Check your account email address ×

Biden faces a moment of peril as UAW threatens broad strike

spin_dry

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Haha.  Public sector unions are worse than the uaw, because they’re a conflict of interest by design.  Most parents can choose where they buy a car, they cannot choose where they send their kids to school.  

All of them disgust me.  The school ones here don't have that influence as we have open enrollment.

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Mfg an inferior product has ruined American car makers. I say this after owning a domestic after a lifetime of Toyotas and Hondas. Total pieces of shit. 

At the time of the bailouts there was 2300.00 in legacy cost in every car...Toyota and others without that burden simply built better cars. 

So go ahead give the UAW a massive contract it will solve everything.  

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

At the time of the bailouts there was 2300.00 in legacy cost in every car...Toyota and others without that burden simply built better cars. 

So go ahead give the UAW a massive contract it will solve everything.  

The domestic car makers have always built inferior vehicles. Even when the Japanese economy collapsed their cars remained far better.   

42 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We want job security…….but we also want allllllllll this at the same time 🤣

I don't have a problem with private sector unions, its when they start using my dollars to give their employees raises.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

I don't have a problem with private sector unions, its when they start using my dollars to give their employees raises.  

Get what you can get UAW just don't affect me in any negative way what so ever or anyone else outside the union for that matter  :bc: 

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Was having Juneteenth off a big sticking point? All of them caved on it. I feel like no matter what this guy is calling for targeted strike.  

I can't even imagine going into my boss's office and demanding a 32 hour work week plus a 40% pay increase. I'd just go on an interview on my own if I wanted that  :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I can't even imagine going into my boss's office and demanding a 32 hour work week plus a 40% pay increase. I'd just go on an interview on my own if I wanted that  :lol: 

My wife just took over the union stewardship.  The negotiations had been going on for years.  They wanted 6% and the company was prepared to go as high as 3%.  What a disaster.  She is not a union person at all, but was like this is ridiculous.  Listening to some of these union people when she is doing her zoom meeting…..:suicide:

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Did you have a point to make in there?  Let the consumers decide is my only point.  When more than 80% of the average towns budget goes to public sector unions, hence my taxes, I don't have much input when they organize their protests.  That Wisconsin teachers union showdown several years back was glorious.  

32 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

46%!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

But they are worried about their job security!!11  :lol: 

I have to admit though, what non-skilled UAW workers are paid on average is a joke.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I have to admit though, what non-skilled UAW workers are paid on average is a joke.

And their point about the auto manus making record profits time and time again

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Did you have a point to make in there?  Let the consumers decide is my only point.  When more than 80% of the average towns budget goes to public sector unions, hence my taxes, I don't have much input when they organize their protests.  That Wisconsin teachers union showdown several years back was glorious.  

:ashamed: