Check your account email address ×

America should follow other countries on trans treatments for children

24 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The OP is misleading and pure politicization of a personal and complex issue.  Read the following clarifying directly clarifying the OP:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/06/us-europe-transgender-care-00119106

I'm sure the donkey who called you out in here will be along shortly to discuss the topic with you:thumbsup: Unless he's just another drama queen blowing hot air. Time will tell.

I'm betting my post gets more of a response :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Rod said:

Imagine being so sick and morally decayed that you think sterilizing and mutilating children is a good idea 

What would you do if you had a child that wanted to be opposite sex?

43 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The OP is misleading and pure politicization of a personal and complex issue.  Read the following clarifying directly clarifying the OP:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/06/us-europe-transgender-care-00119106

Did you even read the OP?  Where in there did you see ANY mention of Republican vs. Democrat or any sort of politicization?  It was from a member of the very group who was originally in favor of this crap & has since found there's need for more science.  Yet your link is exactly that - wastes zero time in turning the topic into some sort of political debate.  Dude - can you not think for yourself, at all?  No need to answer that - we already know :news:

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'm sure the donkey who called you out in here will be along shortly to discuss the topic with you:thumbsup: Unless he's just another drama queen blowing hot air. Time will tell.

Stirring up more drama is what you're best at.  Oh - and what's with the childish name calling?  I thought you were better than that - or is that just another one of your double standards?  Maybe instead of trying to white knight for people you could take a break and do a favor for a lot of folks here, and learn to STFU once in a while :thumbsup:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, HSR said:

He has rocks for brains. 

18 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Did you even read the OP?  Where in there did you see ANY mention of Republican vs. Democrat or any sort of politicization?  It was from a member of the very group who was originally in favor of this crap & has since found there's need for more science.  Yet your link is exactly that - wastes zero time in turning the topic into some sort of political debate.  Dude - can you not think for yourself, at all?  No need to answer that - we already know :news:

Stirring up more drama is what you're best at.  Oh - and what's with the childish name calling?  I thought you were better than that - or is that just another one of your double standards?  Maybe instead of trying to white knight for people you could take a break and do a favor for a lot of folks here, and learn to STFU once in a while :thumbsup:

Hey stupid fuck - I read the OP and my link is in direct response to the misleading and politicized info in the OP.  You obviously didn’t read it….but maybe you did and are too stupid to comprehend it.  Get back with me when you’re not so fucking ignorant. 

Edited by SnowRider

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Hey stupid fuck - I read the OP and my link is in direct response to the misleading and politicized info in the OP.  You obviously did read it….but maybe you did and are too stupid to comprehend it.  Get back with me when you’re not so fucking ignorant. 

And I'm the stupid fuck? :lol:

The article that the OP made talks about SCIENCE, and the need for more research before blindly going into hormone blockers, etc.  It's not politicizing like your article does from the get-go.  I thought you were all about trusting the science and the medical professionals?  The author clearly has more knowledge on this topic as a PROFESSIONAL,  than your emotional attachment to it and your non-professional OPINION.

You must really enjoy being the site punching bag with your ignorance and stupidity.  Even better, the site drama queen agrees with the OP but feels the need to white knight for you - that's just the icing on the cake as far as stupidity goes around here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

And I'm the stupid fuck? :lol:

The article that the OP made talks about SCIENCE, and the need for more research before blindly going into hormone blockers, etc.  It's not politicizing like your article does from the get-go.  I thought you were all about trusting the science and the medical professionals?  The author clearly has more knowledge on this topic as a PROFESSIONAL,  than your emotional attachment to it and your non-professional OPINION.

You must really enjoy being the site punching bag with your ignorance and stupidity.  Even better, the site drama queen agrees with the OP but feels the need to white knight for you - that's just the icing on the cake as far as stupidity goes around here.

Your level of stupidity and ignorance is mind-numbing.  The link I posted clearly puts the OP in context.   

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

This question needs to be asked - and answered - in Chicago this week, specifically in regards to transgender treatments for children and adolescents.

One of the first medical organizations to encourage gender transitions for young people is holding its annual meeting here through Sunday. It's called the Endocrine Society, and while few people have ever heard of it, it has shaped the highest levels of policy since 2017. While European countries are rapidly pulling back from these treatments, based on growing evidence that children are suffering, America continues to promote them based on the society's endorsement.

I say this as a 30-year member of the Endocrine Society, which does vital work in many areas of public health. I have no doubt my fellow medical professionals are doing what they think is best. But the mental and physical health of American children is now at risk. Thousands of teens and preteens are transitioning genders every year, a number that's rising fast. Yet to date, no professional medical association in the U.S. has fully reviewed the evidence to determine whether children are being helped or hurt.

I and my fellow members are endocrinologists, which means we specialize in treating hormonal issues. They affect people of all ages and require careful medical care.

Hormones are also at the center of child gender transitions. The first major step in a gender transition is providing hormone blockers that stop a child's body from fully developing. This is usually followed by cross-sex hormones, which cause a child to develop characteristics that differ from their biological gender. When my fellow endocrinologists prescribe these treatments, they genuinely believe they are providing the best care.

The challenge is the lack of evidence. When the Endocrine Society endorsed transgender care for children in 2017, there were only a handful of studies on the effects of these treatments. The group frankly admitted that the quality of evidence was "low" or "very low." Yet the Society still recommended that children get medications and procedures for gender transitions.

This gave policymakers and the public confidence that such treatments are harmless and even necessary, hence the explosion in child transitions. The more prudent course of action would have been to wait for better science.

That science is now rolling in. Hormone blockers, it turns out, can decrease bone density and contribute to infertility. They may also inhibit cognitive development. Ditto cross-sex hormones, which can irreversibly change the body, cause infertility, and even lead to strokes, heart attacks, and diabetes. Then there's mental health, which appears to deteriorate in many children who get transgender treatments. More study is needed before anyone can unequivocally recommend these treatments to teens and preteens.

Other countries are waking up to this reality. Last month, Norway became the latest country in Europe to ban adolescent medical transition outside of research settings. It joins Finland, Sweden and the United Kingdom in enacting strong guardrails to protect vulnerable children and rigorously evaluate experimental medical treatments.

Other countries, from Italy to Ireland to Australia, are also urging greater caution. They're going where the science points. It increasingly points to the likelihood that giving children these treatments carries far more risks than benefits.

Why hasn't America caught up with the science? Why is it standing still, or perhaps going backward, while other countries are moving forward? The answer is that groups like the Endocrine Society haven't updated their guidelines to keep up with the times. Maybe it's waiting for even more research. Maybe it's worried about the blowback from the very vocal activist community. I've talked with many of my fellow endocrinologists who are afraid of speaking up. Yet inaction potentially endangers more children with every passing day.

@SnowRider - you care more about the red italicized stuff when you should be more concerned on the bold.  Don't pick and choose what you want to comprehend from the article - read the entire thing, and really try to think for yourself what the MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL is saying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@SnowRider - you care more about the red italicized stuff when you should be more concerned on the bold.  Don't pick and choose what you want to comprehend from the article - read the entire thing, and really try to think for yourself what the MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL is saying.

Context…..that’s what you’re missing.  Your replies are exactly why the link I posted was necessary.  You fall for headlines that support your opinion without necessary context.  If you can’t understand the relationship between the OP and the link I provided then you’re either dumb as fuck or putting your own personal agenda above facts. 

OP author = an Endocrinologist -or for people like you who don't know what that is - a trained expert in hormone treatments
POLITICO author =  can't write a sentence without referencing "Republican" or "GOP" and turning the topic into a political debate

Go to bed dude.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day (I doubt it, but there's always a chance)

• Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Context…..that’s what you’re missing.  Your replies are exactly why the link I posted was necessary.  You fall for headlines that support your opinion without necessary context.  If you can’t understand the relationship between the OP and the link I provided then you’re either dumb as fuck or putting your own personal agenda above facts. 

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

OP author = an Endocrinologist -or for people like you who don't know what that is - a trained expert in hormone treatments
POLITICO author =  can't write a sentence without referencing "Republican" or "GOP" and turning the topic into a political debate

Go to bed dude.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day (I doubt it, but there's always a chance)

Quit while you’re behind :lol: 

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Quit while you’re behind :lol: 

That's a position you're more accustomed to ... kind of a life story for you.

Thanks for proving, yet again, you are completely incapable of thinking for yourself.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bontz said:

That's a position you're more accustomed to ... kind of a life story for you.

Thanks for proving, yet again, you are completely incapable of thinking for yourself.  

I quoted my post followed by your post to prove your stupidity.  If you were capable of thinking instead of being a forum blowhard you’d comprehend the correlation between the OP and my link.  

24 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I quoted my post followed by your post to prove your stupidity.  If you were capable of thinking instead of being a forum blowhard you’d comprehend the correlation between the OP and my link.  

You’re a broken record and a skeevy troll…fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Yet you're the one who's been banned twice for saying inappropriate things. Funny how that works.

:bc:

5 hours ago, Steve753 said:

You mean like you being the only one banned twice for being a douchebag?  That kind of calling out?

Speaking of broken records….FFS you’re a real dickbag.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Follow along Jimmy Tourette’s.  Everyone knew you’d be along to do your usual ball washing :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Speaking of broken records….FFS you’re a real dickbag.

:lol:

Someone's angry!

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Someone called in the special forces for back up here :lol:

Screenshot_20231218_203617_Gallery.jpg

Jimmy has had a big fall, thing is I don't think he's hit bottom yet!

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Someone called in the special forces for back up here :lol:

Screenshot_20231218_203617_Gallery.jpg

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Yeah but you gotta think for yourself…. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Jimmy has had a big fall, thing is I don't think he's hit bottom yet!

😂😂😂