of wealth that the world has ever seen. The question is…. will the wealth be invested or squandered? 

Gonna be far too late for many.  Hoarded is no better than squandered.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Gonna be far too late for many.  Hoarded is no better than squandered.

Neal

Yep. We know the value of investment and saving. Today’s brood has no clue about compounding interest. Sad, they spend every cent that they earn. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

it will be taxed heavily for 'the betterment of all'... mark my words 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yep. We know the value of investment and saving. Today’s brood has no clue about compounding interest. Sad, they spend every cent that they earn. 

debt slaves... we've bred multiple generations of them 

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it will be taxed heavily for 'the betterment of all'... mark my words 

debt slaves... we've bred multiple generations of them 

In my early 20’s I fell into the credit card debt trap. Many do. I think what’s more disastrous is young people today don’t understand money even into their 30’s. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

In my early 20’s I fell into the credit card debt trap. Many do. I think what’s more disastrous is young people today don’t understand money even into their 30’s. 

I see it daily...

'whUTz uh saYviNGs acc0unT?  

https://abcnews.go.com/US/credit-card-users-avoid-mounting-debt-bills-reach/story?id=106479070

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/08/11/us-car-loans-total-1point5-trillion-why-consumers-are-struggling.html

wants vs needs vs reality... can I afford the payments is no way to live 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Damn that is a lot of money. Hell it's 1/2 a trillion more then the gvmt has spent in the last 3 months.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Damn that is a lot of money. Hell it's 1/2 a trillion more then the gvmt has spent in the last 3 months.

I thought you were going to say last week... :lol:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

When I quit my job and liquidated everything to go back to school, I purchased a “78 Honda accord with 275,000 miles for $150. I rebuilt the motor in the front yard, no garage, for another $110 plus supplies. Basically ran a ball home down the cylinders for new piston and rings. Drove it back and forth from menomonie to Ashland for 2 years for my internship. I don’t know many kids today with that capability. I really feel sorry for the imbeciles. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

today's brood can't decide what sex they are:guzzle:

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the greatest generation... rubbers work 

Its natural in any form of democracy to have every next generation be the biggest sponges on society.   They have it better than the previous generation so they simply expect even demand more.   Add it the cost of medical technology and it only increases the burden.

Its no question with each new generation they become more selfish...just look at the number of children being born.   Today's generations are the me generations.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its natural in any form of democracy to have every next generation be the biggest sponges on society.   They have it better than the previous generation so they simply expect even demand more.   Add it the cost of medical technology and it only increases the burden.

Its no question with each new generation they become more selfish...just look at the number of children being born.   Today's generations are the me generations.  

the age group is applicable to me... and that's about it.

https://fortune.com/2023/12/15/gen-x-largest-wealth-gap-unprepared-for-retirement/

this is also the age group looking at getting the middle finger from social security in a decade.  

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Most of the younger generation live on credit and minimum monthly payments.  Bad way to start.