Check your account email address ×

Gen Zers are 'increasingly drawn to simpler living.' Here's where they're moving.

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

I couldn’t afford a new car when I bought my first house. I drove an old beater Pontiac for a few years until I could. Priorities?

I still can’t afford a new car. :lol:

I just retired my 04 envoy that I bought in 05 as a theft vehicle.  Replaced it with a 2010.  I never have a car payment.  Problem is kids today don’t have the skills and knowledge we had to maintain an older vehicle.  

26754422-7F2E-45B4-A2EC-07B571083AE0.jpeg

0588101C-C49B-4A99-AD82-7CA8CAFFCFF5.jpeg

15 hours ago, Cold War said:

I hope so too, but not optimistic.  My son and his fiancé have decent jobs,  work 6 days a week, and can’t break the rental cycle. They pay as much to rent a small apartment as we do for our house. Average car payment is what 600-700 a month? 

Average cost of ownership is over $1,000 per month.  Insurance premiums are skyrocketing.  Our car insurance went up 31% and our homeowners insurance went up 16%.  Add sales tax (around 8% in the metro) on a vehicle in MN plus registration (1.25% of value plus $10 plus $75 for an EV).

Tesla Model 3 AWD Long Range $46,000 sale price

Sales tax ~$4,025

Registration ~$660

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I still can’t afford a new car. :lol:

I just retired my 04 envoy that I bought in 05 as a theft vehicle.  Replaced it with a 2010.  I never have a car payment.  Problem is kids today don’t have the skills and knowledge we had to maintain an older vehicle.  

26754422-7F2E-45B4-A2EC-07B571083AE0.jpeg

0588101C-C49B-4A99-AD82-7CA8CAFFCFF5.jpeg

Thats not the kids fault. Thats the parents fault.

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Thats not the kids fault. Thats the parents fault.

Not really. How the fukk are you going to pry the fukking phone out of their hands, and get them to pay attention, long enough to learn anything, without going to jail ?

Most of them don,t have any interest in learning to drive or owning a vehicle, let alone learning anything about maintenance or repair of one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Not really. How the fukk are you going to pry the fukking phone out of their hands, and get them to pay attention, long enough to learn anything, without going to jail ?

Most of them don,t have any interest in learning to drive or owning a vehicle, let alone learning anything about maintenance or repair of one. 

Who gave them the fucking phone to start with?

I did my own maintenance on everything when my boys were growing up and they both showed interest in what I was doing. I know one still does all his own maintenance the other one cant because he lives in a condo.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I did my own maintenance on everything when my boys were growing up and they both showed interest in what I was doing. I know one still does all his own maintenance the other one cant because he lives in a condo.

Yup same here. I know my kids ain’t teenagers but I have my kids work on cars, concrete or framing whatever I’m working on all the time and they have fun and like it for the most part. My son seems to enjoy it more than my daughter she thinks it’s boy stuff but she tries it. When they say this is hard work I just say ya exactly that’s why you want to stay in school and pay attention so you don’t have to do this shit for a living unless you want to lol.IMG_4252.thumb.jpeg.1015f2d211e3f9f3114cc2f960193c67.jpegIMG_4251.thumb.jpeg.2cb92082461136187d21e8fa67078cb6.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup same here. I know my kids ain’t teenagers but I have my kids work on cars, concrete or framing whatever I’m working on all the time and they have fun and like it for the most part. My son seems to enjoy it more than my daughter she thinks it’s boy stuff but she tries it. When they say this is hard work I just say ya exactly that’s why you want to stay in school and pay attention so you don’t have to do this shit for a living unless you want to lol.IMG_4252.thumb.jpeg.1015f2d211e3f9f3114cc2f960193c67.jpegIMG_4251.thumb.jpeg.2cb92082461136187d21e8fa67078cb6.jpeg

Thats awesome! 

Dont see many of those sleeper Mustangs around anymore. Is it yours?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

You blacked out the license plate.... I don't trust this place either... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Pier pressure. Johnny has one, so Mikey must have one as well.

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, but you drive it on the street for 100K, but it isn,t an issue there. 

That 80 year old lady on the street ain't gonna get a cop buddy to run a number just to make points on an internet site...

But you knew that...

• Haha 1

Just now, Snake said:

I trust plenty.

A bunch of fake names on the internet? Fuck no.

What you've posted previously says different.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Thats awesome! 

Ya the notch is mine current never ending project lol had it for almost 15yrs the 05 gt in the reflection is my salvage rebuilder I did over past winter.

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

You blacked out the license plate.... I don't trust this place either... :lol:

It’s not my car it’s a work customer car  my son just was helping me on a Saturday so I didn’t feel it be good idea to advertise it online lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

That 80 year old lady on the street ain't gonna get a cop buddy to run a number just to make points on an internet site...

But you knew that...

Maybe they'll just get the info from a fellow site members facebook friends list.

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Maybe they'll just get the info from a fellow site members facebook friends list.

:lol:

Pour Steve....

I trust Bhen with a $300 bottle of scotch before I trust any of you jackalopes.... :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pour Steve....

I trust Bhen with a $300 bottle of scotch before I trust any of you jackalopes.... :lol:

Right over your pointy tin foil head like usual.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

WTF are you talking about. :lol:

Fox Body's are all the rage they are everywhere at every damn car show and car meet and defiantly not fucking sleepers.  

Stick to dreaming about $600k Ferrari's bozo :joint: 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

WTF are you talking about. :lol:

Fox Body's are all the rage they are everywhere at every damn car show and car meet and defiantly not fucking sleepers.  

Stick to dreaming about $600k Ferrari's bozo :joint: 

I’d guess he means the notchbacks ya they’re rarer than the hatch but still I’d hardly say rare I mean shit my bud has 6 notch’s lol. They are definitely a shit load more money than 10-15yrs ago.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d guess he means the notchbacks ya they’re rarer than the hatch but still I’d hardly say rare I mean shit my bud has 6 notch’s lol. They are definitely a shit load more money than 10-15yrs ago.

Oh big time ! I love Fox Bodys but yeah i got a couple buds with em also. 2 GTs one notch. Notch is my fav by far. Guess thats what he ment.  But Fox body's in general Hell there are two clean ones ripping around my small ass town I saw all summer .

They went up big time but so has a lot of shit. I want another G body but people want crazy money for fucking junk. 

Edited by EvilBird

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I rarely see them. :dunno:

I dont go to car shows. :bc: