Check your account email address ×

Try that in a big town.

• Platinum Contributing Member

This time of year all over my state almost every small town has one or two sweet corn or produce stands.  These are all on the honor system with a cash drop box with nobody tending the stand.  I'm sure there are some that don't pay but many like me probably give 10-20% extra for the convenience.  Pretty sure its profitable for them as its been going on this way for some time.   Young kids use to tend the stands but not any more.      

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

This time of year all over my state almost every small town has one or two sweet corn or produce stands.  These are all on the honor system with a cash drop box with nobody tending the stand.  I'm sure there are some that don't pay but many like me probably give 10-20% extra for the convenience.  Pretty sure its profitable for them as its been going on this way for some time.   Young kids use to tend the stands but not any more.      

I hit one in Hollis NH every other day on the way home.

• USA Contributing Member

They do the same all over the neighborhood with eggs and vegetables, it make is convenient when I need a tomato to throw at the asshole neighbor's house. 

The guy is from the city and thinks he can just come into our small town and do what he wants.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

They do the same all over the neighborhood with eggs and vegetables, it make is convenient when I need a tomato to throw at the asshole neighbor's house. 

The guy is from the city and thinks he can just come into our small town and do what he wants.  

Sounds like you need one of these…

F5D03FA2-7FA6-4A33-9FFC-3865C19C1B54.jpeg

58 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Backyard target shooting can set some cityfolk straight.

• Like 1

There are full farm stands around here stocked up like the grocery store, our favorite has beef and homemade donuts. All honor system.  

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Bud of mine that has a place in groton vt was telling me about that place.

It’s worth the drive if you’re in the area. The donuts on Saturdays are epic. Beef is top notch. 

Try leaving bay doors open and not have people run through the shop and steal your tools off your box. 

Try putting a ladder up and not paying someone to stand on the ground and guard it. 

Try putting gas in your car or stopping at local convenience store after dark and not get jacked. 

probably 300 thousand worth of vehicles sitting in parking lot with keys in them . No guard, no razor wire fence, no dogs. Try that in big town! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cold War said:

Try leaving bay doors open and not have people run through the shop and steal your tools off your box. 

Try putting a ladder up and not paying someone to stand on the ground and guard it. 

Try putting gas in your car or stopping at local convenience store after dark and not get jacked. 

probably 300 thousand worth of vehicles sitting in parking lot with keys in them . No guard, no razor wire fence, no dogs. Try that in big town! 

Every stop I make around here with the exception of the grocery store my truck key gets thrown in the cup holder 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 11:20 AM, Shifty said:

This one. https://www.chandlerpondfarm.com

My favorite farm stand has donuts. Vegetables too if you’re into that 

IMG_8398.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shifty said:

IMG_8398.jpeg

Let me guess, you couldn't help yourself and had to go get some donuts, lol

• Haha 1

Just now, ckf said:

Let me guess, you couldn't help yourself and had to go get some donuts, lol

It’s a 2 donut ride back to pavement. Slow rolling in the wife’s expedition. With 4 in reserve. :bc:

• Haha 2

I don’t think we bought any vegetables lol. Donuts, apple maple barbecue sauce, and some peaches. The peaches are from Pennsylvania and epic. They seem to be a thing. There were crates and crates of them that were reserved for people.  And traffic was steady. 

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Shifty said:

IMG_8398.jpeg

I know you ride dirtbikes...if you ever ride the NERTA turky run at the Ammonoosuc, 3-4 miles from the fair grounds there is an orchard that makes cider donuts...outstanding.