Check your account email address ×

RFK Meeting The Folks

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/24/2023 at 8:50 PM, Steve753 said:

For sure.

I lifted a weight or two when I was younger.

:bc:

Screenshot_20230624_185944.jpg

Yeah...good shape for sure:bc:. Same here, worked out religiously when I was in my 20's and 30's ...and still try too when time permits but the body just doesn't respond like it did when I was younger :lol:(and won't without steroids)....but still better fit than most my age. I see some of the shape the people that I went to high school with and it's pretty scary.... I'm going to try to ward that off as long as possible.

I've gotten into pushups lately,easy to do anywhere and probably one of the best single body weight exercises that you can do with limited time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah...good shape for sure:bc:. Same here, worked out religiously when I was in my 20's and 30's ...and still try too when time permits but the body just doesn't respond like it did when I was younger :lol:(and won't without steroids)....but still better fit than most my age. I see some of the shape the people that I went to high school with and it's pretty scary.... I'm going to try to ward that off as long as possible.

I've gotten into pushups lately,easy to do anywhere and probably one of the best single body weight exercises that you can do with limited time.

I stopped going for bulk size in my early 30s. To much dedication and diet and time. These days it's just push ups , sit ups some treadmill and dumbell curls. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I stopped going for bulk size in my early 30s. To much dedication and diet and time. These days it's just push ups , sit ups some treadmill and dumbell curls. 

I was a gym rat off and on into my early 50s. I just don’t have the motivation anymore, so I just try to stay active as hell and do lots of cardio.  When I was racing, it was the difference between finishing strong or puking in my mouth lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Yeah....almost exclusively dumbbells anymore, benching, curling, etc. Better range of motion and more use of stabilizing muscles IMO.  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I was a gym rat off and on into my early 50s. I just don’t have the motivation anymore, so I just try to stay active as hell and do lots of cardio.  When I was racing, it was the difference between finishing strong or puking in my mouth lol

Staying physically active is key... Like I said when I see some people that I grew up with that I haven't seen in a long time and many of them had pencil pusher careers.. overweight ,hunched over and can't walk....no thanks.

A buddy of mine that we used to run around the woods and go hiking all the time together can barely get into his lifted pickup truck anymore.... Way overweight and gets barely any exercise anymore... He's a ticking time bomb

I'm just looking to remain flexible and have some range of motion

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah....almost exclusively dumbbells anymore, benching, curling, etc. Better range of motion and more use of stabilizing muscles IMO.  

Staying physically active is key... Like I said when I see some people that I grew up with that I haven't seen in a long time and many of them had pencil pusher careers.. overweight ,hunched over and can't walk....no thanks.

A buddy of mine that we used to run around the woods and go hiking all the time together can barely get into his lifted pickup truck anymore.... Way overweight and gets barely any exercise anymore... He's a ticking time bomb

I'm just looking to remain flexible and have some range of motion

Yeah I hear that.  I see some guys and girls I grew up now and then and it’s either, hey they look great or wtf happened to you dude?! Lol.   I put on about 25 lbs when Covid first hit the world, but it started getting too easy to lay around and snack like a pet raccoon.  Dropped the weight and feel a lot better.  

3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You bozos couldn't hold a candle to these 2 legends. :lmao:

• Haha 4

On 6/24/2023 at 5:49 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

:bc:

Poor Deepfaggot.

He is old but that's not that much weight.  Maybe 125lbs.   (45 bar, 2 25 plates and 2 15 plates)    Even for a incline.   Looks to be in excellent shape for his age.  

57 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I hear that.  I see some guys and girls I grew up now and then and it’s either, hey they look great or wtf happened to you dude?! Lol.   I put on about 25 lbs when Covid first hit the world, but it started getting too easy to lay around and snack like a pet raccoon.  Dropped the weight and feel a lot better.  

I lost 29lbs on my last trip. I only ate when I had too.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

He is old but that's not that much weight.  Maybe 125lbs.   (45 bar, 2 25 plates and 2 15 plates)    Even for a incline.   Looks to be in excellent shape for his age.  

For a 70 year old, he's in great shape.  We can only hope.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Free weights are much more difficult than a weight machine. That's like doing 175lbs on a weight machine. Hell I could easily bench the rack on a weight machine when I was younger.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Free weights are much more difficult than a weight machine. That's like doing 175lbs on a weight machine. Hell I could easily bench the rack on a weight machine when I was younger.

Kettlebells. Nuff said. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Kettlebells. Nuff said. 

I used them occasionally for lateral arm raises.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Thanks Arnold...:lmao:

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I got 100$ says that's twice what either Trump or Biden can do.

Depends if its 130lbs of Blg Macs. Trump could lift those!