Check your account email address ×

New registration for MN

mnstang

5 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Does that mean we can pull the numbers off?  I'm assuming not until we renew, right?

Yes I would think not til you renew an get the big sticker 

• Like 1

Got mine - Just big stickers like the FB post above - and yes, if you wanna strip the “old” letters and numbers off, have at it.  I’d say the sticker is about the same size as the old minimum numbers size requirement, so should fit anywhere they did.

1 7/8” was the letter height requirement if I remember correctly - and no, I was off by a full inch then.  I’ll pull the cover off later today for a better comparison.

7A2A4165-5848-4D28-BEC8-DF65AC8A8DCB.jpeg

C34BFE82-7FFF-4ADD-B0AB-39399D190D60.jpeg

That's still a big improvement over needing to display the letters/numbers.  I guess I have one sled that needs to be renewed this summer, so I'll be getting a set of these in the mail.  The DNR still lists 2022-2023 reg's on their web site.

It’s a pretty big sticker on the side of the sled… 

4E9B27AD-1E05-4AA2-ABAB-C2AEBBBCB8C6.jpeg
I’ll probably pull the old off and have to put it over one of the creases there.

Edited by Mag6240

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

It’s a pretty big sticker on the side of the sled… 

4E9B27AD-1E05-4AA2-ABAB-C2AEBBBCB8C6.jpeg
I’ll probably pull the old off and have to put it over one of the creases there.

Looks like I’ll have to make room for two!!

looks close to Wi registration.IMG_0608.thumb.jpeg.b67d3efa50d5101b98b5c95c644dbbd8.jpegIMG_0608.thumb.jpeg.b67d3efa50d5101b98b5c95c644dbbd8.jpeg

Yuck, not happy with the huge size.  I'll have to get creative with it.  I didn't mind registration numbers with the smaller size, I liked making the custom numbers for each sled 

I have been using the older sticker for years without adding the extra lettering.  The issue wasn't even mentioned at stops.

Probably not much different than mounting on the lower half of the cowling.  @Mag6240 , I'm giving you crap about your registration location. ;)

I'm glad the lettering requirement is gone.  It was overkill.  In fact, were the requirements the same used on watercraft?

The new style sure looks a lot like trail passes in other states.  I wonder if they will get together and coordinate colors?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, favoritos said:

The new style sure looks a lot like trail passes in other states.  I wonder if they will get together and coordinate colors?

Funny you mention that, it is almost the same exact size as the Sconnie pass - I joked with my guys about putting it on the front corner of the windshield but was told that’s about the only place you can’t put it.  But why?  I’m sure they are afraid of people swapping but the serial number is not on it, just the same numbers you can now take off.  They’d have to run it to match it to the serial number.  And unless you did something really bad, I think all they want to see is the valid “26” year.

E9577907-983C-442F-9B09-A1FECD8F2FFC.jpeg

Edited by Mag6240