Check your account email address ×

Do you run scratchers? If so what style/brand

I had the Polaris Dupont slides on my XCR so in the mornings the slides were really not an issue it was more engine temp.

Last year the Dupont slides were hard to get and this year not much better.  The true Polaris Dupont slides with the inserts the complete lenght list for $249.00 and they're out of stock now. 

11 hours ago, Doug said:

I had the Polaris Dupont slides on my XCR so in the mornings the slides were really not an issue it was more engine temp.

Last year the Dupont slides were hard to get and this year not much better.  The true Polaris Dupont slides with the inserts the complete lenght list for $249.00 and they're out of stock now. 

Yeah, the Duponts are almost impossible to find right now.  The guy who bought my Captain America XCR was saying how he's been using Dupont slides for the last several years, and was going to have me NOT install new hyfax ... but like everyone else, he can't find them so OEM is what he's running with for hyfax.

11 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, the Duponts are almost impossible to find right now.  The guy who bought my Captain America XCR was saying how he's been using Dupont slides for the last several years, and was going to have me NOT install new hyfax ... but like everyone else, he can't find them so OEM is what he's running with for hyfax.

For what they cost, I can't remember last time I burned off a set of hyfax in one season, so stock with some scratchers is fine for me.  3500-5000 miles I'll throw a fresh set on.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
On 11/2/2023 at 5:45 PM, Bontz said:

I don't have a good picture, but I've gone the route of the ski mounted scratchers.  The ones I've been using are OTTP brand ... this:

image.thumb.png.5dd268bb554d7634677825ffa40e564c.png

Those any good??

12 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Those any good??

They've worked for me ... to the point I stay with them vs. running the tunnel/skid frame style scratchers.  The ski mounted ones won't keep the temps quite as low as the rear style scratchers do, but they keep the temps in the low 130's which is fine by me.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

They've worked for me ... to the point I stay with them vs. running the tunnel/skid frame style scratchers.  The ski mounted ones won't keep the temps quite as low as the rear style scratchers do, but they keep the temps in the low 130's which is fine by me.  

They don't fit on SLP skis if anyone is contemplating.

• Like 1