Check your account email address ×

****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Cool. I'm only about 12 miles from the parking lot in North Stratford. I've thought about giving up the sleds and getting a SxS instead. Even up here the past few winters haven't been overly kind to snowmobiling :(

Our winters have sucked here for a while. I figure theres always a craigslist special if it does accidentally snow a bunch.   :lol: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ckf said:

Cool. I'm only about 12 miles from the parking lot in North Stratford. I've thought about giving up the sleds and getting a SxS instead. Even up here the past few winters haven't been overly kind to snowmobiling :(

Would your wife go riding with you in a sxs?

15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Would your wife go riding with you in a sxs?

I think see would be more interested in going in a SxS than  she would on a sled when it's cold out. The only times she likes to ride is during the spring when we have warm days. Plus I could take Izzy with me in a SxS :thumb:  The dog is the most important thing here :lol:

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think see would be more interested in going in a SxS than  she would on a sled when it's cold out. The only times she likes to ride is during the spring when we have warm days. Plus I could take Izzy with me in a SxS :thumb:  The dog is the most important thing here :lol:

:lol:

My wife wanted a sxs.  I think weve gone riding 4 times together in it...i dont use it.

On 12/5/2017 at 6:16 PM, ckf said:

The warmth is the big plus of a side by side. The women prefer it. But the big down side is the warmth. And the god damn dust.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Still can have studs. People just add the screw type. They work great too.

Ya...but they wouldnt be stock then...like i said...they would be stock with studs.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:26 PM, Frostynuts said:

Brrrr. That sure looks cold. How thick is the ice ?

12-13 inchs where we went.  Def different then back home.  We are using sleds for fishing and getting another whack of snow tomorrow.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:53 PM, bussman said:

I can’t tell, do you have tire studs? 

Nah just stock tires.  They do alright.  They grip decent on the bare ice.  Was surprised.

Just now, snopro31 said:

12-13 inchs where we went.  Def different then back home.  We are using sleds for fishing and getting another whack of snow tomorrow.

Nah just stock tires.  They do alright.  They grip decent on the bare ice.  Was surprised.

4x4 helps...no matter the tire

Where are you that you are getting snow?

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, DAVE said:

:lol:

My wife wanted a sxs.  I think weve gone riding 4 times together in it...i dont use it.

my wife wants another one . I had one for less than a year before when doo came out with that commander . I thought it was lame so I sold it .

she said she only was in it 1 time I honestly don't remember when I sold it it has less than 250mi on it .

she wants one to keep at the cabin .so she can take it out in the woods and have something to take out when her friends come up so they don't have to ride on the back of the atv.

we went out today to look at a few hold over wild cat trail 700s .there were a bunch of cheep kymco 700s also . I know the resale on those would be just awfull but they are loaded and real cheep .

we also looked at the small Honda pioneer pretty sure it is only a 500 though . if I have to have one it has to at least be a bit exciting to lumber around it .I will prob sell the atv if she gets the sxs

guess I really don't give a shit she is buying it she says for a family xmass present . 

think the only other trail legal all over MN is the poo 800

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, awful knawful said:

Still can have studs. People just add the screw type. They work great too.

I still have a bunch from when we would use them in our dirt bikes . it is amazing how well the screw studs stick .

I have a few in my ice fishing boots

18 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

my wife wants another one . I had one for less than a year before when doo came out with that commander . I thought it was lame so I sold it .

she said she only was in it 1 time I honestly don't remember when I sold it it has less than 250mi on it .

she wants one to keep at the cabin .so she can take it out in the woods and have something to take out when her friends come up so they don't have to ride on the back of the atv.

we went out today to look at a few hold over wild cat trail 700s .there were a bunch of cheep kymco 700s also . I know the resale on those would be just awfull but they are loaded and real cheep .

we also looked at the small Honda pioneer pretty sure it is only a 500 though . if I have to have one it has to at least be a bit exciting to lumber around it .I will prob sell the atv if she gets the sxs

guess I really don't give a shit she is buying it she says for a family xmass present . 

This is a nice set up. My neighbor can use it year round, he also has a track kit for it. 

IMG_3594.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

This is going to be going up for sale near you, Ham Lake Mn.  It's only money EZ. He was using to get to his cabin that is off the grid 5 miles from mine. 

IMG_2221.JPG

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

This is going to be going up for sale near you, Ham Lake Mn.  It's only money EZ. He was using to get to his cabin that is off the grid 5 miles from mine. 

IMG_2221.JPG

I had a zuk for a summer after high school 

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

This is a nice set up. My neighbor can use it year round, he also has a track kit for it. 

IMG_3594.JPG

if she buys one it has to be MN trail legal . that was 1 of the issues I cad with my old commander

and with the hold overs no reason to buy used 

15 700 wild cat trails can be had just over 8g and some yamaha they said was legal wolverine or some shit was only 8g for a 16 . like I said I could give 2 shits I did not like the commander I had and only use the atv a hand full of times a yr at best    

22 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

My brother has a wildcat trail 700. Engine has decent power, but I don't care for the interior, and it needs more ground clearance. We were going to put a lift and tires on it, but I think he's just gonna sell it and get a full size machine now.