Check your account email address ×

Joe’s Economy…

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah I cant do it. Ill keep saving. I got some buddies who constantly get brand new $60-80k pickups always making payments. These Guys use em like Minivans to cart kids around.    No reason they need a truck like that other than "look at me". 

Then they bitch about gas prices and taxes :lol:

Its funny that you think a pick up truck qualifies as a look at me vehicle. Are they leaving them stock?

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Its funny that you think a pick up truck qualifies as a look at me vehicle. Are they leaving them stock?

Yes pickups nowadays can be look at me 100% . Like I said these guys dont tow, dont haul anything other than mulch occasionally or their kids strollers. These are not base model trucks man. If its a Lariat or a LTZ etc they come blinged out as you know. 

If its what they want go for it but $80k mall crawler pickups for desk jockeys I just find funny.  :dunno:

Just now, EvilBird said:

Yes pickups nowadays can be look at me 100% . Like I said these guys dont tow, dont haul anything other than mulch occasionally or their kids strollers. These are not base model trucks man. If its a Lariat or a LTZ etc they come blinged out as you know. 

If its what they want go for it but $80k mall crawler pickups for desk jockeys I just find funny.  :dunno:

Lariat and an LTZ are no where near top of the line anymore. They're mid level.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Lariat and an LTZ are no where near top of the line anymore. They're mid level.

Lol ok . I didnt say top of the line. 

Platinum or King Ranch . How many people have em? 

High Country same thing. 

Buddys F350 Lariat $80k heated seats huge sunroof  , power steps , power pedals, tailgate step etc...

mid level my ass. 

Edited by EvilBird

Just now, EvilBird said:

Lol ok . 

Platinum or King Ranch . How many people have em? 

High Country same thing. 

Buddys F350 Lariat $80k heated seats huge sunroof  , power steps , power pedals, tailgate step etc...

mid level my ass. 

Thats a Lariat Ultimate. An XLT actually has heated seats and power pedals and tailgate step.

You gotta get out more. I see more Platinums than anything. Limited is the top dog, but alot of people dont like the white interiors. King ranch has gone down a step. Its on the same level as the Lariat Ultimate. Its crazy the options these trucks have now. You can actually have a payload scale and it also controls your headlight aim. Cameras on the top of the tailgate for when its down. :lol:

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

Thats a Lariat Ultimate. An XLT actually has heated seats and power pedals and tailgate step.

You gotta get out more. I see more Platinums than anything. Limited is the top dog, but alot of people dont like the white interiors. King ranch has gone down a step. Its on the same level as the Lariat Ultimate. Its crazy the options these trucks have now. You can actually have a payload scale and it also controls your headlight aim. Cameras on the top of the tailgate for when its down. :lol:

Yeah My buddy just got a XLT F150 and its got heated seats also . Tons of options nice atereo etcZ 

That was my point  I feel like XLT is mid level . A Lariat Ultimate then is pretty fucking blinged out is what I was referring too. 

At least you tow with yours. Can you imagine owning that truck and not towing like the Guy I know? 

Yeah "look at me" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah My buddy just got a XLT F150 and its got heated seats also . Tons of options nice atereo etcZ 

That was my point  I feel like XLT is mid level . A Lariat Ultimate then is pretty fucking blinged out is what I was referring too. 

At least you tow with yours. Can you imagine owning that truck and not towing like the Guy I know? 

Yeah "look at me" 

Agree to disagree. I feel an Escalade or a Denali is a look at me vehicle. Of course there are others as well, but those are attainable purchases for us common folk. :lol:

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Agree to disagree. I feel an Escalade or a Denali is a look at me vehicle. Of course there are others as well, but those are attainable purchases for us common folk. :lol:

They are for sure no denying that.

But a loaded pickup has everything a Esky has you know this. Same thing man. 

Difference is a Escalade makes more sense for a family hauler than a diesel F350  . 

Edited by EvilBird

Just now, EvilBird said:

They are for sure no denying that.

But a loaded pickup has everything a Esky has you know this. Same thing man. 

:bc:

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

A neighbor of mine is a logger. He has a late 90's that he works out of and a 96 f-250 and 96 bronco as daily drivers. Work truck looks like a work truck. Other 2 look like they did when they were 2 yrs old.

That's awesome. 

32 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Saw this last year at the grass drags in NH . Guy from a few towns over from me in CT . Thing was MINT. 

588CA2C2-9BF0-4F59-9BC7-2A4EC6C983ED.jpeg

That thing is cherry. Those trucks still make a guy look twice when they're nice.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

That's awesome. 

That thing is cherry. Those trucks still make a guy look twice when they're nice.

Yeah Im not even a Ford guy but I shot the shit with Him for a bit and had to snap a pic . Helped he had beers :bc: :lmao:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah "look at me" 

Lots of variations of XLT's. My F150 is an xlt and it's fairly low on the options. Pretty basic but that's ok for my non baller self lol.

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah Im not even a Ford guy but I shot the shit with Him for a bit and had to snap a pic . Helped he had beers :bc: :lmao:

Those towing mirrors make me cringe. GM has gone back to putting mirrors below the window frame. Its amazing how flimsy they are.

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Lots of variations of XLT's. My F150 is an xlt and it's fairly low on the options. Pretty basic but that's ok for my non baller self lol.

Ya you must not have the 302a package then. Is yours an Eco boost?

41 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Of course there are others as well, but those are attainable purchases for us common folk. 

Brags about losing a grand in one hand at Blackjack in the middle of the week.  Calls a Lariat mid grade….then throws out this gem.  Throw in the worst case of tds on this forum.  Self awareness is definitely not your thing is it sensitive Sally?

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Brags about losing a grand in one hand at Blackjack in the middle of the week.  Calls a Lariat mid grade….then throws out this gem.  Throw in the worst case of tds on this forum.  Self awareness is definitely not your thing is it sensitive Sally?

Lariat is mid grade. Go on Fords build and price.

17 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

That's the only price that matters really.

More oil gets turned into gasoline than diesel.  Diesel costs are mostly hidden to consumers in higher prices at the store and higher prices for services like garbage/shipping.

In a barrel of oil - Energy Education

• Like 2

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

More oil gets turned into gasoline than diesel.  Diesel costs are mostly hidden to consumers in higher prices at the store and higher prices for services like garbage/shipping.

In a barrel of oil - Energy Education

Yes, thats why I said what I did.