Check your account email address ×

'Betrayed is an understatement': Michigan fake elector says he was duped by GOP officials

SSFB

Here we see another example of thinking for yourself and not being a sheep. :lol:

Republican fake elector in Michigan told investigators of his regret for trying to swing the 2020 vote for Donald Trump — and said officials “betrayed” him by exploiting his ignorance.

In a recording of an interview obtained by the New York Times, James Renner said it was only after he heard testimony from the House’s Janunary 6 investigation that he realized he’d acted illegally.

“I was accepting the individuals that were in authority” knew “what they were talking about,” Renner said in the interview.

But, after he and another 15 fake electors were sued in civil court in January this year, he started reading House transcripts involving the scheme he was accused of being a part of.

“It was only then that I realized that, hold it, there is an official state-authorized process for this,” he said. “I had never been an elector, I had never discussed it with anybody. I was used to a much more informal process at the county level. And so that’s when I became suspicious of what had gone on... what happened was not legitimate.”

“I am very upset,” he went on. “I don’t show it, but I am. … Betrayed is an understatement. That’s all I can say.”

Criminal charges against Renner, including forgery and conspiracy, were dropped after he agreed to cooperate with Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel. He is the only one of 16 people hit with the charges in July to have them dropped.

Renner, 77, was added to the roster of electors in December 2020 after two others dropped out. He said he had never been an elector before, but was asked to do so by the head of the county Republican Party after somebody else dropped out.

“I felt that I had been walked into a situation that I shouldn’t have ever been involved in,” he said in the interview.

Charges have now been brought against fake electors in Georgia, Michigan and Nevada, with investigations ongoing in Arizona and New Mexico.

In the interview, Renner was asked about several people involved in the scheme including Trump lawyer Shawn Flynn, who worked on Trump’s campaign in the state, and the then-president’s former personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

Trump has not been charged with any crime in the state, though The Detroit News last week released a recording that showed him pressuring two canvassers not to certify the result, which could be evidence of his role in trying to overturn it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/betrayed-is-an-understatement-michigan-fake-elector-says-he-was-duped-by-gop-officials/ar-AA1m5VIh

D-pXrsrVUAAcWIL[1].jpg

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Cold War said:

Bringing down the big fish.   What we got here is an insurrectionist!!!!  77???!!! :lol: I feel safer already. 

Excuses from a moron. 

54 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

@racer254 who’s making up ‘fake electors’? 

:lol: 

48 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Can someone explain what a real vs fake elector is?

poor sr, he already understands it is a made up term for liberals.  Just like "christian nationalists".  Terms made up to scare the masses.  It's exactly the same tactics the nazi's used in their propaganda.

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

When was the first time you heard the term?  It was made up as another "boogeyman" for liberals to latch on to.

There were faithless electors long before this for a reason. What would you like to call this new version that’s not boogeymanish for you?

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

What would you like to call them? Does illegal electors have a better ring to it?

Think you’ll be able to answer without deflecting? 

They are called "ELECTORS"  That's it.  "Faithless electors" are the party selected electors that actually vote for someone different then what the popular vote was for.  fake electors was a made up term for 2020.  It's that simple. 

Hawaii elector David Mulinix cast a vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Electoral College. He was required by law to vote for Hillary Clinton.

The state Elections Office said Mulinix's vote will still count, and he won't face any punishment for his vote. That's because while Hawaii law dictates how electors should cast their votes, it doesn't say what will happen to them if they don't.

Was he charged with anything?  Nope, but somehow in 2020 trump electors (who have now been called fake electors by the left)  are a threat and need to be charged.  What a bunch of brainless dipshits who think this is anything more than democrat bullshit. 

Edited by racer254
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Hawaii elector David Mulinix cast a vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Electoral College. He was required by law to vote for Hillary Clinton.

The state Elections Office said Mulinix's vote will still count, and he won't face any punishment for his vote. That's because while Hawaii law dictates how electors should cast their votes, it doesn't say what will happen to them if they don't.

Was he charged with anything?  Nope, but somehow in 2020 trump electors (who have now been called fake electors by the left)  are a threat and need to be charged.  What a bunch of brainless dipshits who think this is anything more than democrat bullshit. 

He’s a faithless elector and each state has their own binding set of rules.  Entire states were trying to substitute legitimate electors for fake electors in 2020 to switch the vote of the entire delegation.  You’re so wrapped up in the cult you refuse to see or are too dumb to see the reality of what your cult leader attempted to orchestrate in 2020.  

16 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

cult dumb cult dumb 

derp derp derp derp 

He’s dangerous!!!!! :lol:  Just before that he was duped into a car warranty and sent his imprisoned great grandson $10,000 for bail. 

White peoples will admit to anything when threatened with jail time.  Assholes, wasting resources leaning on the elderly.  

These your children, grandkids, great grandkids????  Better fess up or next time you see them it will be through a inch of glass!!!!!! You filthy piece of shit!!!!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They are called "ELECTORS"  That's it.  "Faithless electors" are the party selected electors that actually vote for someone different then what the popular vote was for.  fake electors was a made up term for 2020.  It's that simple. 

Who’s sole purpose was to falsely certify the electoral college vote in trumps favor even if he lost the vote, aka FAKE electors.

But in your mind there’s no such thing as faithless electors either, just “electors.” 

And if the democrats try that in 2024, you’d be good with it? Trump wins a state, but the electors vote in favor of Biden. I guess you’d have to be ok with it, otherwise you’d be a brainless dipshit. Right?

:pc:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Who’s sole purpose was to falsely certify the electoral college vote in trumps favor even if he lost the vote, aka FAKE electors.

But in your mind there’s no such thing as faithless electors either, just “electors.” 

And if the democrats try that in 2024, you’d be good with it? Trump wins a state, but the electors vote in favor of Biden. I guess you’d have to be ok with it, otherwise you’d be a brainless dipshit. Right?

:pc:

I explained what faithless electors are.  You tried to make the term equivalent with fake electors, that is not true as there is such a thing as faithless electors.    Fake electors is a made up term to try and get people into thinking about an "insurrection".  The problem is liberal propaganda...just look at all the terms that have come about since trump was elected.  And the left just lap it up like good little minions.

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I explained what faithless electors are.  You tried to make the term equivalent with fake electors, that is not true as there is such a thing as faithless electors.    Fake electors is a made up term to try and get people into thinking about an "insurrection".  The problem is liberal propaganda...just look at all the terms that have come about since trump was elected.  And the left just lap it up like good little minions.

No, they’re two separate things hence called two different names.

And yes, it’s never been tried before hence the new name.

You’d be OK with democrats trying to pull the Fillintheblank elector scheme in 2024? Yes or no.

Edited by akvanden

13 minutes ago, akvanden said:

No, they’re two separate things hence called two different names.

And yes, it’s never been tried before hence the new name.

You’d be OK with democrats trying to pull the Fillintheblank elector scheme in 2024? Yes or no.

There was no fucking scheme, or anything else you want to call it.  The GOP electors were doing their assigned jobs.  If the dem electors did the same, there would be nothing said, but now the liberals have made it an issue. 

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There was no fucking scheme, or anything else you want to call it.  The GOP electors were doing their assigned jobs.  If the dem electors did the same, there would be nothing said, but now the liberals have made it an issue. 

:lol: You’re either clueless or willfully ignorant.  Fake electors admitting to the scheme yet you deny there was a scheme.  Another example of typical racer stupidity :lmao: