Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

8 hours ago, krom said:

Even though I've seen the pictures, of that one, and have rebuilt others. I don't believe it blew up, jimwit says that is impossible 

Is there a better phrase to use than blown up for when the piston starts making contact with the head because the crank bearing locator pin wasn't installed at the engine assembly plant?  It was found fully intact laying in the bottom of the case.  

I'd prefer to call it an unfortunate circumstance but at the price of the replacement engine and no coverage whatsoever from Textron I'm pretty sure I can call it anything I want. 

Definitely a Quality Control issue... wonder how many more are out there? 

10 hours ago, krom said:

The exact same issue is what caused so many 400's to blow up.

Worst part of both was textron didn't do a goddammed thing about it until well after the season was over, despite running out of parts.  Insider even posted a writeup on adding pennies to the 400 clutch. 
I was pulling good pistons and cylinders off of blown up 800's to piece together blasts, and other blown up 800s.

LOL, and Cat engines are bullet proof. You claim this every time you slam Poo or Doo. They are all in the same boat. Poo and Doo maybe more so but that's the sales numbers. Flail away Cat Boys

2 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

LOL, and Cat engines are bullet proof. You claim this every time you slam Poo or Doo. They are all in the same boat. Poo and Doo maybe more so but that's the sales numbers. Flail away Cat Boys

do you not appreciate his honesty?  

37 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Since you brought it up, unlike the last 20+ years of poo's engine debacle, cat's design, and manufacture of the engine was/has been/is sound. The 400 issues all happened because of clutch calibration, and textrons refusal to act swiftly in fixing the issue.  The 800 issues involved clutching, calibration, and textrons firing of the majority of engine guys, including calibration guys, and their refusal to act swiftly

47 minutes ago, krom said:

Since you brought it up, unlike the last 20+ years of poo's engine debacle, cat's design, and manufacture of the engine was/has been/is sound. The 400 issues all happened because of clutch calibration, and textrons refusal to act swiftly in fixing the issue.  The 800 issues involved clutching, calibration, and textrons firing of the majority of engine guys, including calibration guys, and their refusal to act swiftly

how many Cat clutches have just fallen off taking the end of the crankshaft with them? 

mash-alan-alda.gif

but... TRF ain't what it used to be.  

:sad:

2 hours ago, krom said:

Right on Q. Outside of the last 5 years Cat was decent due to the Zuke. Since then Cat has gone to Yam for power and the 600 is weak from a performance perspective and that POS 800 I'm not even going to bring up. Could care less regarding the reasoning you provide, crap is crap. Spin and deflect away, that's your motto

Edited by Tripleflipper
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Cat's last 800 couldn't give the competition fits, never mind a 600 :lmao:

In the last shootout/year where 800's competed, the Cat 800 swapped wins with the Polaris 800.
In much of flatland racing, the 600 CTEC has won alot over the years. If you want to trash Cat, thats fine, but you will look like a fool trying to bash the 600, its been a solid engine.

"In ISOC National Snocross, Team Arctic won 95 out of 161 class finals throughout the 16-race season. That’s 59 percent of the total wins! Equally impressive, Team Green captured 264 out of 483 podium positions (54 percent) and 12 of the 14 class high point championship titles. From the season opener in Duluth, Minn., to the final in Lake Geneva, Wis., it was an all-out blitz aboard the indomitable Arctic Cat ZR 6000R SX snowmobile featuring the ProCross chassis and C-TEC2 6000 EFI engine.

The results were equally dominant in USXC cross-country, where Team Arctic captured 88 out of 140 possible class wins (62 percent), 213 out of 414 podium positions (51 percent) and 16 of 21 class high point titles (76 percent). Team Arctic racers crushed the competition aboard the same snowmobile and technology available to all Arctic Cat enthusiasts: the ZR 6000R XC in the ProCross chassis that features the C-TEC2 DSI engine plus the ARS front and SLIDE-ACTION rear suspension combo."

cat1.PNG

Edited by stinkipinki

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

In the last shootout/year where 800's competed, the Cat 800 swapped wins with the Polaris 800.

Well if they were even in the mud that settles everything :lmao: 

38 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

In much of flatland racing, the 600 CTEC has won alot over the years. If you want to trash Cat, thats fine, but you will look like a fool trying to bash the 600, its been a solid engine.

"In ISOC National Snocross, Team Arctic won 95 out of 161 class finals throughout the 16-race season. That’s 59 percent of the total wins! Equally impressive, Team Green captured 264 out of 483 podium positions (54 percent) and 12 of the 14 class high point championship titles. From the season opener in Duluth, Minn., to the final in Lake Geneva, Wis., it was an all-out blitz aboard the indomitable Arctic Cat ZR 6000R SX snowmobile featuring the ProCross chassis and C-TEC2 6000 EFI engine.

The results were equally dominant in USXC cross-country, where Team Arctic captured 88 out of 140 possible class wins (62 percent), 213 out of 414 podium positions (51 percent) and 16 of 21 class high point titles (76 percent). Team Arctic racers crushed the competition aboard the same snowmobile and technology available to all Arctic Cat enthusiasts: the ZR 6000R XC in the ProCross chassis that features the C-TEC2 DSI engine plus the ARS front and SLIDE-ACTION rear suspension combo."

cat1.PNG

#68 hasn’t raced in 5 years and those stats are old. Cat hasn’t had a top 5 rider in the big classes since he left. The other 2 are catching up in cross country real fast. The 600 sx engine has been a cluster fuck since 2019ish.

Edited by Not greg b

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

#68 hasn’t raced in 5 years and those stats are old. Cat hasn’t had a top 5 rider in the big classes since he left. The other 2 are catching up in cross country real fast. The 600 sx engine has been a cluster fuck since 2019ish.

And uncle rico could have gone pro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-VX3WbA9U

32 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

don't tell him how to think, he rides a Rush baler. 

hauling_hay_bale.gif

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Those stats are from 2019, so not that old.
Similar results can be found years before and after.
I had them all saved somewhere, Cat won like 55-60% of 600cc flatland racing for like 8 years in a row. As far as the CTEC II 600 being a cluster fuck, thats just brand whimpering, its been a solid engine and I routenily see them on market place with 6k-14K miles and still running good.

Far as racing, Cat have basically pulled out in the past 4-5 years. Their money has went into saving their company with a new chassis, motor, gauge and other updates. The only time Polaris and Ski-Doo do well against Cat is when they are under-represented. The other myth is 'its only a few riders'. Lots of various teams riding cats from 12-20 won races. The christian brothers being one of the more popular ones.

Screenshot_20230305-194839_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230306-200559_Facebook.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki

10 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Those stats are from 2019.
I had them all saved somewhere, Cat won like 55-60% of 600cc flatland racing for like 8 years in a row. As far as the CTEC II 600 being a cluster fuck, thats just brand whimpering, its been a solid engine and I routenily see them on market place with 6k-14K miles and still running good.

Far as racing, Cat have basically pulled out in the past 4-5 years. Their money has went into saving their company with a new chassis, motor, gauge and other updates. The only time Polaris and Ski-Doo do well against Cat is when they are under-represented. The other myth is 'its only a few riders'. Lots of various teams riding cats from 12-20 won races.

2019 was a complete disaster for cat at snocross. hibbert retired in may of 2018 and it went downhill fast from there.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Those stats are from 2019, so not that old.

Far as racing, Cat have basically pulled out in the past 4-5 years. Their money has went into saving their company with a new chassis, motor, gauge and other updates. The only time Polaris and Ski-Doo do well against Cat is when they are under-represented. The other myth is 'its only a few riders'. Lots of various teams riding cats from 12-20 won races. The christian brothers being one of the more popular ones.

Christian brothers are skidoo now and don’t race a full schedule like they use to. 

Edited by Not greg b

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

2019 was a complete disaster for cat at snocross. hibbert retired in may of 2018 and it went downhill fast from there.

What would you know about snox anyhow? Stinki will set you straight.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I addressed this myth in my last comment.
Lots of folks not named Hibbert won races on cats for years. This truth doesn't seem to stick very well. 2019/2020 was about the time Cat really started to pull out, they didn't sponsor as much and that led to much less representation. And yes the ProCross getting long in the tooth was part of that too.
Not to knock down flatland racing as alot of good comes from that enterprise and commitment, but not like it used to.

For today's consumer though its not really a big deal.
The majority of the market are longer track trail sleds (128//129), long track trail sleds (136/137) and Crossovers (141-146). Not to knock down flatland racing as alot of good comes from them an

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I addressed this myth in my last comment.
Lots of folks not named Hibbert won races on cats for years. This truth doesn't seem to stick very well. 2019/2020 was about the time Cat really started to pull out, they didn't sponsor as much and that led to much less representation. And yes the ProCross getting long in the tooth was part of that too.
Not to knock down flatland racing as alot of good comes from that enterprise and commitment, but not like it used to.

For today's consumer though its not really a big deal.
The majority of the market are longer track trail sleds (128//129), long track trail sleds (136/137) and Crossovers (141-146). Not to knock down flatland racing as alot of good comes from them an

you have no idea who you are talking to do you? 

ron-swanson-phone.gif