Check your account email address ×

How About those Lions?

Cold War

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That's funny but Jim I just want to clarify something, that Packer fan does not represent most Packer fans. That's probably a Milwaukee season ticket holder. :lmao:

otb, ain't that the truth! 

they suck, there were more Lions fans in the stands than Packers fans in the 4th qtr.  thank goodness those County Stadium days are past us 

• Like 1

Lions looked good in the first half.  The defense was either gassed at the end of the first half or just decided to take the second half off.  Stay healthy and the team should have a good run this season.  

There were some highlights for Packer fans that want to see the rookies continue to improve.  The bitch Packer fans in the stands that want to boo just because they don't have a HOF QB and a veteran roster to back him up after all these decades of having one should just stay home.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Lions looked good in the first half.  The defense was either gassed at the end of the first half or just decided to take the second half off.  Stay healthy and the team should have a good run this season.  

There were some highlights for Packer fans that want to see the rookies continue to improve.  The bitch Packer fans in the stands that want to boo just because they don't have a HOF QB and a veteran roster to back him up after all these decades of having one should just stay home.....

I dunno.... that first GB touchdown drive occurred after the clock had hit zero on a huge throw by Love. Considering that, the Lions defense basically held them to one touchdown, denied a 2 pt conversion, got a sack, and an interception in the second half. I'd credit GB for finding ways to get some points on the board.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Premium said:

I dunno.... that first GB touchdown drive occurred after the clock had hit zero on a huge throw by Love. Considering that, the Lions defense basically held them to one touchdown, denied a 2 pt conversion, got a sack, and an interception in the second half. I'd credit GB for finding ways to get some points on the board.

Hard to believe the officials missed that one…then again maybe not.🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

The Detroit Lions, formerly the Portsmouth Spartans, started in Portsmouth, Ohio, in 1928. After joining the NFL in 1930, they relocated to Detroit in 1934. Their home ground was Universal Stadium during their Ohio years.

• Like 2

I watched the Bye Bye Barry documentary last night, it was very good. What an incredible running back he was and a kind, humble soul. Being a Packer fan, I cringed when in the 1st round of the 1989 NFL Draft and the Packers with the 2nd pick choose Tony Mandarich and right after that the Lions pick Sanders. I can only dream what it would have been like if the Packers chose Sanders instead of Mandarich (massive flop) and for him to play in the same backfield as Brett Favre. This is me every time I think about it. :lmao:

Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey GIF - Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey Lloyd -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I watched the Bye Bye Barry documentary last night, it was very good. What an incredible running back he was and a kind, humble soul. Being a Packer fan, I cringed when in the 1st round of the 1989 NFL Draft and the Packers with the 2nd pick choose Tony Mandarich and right after that the Lions pick Sanders. I can only dream what it would have been like if the Packers chose Sanders instead of Mandarich (massive flop) and for him to play in the same backfield as Brett Favre. This is me every time I think about it. :lmao:

Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey GIF - Dumb And Dumber Jim Carrey Lloyd -  Discover & Share GIFs

It’s a really good documentary…Scott Mitchell has been crying like a bitch because  for some reason he feels he was blamed for their struggles even though he wasn’t mentioned by name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s a really good documentary…Scott Mitchell has been crying like a bitch because  for some reason he feels he was blamed for their struggles even though he wasn’t mentioned by name.

I thought the interaction between Barry and his sons was pretty cool. I didn't know he had 4 sons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I thought the interaction between Barry and his sons was pretty cool. I didn't know he had 4 sons.

That was cool…one of his sons is on the MSU Basketball Team…nice to see Barry at the games. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn’t watch it, but I don’t feel like anything was revealed that everyone didn’t already know.  The scott Mitchell telling everyone to fuck off overshadowed the whole Barry controversy. I never liked Mitchell ….and Wayne can fuck off too! :lol:

38 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Still hard to believe the Lions are even in the picture. I'm still just hoping for a playoff win like I had said at the beginning of the season

407447575_25138436682421802_446432190758304100_n.thumb.jpg.dce1216269c3a5c4b033744112a04920.jpg

That seems about right…they are definitely light years ahead of the Same Old Lions teams but games like yesterday make you realize they aren’t there yet. They had The Saints down 21-0 early and let them back into it. As for The Chiefs being at 18.9 I’m not buying it…they don’t scare anybody anymore. The Lions will show us who they really are when they play Dallas.👊🏻

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That seems about right…they are definitely light years ahead of the Same Old Lions teams but games like yesterday make you realize they aren’t there yet. They had The Saints down 21-0 early and let them back into it. As for The Chiefs being at 18.9 I’m not buying it…they don’t scare anybody anymore. The Lions will show us who they really are when they play Dallas.👊🏻

I looked like they were going to just rag doll the Saints in the first quarter. But then we all remembered we were watching the Lions play  :lol: And the 49ers beating the Eagles didn't hep our cause either

Whatever happens playoff wise, still a great season.  If you’re not a Lions fan you can’t appreciate it. This was  the season my father’s, father, was waiting for. I have friends and relatives that moved away 20 years ago that are so exciting over this season, freaking out.  I wish my neighbors were alive to see it.  They were die hard fans every year.  Celebrating whatever crumbs they could. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Whatever happens playoff wise, still a great season.  If you’re not a Lions fan you can’t appreciate it. This was  the season my father’s, father, was waiting for. I have friends and relatives that moved away 20 years ago that are so exciting over this season, freaking out.  I wish my neighbors were alive to see it.  They were die hard fans every year.  Celebrating whatever crumbs they could. 

No I get it...I grew up in PA and am an Eagles, Flyers, Phillies fan. 

They had success in my formidable fan years....then a Long drought until well into adulthood.

I was just stating a fact regarding the schedule. Partially just licking wounds after the 49s game. But our run of Dallas, Bills, Chiefs, 49's and back with Dallas. I would gladly trade schedules.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...