Check your account email address ×

Looking at new trucks.

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

The headlights make me ill. Can’t get passed them 

Yeah the Chevy's are pretty hideous. GMC's not so much.

Edited by J. Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member

The ram dealer is here in town also. My ford dealer is 1/2hr away. I’ve had 3 fords in a row that have been flawless.but also traded at 4 yrs old. 

3 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Smart man not looking at any of the diesels. So many "have to have" one but unless you can heat them up and keep the def flowing they're way mora e than the average guy needs.  

I've been dealing with this for a year.  Coming to terms with the fact I have to delete it

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

The ram dealer is here in town also. My ford dealer is 1/2hr away. I’ve had 3 fords in a row that have been flawless.but also traded at 4 yrs old. 

If all you need is a 1/2 ton f 150 rides like a car 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

If all you need is a 1/2 ton f 150 rides like a car 

Todays 1/2 tons suck for plowing snow

5 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Todays 1/2 tons suck for plowing snow

If you are down to just your driveway would it be cheaper in the long run to have someone plow it and get a half ton?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

If you are down to just your driveway would it be cheaper in the long run to have someone plow it and get a half ton?

1/2 ton crew cabs are the new popular family vehicle and the price reflects that for sure. 3/4 t are even cheaper sometimes. I like doing it on my schedule, being able to clean it whenever I feel 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Shifty said:

1/2 ton crew cabs are the new popular family vehicle and the price reflects that for sure. 3/4 t are even cheaper sometimes. I like doing it on my schedule, being able to clean it whenever I feel 

I get it , for just a little bit more you are getting much more truck.

Ive been in a f-250 4x4 since I was 17

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

51 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I get it , for just a little bit more you are getting much more truck.

Ive been in a f-250 4x4 since I was 17

I've been considering a 3/4 ton for that exact reason.

I'm on my last diesel.   With all the emission controls there isn't the massive mileage difference to justify the increased cost of fuel.   The extra cost of the truck somewhat comes back to you on resale.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shifty said:

crew typically have the 5.5 bed. useless for me. my next truck will be a used 20ish tundra 5.7 to replace my 11 tundra with 200k on it. one thing is the stock has been replenished. lots of trucks

13 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

crew typically have the 5.5 bed. useless for me. my next truck will be a used 20ish tundra 5.7 to replace my 11 tundra with 200k on it. one thing is the stock has been replenished. lots of trucks

My superduty has the 6’6” bed. That’s big enough for me. 
One of the reasons I looked at rams is that I’ve read they have over a years worth built right now. Way too many. Hence the big rebates. 6-7 g less than sticker. 

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm on my last diesel.   With all the emission controls there isn't the massive mileage difference to justify the increased cost of fuel.   The extra cost of the truck somewhat comes back to you on resale.  

x2

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

My superduty has the 6’6” bed. That’s big enough for me. 
One of the reasons I looked at rams is that I’ve read they have over a years worth built right now. Way too many. Hence the big rebates. 6-7 g less than sticker. 

6.6 is fine , 5.6 is too short. 

• Like 2

I have a 2024 Silverado HD LTZ gasser.  The new Chevy front ends look way better than that abortion they had in the previous years.  I like the looks much better than the new SuperDuty.  Feels like Ford took a step backwards in the looks department on the new trucks.

Allison branded tranny is a brick shithouse too.  Would work well for plowing.

New GM interiors jumped Ram IMO.  RAM might look slightly nicer but they took away too many of the important buttons on the RAM and put them on the screen.  GM still has a button for everything.

Ride quality is surprisingly good, as is the gas mileage with the 6.6L.  I've seen 18.5 hand-calculated on interstate runs if I can keep it under 80.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

If you're considering a 3/4 ton, what do you have for license fees & renewals?  Because going to a full ton makes a huge difference (at least in this shit hole state of MN).  My buddy went through this a year ago and went into the dealership thinking he wanted a 3/4 ton.  Ended up driving away with a 1-ton Ford and has had zero regrets.

36 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Yep, I looked for awhile to find my F150 with the 6'6".

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If you're considering a 3/4 ton, what do you have for license fees & renewals?  Because going to a full ton makes a huge difference (at least in this shit hole state of MN).  My buddy went through this a year ago and went into the dealership thinking he wanted a 3/4 ton.  Ended up driving away with a 1-ton Ford and has had zero regrets.

Yep, buddies dad replaced a 2500 with a 3500 Denali for that exact reason.

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

They completely bend you over at registration time for new trucks here in the state of New Hampshire. It’s usually around seven 800 bucks for a brand new truck

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have a 2024 Silverado HD LTZ gasser.  The new Chevy front ends look way better than that abortion they had in the previous years.  I like the looks much better than the new SuperDuty.  Feels like Ford took a step backwards in the looks department on the new trucks.

New GM interiors jumped Ram IMO.  RAM might look slightly nicer but they took away too many of the important buttons on the RAM and put them on the screen.  GM still has a button for everything.

Ride quality is surprisingly good, as is the gas mileage with the 6.6L.  I've seen 18.5 hand-calculated on interstate runs if I can keep it under 80.

that allison is branded allison but is in no way the allison of the past. the way gm put it to me allison looked over their shoulder when they built it

3 minutes ago, Shifty said:

They completely bend you over at registration time for new trucks here in the state of New Hampshire. It’s usually around seven 800 bucks for a brand new truck

wow that's high . 

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

In the latest transmission development, the Allison ten-speed automatic now offered by General Motors is actually manufactured by GM. Allison is only a design and development partner for the projec

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

wow that's high . 

Goes down every year. My wife’s new expedition was almost 1g