Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Which side?  I think there is going to be some belt issues this year...

The chaincase side. Unless they are using a slipper clutch of some fashion (maybe on the drivers like the IQR had?) I don’t see the drive belt holding up for racing. I’m not hoping it will fail, I’d love for it to succeed as Polaris chaincase maintenance on the Axys and Matryx SUCK! Not including a drain plug is bullshit. If Cat can make this work for trail sleds that’ll be a very good innovation that I’m sure will spread to other OEM’s. 

33 minutes ago, AK440 said:

The chaincase side. Unless they are using a slipper clutch of some fashion (maybe on the drivers like the IQR had?) I don’t see the drive belt holding up for racing. I’m not hoping it will fail, I’d love for it to succeed as Polaris chaincase maintenance on the Axys and Matryx SUCK! Not including a drain plug is bullshit. If Cat can make this work for trail sleds that’ll be a very good innovation that I’m sure will spread to other OEM’s. 

They have been racing it for three years in the open class sleds.  No broken belts according to the racers.

Edited by ZR6000RR

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

They have been racing it for three years in the open class sleds.  No broken belts according to the racers.

Because they are going to call you up and tell you that they had problems... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Bwahahaha! I could give two shits about what a racer has to say about reliability or dependability. Racers only tell the truth about what they ride when they switch to a different brand. Then they’ll tell you about everything that sucked and broke on the previous brand. Same thing with worthless fuck “Ambassadors”. If they say anything bad about the brand they lose their precious little discount. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Bwahahaha! I could give two shits about what a racer has to say about reliability or dependability. Racers only tell the truth about what they ride when they switch to a different brand. Then they’ll tell you about everything that sucked and broke on the previous brand. Same thing with worthless fuck “Ambassadors”. If they say anything bad about the brand they lose their precious little discount. 

No

Racers will fix what's weak. No mention what so ever about the final drive belt. Factory Cat racers words.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

No

Racers will fix what's weak. No mention what so ever about the final drive belt. Factory Cat racers words.

HOLY FUCK are you stupid.. Didn't even grasp the slightest bit of info from his post.. 

No racer is going to tell you (some random fat ass jerk-off, from cousin fuck MN), the problems they had with the sled they got for free, or at a huge discount. 

Its their job to promote the brand and sell units.

Edited by krom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, krom said:

HOLY FUCK are you stupid.. Didn't even grasp the slightest bit of info from his post.. 

No racer is going to tell you (some random fat ass jerk-off, from cousin fuck MN), the problems they had with the sled they got for free, or at a huge discount. 

Its their job to promote the brand and sell units.

Blah, blah, blah. I will take the words from Ben, Zach and Dave over an idiot like you. Zero broken belts. Until proven otherwise. 

10 hours ago, AK440 said:

We take the slipper off for ice racing, but keep it for terrain.

Procross doesn't have a drain plug either.  Just crack the case apart and let it dump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's the untidy wiring we're seeing?

He cut the zip ties on the bars to put Rox on it is my bet. The bars and wiring come done from the factory this year (just had to put them up) makes pdi way faster and the Guatemalans in TRF actually did a clean job on them I’ve only been adding one zip tie to the back of the riser for the throttle and brake lines.

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

He cut the zip ties on the bars to put Rox on it is my bet. The bars and wiring come done from the factory this year (just had to put them up) makes pdi way faster and the Guatemalans in TRF actually did a clean job on them I’ve only been adding one zip tie to the back of the riser for the throttle and brake lines.

Shorter riser for ice.

And some other stuff too...

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

Hell as far as Polaris having drain plug it’s not needed and one more thing to have issues with.

i just use my mini vac and suck it out.i drain mine frequently.just pulled cover from my pros for the first time after 11k miles.threw new bearing,seal and tensioner in even though looked good.

far as belt drive goes it needs a cover!!

IMG_1191.jpeg

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Hell as far as Polaris having drain plug it’s not needed and one more thing to have issues with.

i just use my mini vac and suck it out.i drain mine frequently.just pulled cover from my pros for the first time after 11k miles.threw new bearing,seal and tensioner in even though looked good.

far as belt drive goes it needs a cover!!

IMG_1191.jpeg

No one covers a belt. Not even Polaris on there mountain sleds.

5 minutes ago, X2700 said:

These are trail sleds not mountain sleds.

wait till that exhaust spring gets in there!!

Probably not. Would take an act of God to get back that far. Motor is so low. I don't know if a mouse could make that trip.

40 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Probably not. Would take an act of God to get back that far. Motor is so low. I don't know if a mouse could make that trip.

Springs hold your pipe to your can.  Could easily drop one in there if it breaks or gets loose on a ride.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Springs hold your pipe to your can.  Could easily drop one in there if it breaks or gets loose on a ride.

How often does that happen? 2015, 18, 20 and 22. One spring. Manifold side.  Literal non issue. Like getting stuck by lightning. 

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

How often does that happen? 2015, 18, 20 and 22. One spring. Manifold side.  Literal non issue. Like getting stuck by lightning. 

More often then you'd think.  

6 minutes ago, krom said:

I've warrantied plenty of clutches over the years from having a broken exhaust spring go through them.

I keep a solid 10 exhaust springs for the y-pipe and can and 2 or 3 for the pipe to chassis in stock at all times, mainly because I have to buy the one style 5 at a time.

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

More often then you'd think.  

I keep a solid 10 exhaust springs for the y-pipe and can and 2 or 3 for the pipe to chassis in stock at all times, mainly because I have to buy the one style 5 at a time.

If you actually ever raced.

52 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

We run silicone on all springs to try to take out the vibration that makes them break and fall off. Pounding through the rough ditches can stretch them too and then they'll fall off. 

• Like 2