Check your account email address ×

Truck Tires

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Those aren't the tires. Those are M/S2

guess I forgot to add the MS2 in my initial post

there's also LTX defenders...

But the MS2 is a phenomenal tire.   I run true winter tires on all of our vehicles because stopping and turning are important for the safety of my family.  ;)

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I bet you I’ve owned and bought more tires in my 43 years and have more experience than you ever will. Dumbass fucking faggot

want to bet a $1000 I know more about tires than you do? 

;)

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Canadian Tire here used to do a sale like that about every 6 weeks before covid. I bought a set of Duratrac's for around $1200 for the set 4 years ago. Now those same tires are $600/each and the sale is $200 off a purchase of 4.

I now buy deals and don't worry about brand. Bought a couple sets a chinese tires in the last year.

I put a set of Toyo CUV All seasons on our Lincoln MKX…they have been damn good so far.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

55 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

My last 4 new trucks came with them. I dont even list them on marketplace anymore. Cant give them away. :lol:

I run them on the front of mine because open shoulder tires wear choppy on a dually. Otherwise they're the worst tires I've ever seen for traction

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Want to be $1000 I drive and tow more than you in all conditions? 

:roflcrying:

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

What do you run for a true winter tire on a truck?

P or LR/E? 

What are you putting them on? 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

:roflcrying:

P or LR/E? 

What are you putting them on? 

F350 dually. I've been thinking about hakapalitas, but worried I'll wear them out too quick in warmer climates on dry pavement. I can go from 50deg to -20 and snow packed rds in a matter of a few days then back again so finding the right tire is tough. The duratracs seem to be a good compromise but always looking for improvement. 

11 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I run them on the front of mine because open shoulder tires wear choppy on a dually. Otherwise they're the worst tires I've ever seen for traction

Ya you have to rotate often. The way to fix the chop is to get your front alignment done with a trailer hooked to your truck. My tow truck friend told me to do this almost 20 yrs ago and it cured the chop problem. I havent done it yet on this truck, but will be getting it done after the new tires are on.

Edited by Steve753

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Ya you have to rotate often. The way to fix the chop is to get your front alignment done with a trailer hooked to your truck. My tow truck friend told me to do this almost 20 yrs ago and it cured the chop problem. I havent dont it yet on this truck, but will be getting it done after the new tires are on.

No shit? Never thought about the alignment with a trailer hooked up. Kinda makes sense though. I'll check it out. To rotate often enough I'd have to do it every 2 weeks or so and it's just too time consuming. 2 week oil changes is bad enough...

Edited by Cat45
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

No shit? Never thought about the alignment with a trailer hooked up. Kinda makes sense though. I'll check it out. To rotate often enough I'd have to do it every 2 weeks or so and it's just too time consuming. 2 week oil changes is bad enough...

What mileage are you changing your oil at?

10 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

F350 dually. I've been thinking about hakapalitas, but worried I'll wear them out too quick in warmer climates on dry pavement. I can go from 50deg to -20 and snow packed rds in a matter of a few days then back again so finding the right tire is tough. The duratracs seem to be a good compromise but always looking for improvement. 

Nokian makes excellent winter ❄️ tires.  Thing with true winters is putting them on around Thanksgiving and taking them off around Easter.  Due to the softer compound heat will destroy them.  So, the question is do you want winter and all season tires or just the best 'all season' tire you can purchase? 

post your specific size and what type you'd want and I'll pm you later.  ;)

I have some other work to do this afternoon... quality time with the leaf blower.  :lol:

IMG_20231028_120456998.jpg

IMG_20231028_120506828.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

It has LTX AT and they are decent highway but the second there is soft ground it sucks.

LTX MS2... they're not cheap but quality and safety isn't cheap either.  There's a few other tires worth considering as well but I have shit to do... then F1 qualifying is on.

12 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Are running full synthetic? Ive always pushed mine to 15k. I use to do analysis on the oil. Havent on the last couple trucks though.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Are running full synthetic? Ive always pushed mine to 15k. I use to do analysis on the oil. Havent on the last couple trucks though.

Yeah full synthetic. I'd push it farther but i have tons of idle time on each change so i stick with 10k. My last 6.7 blew up at 400k but supposedly it was from a glowplug that broke off and dropped in the cylinder. My current one is a bit over 400k and doing fine. Hoping to get 500k out of this 1. I'd like to upgrade to a 2020+ but not ready quite yet

Just now, Cat45 said:

Yeah full synthetic. I'd push it farther but i have tons of idle time on each change so i stick with 10k. My last 6.7 blew up at 400k but supposedly it was from a glowplug that broke off and dropped in the cylinder. My current one is a bit over 400k and doing fine. Hoping to get 500k out of this 1. I'd like to upgrade to a 2020+ but not ready quite yet

Go 23 and up. I went from a 21 limited to a 23 lariat ultimate. Other than not having massaging seats my 23 is leaps and bounds better than my 21. They thought of everything. Even has cameras on the top of the tailgate. :lol:

Just now, Steve753 said:

Go 23 and up. I went from a 21 limited to a 23 lariat ultimate. Other than not having massaging seats my 23 is leaps and bounds better than my 21. They thought of everything. Even has cameras on the top of the tailgate. :lol:

I'd get a lariat but nothing higher. Too much stuff to go wrong in the long run. I've had a few electronic issues with both trucks, don't need any extra accessories to have to fix

10 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Are you hotshotting?