Check your account email address ×

we're all gonna die

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Steve753... ask what the grunge mats are made of.  ;)

ok, nevermind as I have other shit to do before it's completely dark here.

03b.png

If Trump includes the value of state secrets he sells to the Saudis with his properties then his valuations are accurate. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Steve753 said:

I bet you can pull your bottom lip over your forehead. 

OOOh did you and HSR have a lovers quarrel? 

That's his only talent and now you are using it to mock other posters? Damn. 

You should be careful he might try and press on that soft spot on your forehead. Wear your protective head gear just in case.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's 84 degrees here today

you should buy an EV and some solar panels... for the children 

We are out on the boat. Tomorrow as well, it gets pulled Friday.  Sad day for sure, bring on Sled season....can wait another 75 days.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

We are out on the boat. Tomorrow as well, it gets pulled Friday.  Sad day for sure, bring on Sled season....can wait another 75 days.

Yep, I'm running mine for the last time and winterizing it this evening and bringing sleds home this weekend when I take it out to storage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

My sleds all ready, camp deposit paid.  Boat is going up the river in 2 weeks for its winter nap, some new canvas, a wrap and a shrink wrap.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My sleds all ready, camp deposit paid.  Boat is going up the river in 2 weeks for its winter nap, some new canvas, a wrap and a shrink wrap.

I bought a shrink wrap gun this year...I'm doing 2 friends boats for 1/3 the going rate. It's paid for itself already. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's 84 degrees here today

you should buy an EV and some solar panels... for the children 

I'll burn my styrofoam and garbage today.

Block the suns rays and cancel climate change in my area.

Gretta approves!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

got mine ready in june, never used it. we had so much rain the hudson river has been trashed all summer. i ask friends ,they all say be careful. one hit something and mangled his prop. got it fixed and it's vibrating. had it balanced, still shaking. looks like he is going in the drive. i'll be winterizing soon. really missed cruising out there and especially good dinners out

24 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

got mine ready in june, never used it. we had so much rain the hudson river has been trashed all summer. i ask friends ,they all say be careful. one hit something and mangled his prop. got it fixed and it's vibrating. had it balanced, still shaking. looks like he is going in the drive. i'll be winterizing soon. really missed cruising out there and especially good dinners out

That’s the worst.  Happened to my brother a couple years ago in a poorly marked channel,  thousands to fix.

39 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Before he starts into the drive, throw another known good prop on it, even if he has a spare, to make 100 % sure it isn,t a prop problem. There might be a slim chance the guy that balanced the prop fukked up. Costs nothing, but a bit of time to be sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

That sucks...that's why I'll never put a SS prop on..I will gladly give up 3-5% in performance not to toast my gearbox. 

Hope you atleast got out on friends boats. 

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

That sucks...that's why I'll never put a SS prop on..I will gladly give up 3-5% in performance not to toast my gearbox. 

Hope you atleast got out on friends boats. 

Did not. Hitting debris in the river is pretty common. I have had my share . My worst was a white tarp at midnight after the fireworks. I was just floating and when the finale started I took off. Nothing like ripping under that . First one to the boat launch a few miles upriver before the drunks. My boat was brand new, it shut me right off. I trimmed up and it was a white ball of tarp. Now I’m floating in the channel, in the water, trying to cut it off with my Kershaw filet knife. When I got to the prop it was melted like a milk jug. No teeth on filet knife, I did what I had to . And then get to the boat launch that has 20 drunks waiting. Good times , especially the scratches on my outdrive. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

It was awesome being in the water with drunks going up both sides wfo. Only 1 cruiser helped me by staying there for better visibility 

There are drunks on the lake...but we're all going 5 mph. 

20231003_131945.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, SkisNH said:

There are drunks on the lake...but we're all going 5 mph. 

20231003_131945.jpg

the river has no speed limit. it goes for miles and miles. i have done albany ny as far south as the verazzano bridge. that's about a 100 miles of river  one way. most of my time is on the north part. boats of all sizes from dingy to huge barge. mine is 20 feet but does well out there. it's a tidal river that is pretty strong, so wind one way and tide the other makes for some wicked rollers. they can be tough , but just like sleds you sometimes have to hammer the tops. i have apologized to passengers many times for what i had to do in those conditions. just when you think 55 is cranking someone blows by at 80 . some fast boats out there

5 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

the river has no speed limit. it goes for miles and miles. i have done albany ny as far south as the verazzano bridge. that's about a 100 miles of river  one way. most of my time is on the north part. boats of all sizes from dingy to huge barge. mine is 20 feet but does well out there. it's a tidal river that is pretty strong, so wind one way and tide the other makes for some wicked rollers. they can be tough , but just like sleds you sometimes have to hammer the tops. i have apologized to passengers many times for what i had to do in those conditions. just when you think 55 is cranking someone blows by at 80 . some fast boats out there

Before we bought our place on the lake we used to keep a boat on Winnipesaukee 75 square miles of water. Lots of go fast boats and go fast boat accidents....I'm very happy to be on my 700 acre lake. The wake boats and riders typically go out in the morning.