Check your account email address ×

racing with greasy triples?

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Kind of curious, what did it cost to enter the Ditch Banger goat rodeo?

I am not sure. It’s not a lot I know that. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

I am not sure. It’s not a lot I know that. 

So as near as I can find, it may have been $110 + transponder rental ($50?) + $20 entry fee (maybe?).  Maybe a $50 day membership to ERX. 

Possibly as cheap as around $150 or up to $225 range to race Ditchbanger.

Pretty lax rider safety rules.

So Chad is charging $150 entry + $10/day for lake entry ($20) + transponder ($25?) + ISR weekend membership ($50?) and is thinking a $3k payback.

Pine Lake could be as cheap as around $250 for the weekend and you get to race 2 days.

But, you actually need to have the real deal safety gear, not $45 worth of stuff you scored up off Marketplace the night before the race.

Wonder how many people will complain about the $250ish entry fee range for 2 days of racing and will be quick to point out that Ditchbanger is "only" $150ish for 1 day.

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

A select few that actually raced them back in the day and they will have a sled that rips and there old race gear. The rest are Craig’s list specials 

they better hope the Mira boys don't show up with their greasy triples. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Passing a lot of new sleds with a 25 year old sled.  

Just like on the trails, the ass draggers are far superior.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

from Gunner's podcast yesterday... apparently 2001/2002 ZRT6 pistons are near impossible to find? 

:dunno:

have Joe make you set. I think he has to order 20 at time. Stock thunder cat pistons are tough to find too. Dimmerman said the closest thing to stock are the wisecos 

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

have Joe make you set. I think he has to order 20 at time. Stock thunder cat pistons are tough to find too. Dimmerman said the closest thing to stock are the wisecos 

FYI Textron killed the parts deal with Suzuki, and won't be ordering, or receiving parts from them. 

If you have an old girl you want to keep going, stock up on parts, while you can

8 minutes ago, krom said:

FYI Textron killed the parts deal with Suzuki, and won't be ordering, or receiving parts from them. 

If you have an old girl you want to keep going, stock up on parts, while you can

Wow. But that doesn’t surprise me. I think it is 7 years they have to provide service parts. 2025 would be year 8 on the last Suzuki I think. 

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Wow. But that doesn’t surprise me. I think it is 7 years they have to provide service parts. 2025 would be year 8 on the last Suzuki I think. 

AFTER MARKET! kROM should know the timeline. He just uses blame game. Plenty of after market pistons out there.  Just bought piston and rings for my 1969 Panther, 317 Hirth. Took about 5 minutes to find. Faster than kROM can look up a part on his work puter.

13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

AFTER MARKET! kROM should know the timeline. He just uses blame game. Plenty of after market pistons out there.  Just bought piston and rings for my 1969 Panther, 317 Hirth. Took about 5 minutes to find. Faster than kROM can look up a part on his work puter.

Hope for your sake it's not the parts unlimited piston.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I like dropping skirts, what is wrong with that?

Not just the skirts on those pistons. The rings don't get along with hirth chrome bore, don't ask me how I know.

48 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Not just the skirts on those pistons. The rings don't get along with hirth chrome bore, don't ask me how I know.

I think my friend lunched a few cylinders due to that issue.  I think he had to buy a different ring or rings to make it work.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I tend to buy all cat parts and deal with the aftermarket. Stators and other parts like will be hard to get and the aftermarket stuff pretty shitty. Bolt on performance stuff I do aftermarket 

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think my friend lunched a few cylinders due to that issue.  I think he had to buy a different ring or rings to make it work.

I think it's multiple issues with them actually. The rings are way too big as I had to file the shit out of them to get the ring gap acceptable and I think the pistons swell way up when they get hot. Spent the money on an original piston and no more issues.

9 hours ago, krom said:

@Crnr2Crnr quickly orders extra top end gaskets and bearings for SP500's... :roflcrying:

wonder if this will finally allow Suzuki to sell direct now if they aren't bound by contract?   Always LOL seeing the Zuke P/N covered by a Cat decal.

20 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I was always told 10 years, but haven't seen that ever enforced, I know that is how long BRP has to support Evinrude.
Textron made ccu's nla only a few years after they were used in the 4000 procross sleds.  Had customers still making payments on a sled that a critical part was NLA.
Team primary clutches for the the wildcat x, trail, and sport are, or will be NLA without a replacement as well (trail and sport are, x I haven't bothered to check on, as we tried not to sell any of those)

20 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

We all know you're too stupid to understand this, but its far more than pistons that are discontinued, and a vast majority of the parts don't have any aftermarket replacement.  Its just another issue with being the smallest manufacture.  With so few units built there isn't enough volume for the aftermarket to risk investing in making anything.
Just look for aftermarket support for your 600 ATV, there really isn't any.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, krom said:

I was always told 10 years, but haven't seen that ever enforced, I know that is how long BRP has to support Evinrude.
Textron made ccu's nla only a few years after they were used in the 4000 procross sleds.  Had customers still making payments on a sled that a critical part was NLA.
Team primary clutches for the the wildcat x, trail, and sport are, or will be NLA without a replacement as well (trail and sport are, x I haven't bothered to check on, as we tried not to sell any of those)

We all know you're too stupid to understand this, but its far more than pistons that are discontinued, and a vast majority of the parts don't have any aftermarket replacement.  Its just another issue with being the smallest manufacture.  With so few units built there isn't enough volume for the aftermarket to risk investing in making anything.
Just look for aftermarket support for your 600 ATV, there really isn't any.

yugocheese_h.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yugocheese_h.jpg

I was told after one of those flew off the mighty mac, the coast guard dive team had shirts made yugo over, wego under 

• Haha 2