Check your account email address ×

Most expensive president in history

Imagine if Obama did this......

MAY 9 2017 - 2:18AM
Barbara Demick

... a unique set of circumstances has made the current presidential family the most expensive in history. There is no standard methodology to tally travel and protection costs, but based on publicly available information reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, the total for Trump's first 100 days was at least $30 million ($A40m). By comparison, the conservative think tank Judicial Watch found .. costs for .. Obama and his much smaller family averaged $12 million ($A16m) a year ...

The jump in costs is largely due to the fact that Trump has used three separate residences - the White House, Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago. Over the weekend he added a fourth: the Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club where the family has traditionally spent summer weekends.

In addition to protecting the president and first lady, the Secret Service guards five children, their three spouses and eight grandchildren - 16 people in all. Since the election, Secret Service agents have accompanied the president's two adult sons on business trips to Dubai, Uruguay, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Ireland and Scotland. Each "protectee" - as they are called by the Secret Service - gets his or her own security detail even when travelling together ...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/trump-protection-in-first-100-day-soars-to-40-million-most-expensive-president-in-history-20170508-gw0h7h.html

Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Barbara Demick

... a unique set of circumstances has made the current presidential family the most expensive in history. There is no standard methodology to tally travel and protection costs, but based on publicly available information reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, the total for Trump's first 100 days was at least $30 million ($A40m). By comparison, the conservative think tank Judicial Watch found .. costs for .. Obama and his much smaller family averaged $12 million ($A16m) a year ...

The jump in costs is largely due to the fact that Trump has used three separate residences - the White House, Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago. Over the weekend he added a fourth: the Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club where the family has traditionally spent summer weekends.

In addition to protecting the president and first lady, the Secret Service guards five children, their three spouses and eight grandchildren - 16 people in all. Since the election, Secret Service agents have accompanied the president's two adult sons on business trips to Dubai, Uruguay, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Ireland and Scotland. Each "protectee" - as they are called by the Secret Service - gets his or her own security detail even when travelling together ...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/trump-protection-in-first-100-day-soars-to-40-million-most-expensive-president-in-history-20170508-gw0h7h.html

Is it Trumps fault he has family?? And that an unbelievable amount of people/liberals have threatened to kill them?

28 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Barbara Demick

The /trump-protection-in-first-100-day-soars-to-40-million-most-expensive-president-in-history-20170508-gw0h7h.html

How can this be???? 

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Same shit regurgitated over and over by the same lemmings. Not a peep last 8 years though :news: 

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Is it Trumps fault he has family?? And that an unbelievable amount of people/liberals have threatened to kill them?

Image result for you missed the point

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No. It's his fault that princess Melania can't live in the whitehouse like everyone else... This gratutitous spending is fucking outrageous. Anyone who is a conservative  and disagrees needs to check their card at the door. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hmmmm

Probably a lot easier to post videos of when he hasn't gone back on his word. The guy is a huge double talker walking contradiction.

Doesn't mean the Obamas didn't travel and spend money too! :thumb: Trump is just doing it Trump style 

1 minute ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No. It's his fault that princess Melania can't live in the whitehouse like everyone else... This gratutitous spending is fucking outrageous. Anyone who is a conservative  and disagrees needs to check their card at the door. 

want your vote back yet, like smails? I assume you saw the recent news of aghan?

42 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

want your vote back yet, like smails? I assume you saw the recent news of aghan?

I'n guessing there's a lot of voter remorse all while still being thankful Hillary didn't win. Fucking sad it came down to those two and not having a close third party.

Edited by Skidooski

59 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Probably a lot easier to post videos of when he hasn't gone back on his word. The guy is a huge double talker walking contradiction.

Doesn't mean the Obamas didn't travel and spend money too! :thumb: Trump is just doing it Trump style 

Holy Fuck even when whacked about the head you back the fake up

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Image result for you missed the point

My point is, Trump has a large family, Obama's family, well there isnt one...

Ill put it in layman's terms for you.. A word problem for a first grader..

A family of 16 and a family of 4 are both going to the same restaurant to have dinner. Which family is going to spend more??  :thumb:

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I'n guessing theirs a lot of voter remorse all while still being thankful Hillary didn't win. Fucking sad it came down to those two and not having a close third party.

bill maher said it best last Friday night. i'll try and find the clip.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Holy Fuck even when whacked about the head you back the fake up

Am I defending his spending or am I pointing out that the Obamas spent too? I just said hes spending "Trump style"! How do you interpret that....As me saying it's OK? :wall: 

Edited by Skidooski

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Mar a Lago, Bedminster, it's all Melania's fault :lol: 

He doesn't give a fuck, he understands that the simpletons who voted for him don't give a fuck about his taxes, or his spending habits on our debit account.

You know his kid is on record talking about how much the Russians have invested into Trump endeavors, but hey fuck seeing his tax returns :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

A family of 16 and a family of 4 are both going to the same restaurant to have dinner. Which family is going to spend more??  :thumb:

Your point is dull, no surprise there though.

3 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I believe she is moving into the WH once their son's school year is over.. They stay at Trump Tower, the place that receives daily bomb threats..I guess its his fault he won, its not the people calling in the death threats who are the problem..

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

damn, do I need to post that meme again?

point #1 - trump should stay home more often, or go to nearby camp david, like former presidents have done

point #2 - trump should not have ridiculed Obama for golfing and vacationing during his campaign, and then turn around and do more of it himself

point #3 - the repukes who whined and complained about Obama doing a fraction of what trump has done, should be irate and vocal about trump

point #4 - I don't really give a shit, yet. however, if melania decides to stay in NYC, instead of moving to the WH after school is out, then I will.

point #5 - I haven't seen one person complain about the costs associated with protecting the entire family. just the extravagant stuff, like the frequent visits to mar a lago.

56 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Tolerance.

34 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

bill maher said it best last Friday night. i'll try and find the clip.

Ohhh....be careful opening that box.  

32 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Mar a Lago, Bedminster, it's all Melania's fault :lol: 

He doesn't give a fuck, he understands that the simpletons who voted for him don't give a fuck about his taxes, or his spending habits on our debit account.

You know his kid is on record talking about how much the Russians have invested into Trump endeavors, but hey fuck seeing his tax returns :lol: 

Poor Ballsack.  So jealous he cannot be President.  "tax returns" :lol:Buffoon.

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

point #1 - trump should stay home more often, or go to nearby camp david, like former presidents have done

point #2 - trump should not have ridiculed Obama for golfing and vacationing during his campaign, and then turn around and do more of it himself

point #3 - the repukes who whined and complained about Obama doing a fraction of what trump has done, should be irate and vocal about trump

point #4 - I don't really give a shit, yet. however, if melania decides to stay in NYC, instead of moving to the WH after school is out, then I will.

point #5 - I haven't seen one person complain about the costs associated with protecting the entire family. just the extravagant stuff, like the frequent visits to mar a lago.

and the ski trips

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Trump is not getting paid...

15 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

going to be a interesting 8 years, wonder how many of the liberal sheep will stroke out by 2024

I'm hoping half.  Wait, can we request percentages?  Let's say 75% then.  Some have already bred and started indoctrination procedures.