Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Visited with Joey for a solid half hour known him forever. Congradulated him on the win. Difference is in the real world, people matter. Here? Not so much. Crn? Fucking to long a name, one fucked up thing. No pronouns to deal with here.

13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Visited with Joey for a solid half hour known him forever. Congradulated him on the win. Difference is in the real world, people matter. Here? Not so much. Crn? Fucking to long a name, one fucked up thing. No pronouns to deal with here.

I have no f'ng idea wtf it is you tried to say there but English obviously isn't your first language. 

this makes more sense... 

• Haha 1

Any bets on if they'll be racing or not this coming weekend?

Racers were told they'll be racing with no parking on the lake, but it was 62°F at my place today, it the mid-50's at the lake, a possibility of 4-7 inches of snow, following by 40's Thursday to ???

That could make for a hell of a mess.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Racers were told they'll be racing with no parking on the lake, but it was 62°F at my place today, it the mid-50's at the lake, a possibility of 4-7 inches of snow, following by 40's Thursday to ???

Rammy won't bet, he's been very explicit about that... and being a pussy.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Cold and snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Wont even allow cor's trailer on the lake. Saturday for sure.  Sunday? Even you could claim a partisan trophy. Just sayin. Bring your CITTY KAT!

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Then how come last year you didn't know his kids were racing Doo's?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cold and snow tomorrow and Wednesday. Wont even allow cor's trailer on the lake. Saturday for sure.  Sunday? Even you could claim a partisan trophy. Just sayin. Bring your CITTY KAT!

Well, I'd be on a well aged Procross, so I figure that is good enough for a top 10 ahead of every Catalyst in any class.

• Haha 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Well, I'd be on a well aged Procross, so I figure that is good enough for a top 10 ahead of every Catalyst in any class.

Prove it! And NO!

This will not be popular.  I think ice racing being combined with "terrain" racing is lame.  Two completely different disciplines for racer and machine.  I don't care about lake racing.  I don't see other series alternating flat track and enduro races.  People want to know who is the best at one discipline, not a Jack of all trades.  If they can't do real xc races then just don't do it and call your series lake racing.

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

This will not be popular.  I think ice racing being combined with "terrain" racing is lame.  Two completely different disciplines for racer and machine.  I don't care about lake racing.  I don't see other series alternating flat track and enduro races.  People want to know who is the best at one discipline, not a Jack of all trades.  If they can't do real xc races then just don't do it and call your series lake racing.

This year? Ice was all you had. More to say, but it is bedtime. 

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Kinda hard to put on a terrain XC race with no snow. 

41 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You are not the only person that feels that way. 

Remember, ice le mans has been part of XC racing since the 70's, so it isn't something new.

I like having both on the schedule, both present their own challenges, but the ice makes it harder for the average guy to get out and try it once.

With XC racing being as small as it is, I do not see it possible to run two different series at this time.

A small side note is it is increasingly more difficult to get race permits for ditch and trail races then it was even 5 years ago.  I'm not sure the entire reason, but my understanding is it is a state level thing, and some local clubs want nothing to do with racing on their trails to boot.

33 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

This year? Ice was all you had. More to say, but it is bedtime. 

No, not really.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

maybe they should build some plywood and cinder block jumps (terrain) out on the lake to make things interesting?  

then just leave them to sink for fish cribs.  

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

You are not the only person that feels that way. 

Remember, ice le mans has been part of XC racing since the 70's, so it isn't something new.

I like having both on the schedule, both present their own challenges, but the ice makes it harder for the average guy to get out and try it once.

With XC racing being as small as it is, I do not see it possible to run two different series at this time.

A small side note is it is increasingly more difficult to get race permits for ditch and trail races then it was even 5 years ago.  I'm not sure the entire reason, but my understanding is it is a state level thing, and some local clubs want nothing to do with racing on their trails to boot.

No, not really.

On the bold: They ran the same, stupid concept here in AK around 10 years ago. So a guy wanting to race their series now has the added expense of having shocks rebuilt and lowered for ice or buying a second set of shocks for ice on top of a second track studded for ice. I don’t know how the sponsorships are down there but up here a vast majority of guys are paying for entry fees and everything else out of pocket here in AK. Adding even more costs is a sure way to reduce participation. Most sponsorships available are just a discount on product. The average Joe Blow XC racer isn’t getting cash money from anyone. 

2nd Bold: Sounds more like inept COR people who can’t figure out how to fill out forms with your state. 

6 hours ago, AK440 said:

On the bold: They ran the same, stupid concept here in AK around 10 years ago. So a guy wanting to race their series now has the added expense of having shocks rebuilt and lowered for ice or buying a second set of shocks for ice on top of a second track studded for ice. I don’t know how the sponsorships are down there but up here a vast majority of guys are paying for entry fees and everything else out of pocket here in AK. Adding even more costs is a sure way to reduce participation. Most sponsorships available are just a discount on product. The average Joe Blow XC racer isn’t getting cash money from anyone. 

2nd Bold: Sounds more like inept COR people who can’t figure out how to fill out forms with your state. 

What makes you think it is any different down here?  Have to hustle your way on to race programs for deals on sleds, PG&A.  Discounted parts makes it a lot easier.

Brian from USXC had a hard time in areas getting permits too.  It isn't a forms issue, it is government employee(s) with an agenda issue.   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AK440 said:

Newsflash:

Racing is expensive

Thanks Captain Obvious!  :thumbsup:

Ya know what's more expensive?  Children 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Newsflash:

Racing is expensive

Children that Race..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Newsflash:

Racing is expensive

You don’t even ride so what the fuck do you know about it? Spent all winter polishing your clairvoyant acorns wondering where the snow was.

Having a series where guys have to raise and lower their sleds is a really good way to eliminate participants. 

15 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You don’t even ride so what the fuck do you know about it? Spent all winter polishing your clairvoyant acorns wondering where the snow was.

Having a series where guys have to raise and lower their sleds is a really good way to eliminate participants. 

you post a picture of your sled yet?  did I miss it?