Check your account email address ×

The rain is relentless here in the Northeast

12 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Heard somewhere got 7 inches of rain in 45 mins.

That's crazy.

Don't thing even my house and or shop would stay dry.

We've had some impressive downpours, but they have only lasted for a few minutes. I could see 7" if it poured like that for 45 minutes straight.

22 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It rained heavy for a good hour+ at work this afternoon. 

That's about how long it lasted here. We are already over saturated.

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

The water has been high causing a swift current in the chanel between bays at a friend's marina on. Ossipee lake in NH.  Mark ends up in the drink. It's worth the watch , especially when he's trying to swim against the current to get back to the dock:lol:

I have been through there many times. That current is hauling ass.

48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I have been through there many times. That current is hauling ass.

Yes, much faster than a normal lazy summer day. In all my time there I can only recall one summer where we had a few weeks of rain and the rivers and lakes were overflowing. I think that was around 2007 or 2008. We had to turn people away all summer for the Bearcamp River trips.

Jeff (Angry Ginger) had a camp just down the channel from Mark's marina.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Yes, much faster than a normal lazy summer day. In all my time there I can only recall one summer where we had a few weeks of rain and the rivers and lakes were overflowing. I think that was around 2007 or 2008. We had to turn people away all summer for the Bearcamp River trips.

Jeff (Angry Ginger) had a camp just down the channel from Mark's marina.

The channel never froze in the winter. We would skirt the edge to get to Mt. Whittier from Leavitt Bay.

• Like 2

the hudson river is tidal, and when it's ripping either way no swimmer can overcome it. we have tried . always wondered why so many drown in the river. wicked tide and weeds on the bottom. drag you away and tangle you up

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, ckf said:

It's not really letting up here. Not good. :(

That storm was nuts. I had to break out a pump. The water was collecting at our walk out basement door. Heavy rain for over an hour

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

That storm was nuts. I had to break out a pump. The water was collecting at our walk out basement door. Heavy rain for over an hour

Training thunderstorms were dumping water.

Today is beautiful. Hopefully we catch a break from the rain for a bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Gonna build an Ark pretty soon...

Crazy summer.

At least today has just been a light rain so far. I haven't had any ponding in my driveway yet today.

Yesterday I had a progress meeting about 5 miles West of the office at 2pm.  Radar looked like it would hit about 3pm.

Nope, 2:01 started raining, wrapped up meeting in 10 minutes and headed back to office. Got pounded with heavy rain and nickel-quarter sized hail the whole way as I was traveling same direction as the storm but slower.  5 miles East of the office got hit with tennis ball size hail. Lotta damage.  Did not see any damage to company car so that was a plus.

Picture4.jpg

Edited by ARTIE KATZ
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, ARTIE KATZ said:

Yesterday I had a progress meeting about 5 miles West of the office at 2pm.  Radar looked like it would hit about 3pm.

Nope, 2:01 started raining, wrapped up meeting in 10 minutes and headed back to office. Got pounded with heavy rain and nickel-quarter sized hail the whole way as I was traveling same direction as the storm but slower.  5 miles East of the office got hit with tennis ball size hail. Lotta damage.  Did not see any damage to company car so that was a plus.

Picture4.jpg

Closest it came to us was Leelanau County…we had some heavy rain but that was about it.

On 7/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, Mainecat said:

The heavy stuff has finally stopped.

Friend works for FEMA he’s going to Vermont. Just came back from Alabama. 

you might wanna put yer helmet on and get some floaties because your gonna get hammered in about 10 minutes.    Holy shit , what a line of storms that just went through here . Still going actually

• Like 2