Check your account email address ×

At least 10 killed in 'mass casualty collision' on highway in Canada

At least 10 people are dead in a "mass casualty collision" that occurred Wednesday on a highway in Canada, Royal Canadian Mounted Police said.

The crash happened on the Trans-Canada Highway between a trailer truck and a transit vehicle near the town of Carberry in southwestern Manitoba, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Multiple hospitals in the region are preparing to receive patients from the incident, Shared Health in Manitoba said.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/police-responding-mass-casualty-collision-highway-canada/story?id=100120145

• Sad 2

my interactions with Canadian commercial drivers here in the states show me there is little to no training involved in obtaining their license, worse drivers I have ever seen, no offence to you canadians but wtf

22 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

my interactions with Canadian commercial drivers here in the states show me there is little to no training involved in obtaining their license, worse drivers I have ever seen, no offence to you canadians but wtf

This is 100% fact and becoming a major issue. There is a FB page dedicated to Cdn truck drivers and their fuck ups.  

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

This is 100% fact and becoming a major issue. There is a FB page dedicated to Cdn truck drivers and their fuck ups.  

New Canadians, don’t want to be a racist 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

My cop buddy from Canada calls them new Canadians. They're all east Indian turban guys who wear sandals he says.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

My cop buddy from Canada calls them new Canadians. They're all east Indian turban guys who wear sandals he says.

We used to see some of that here in the states too. The drivers could barely speak a few words of English.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

we have "driving schools" here in the states and they give just enough seat time to pass their road tests and they are not much better, but 90% of my near misses and close calls have involved Canadian drivers, quality of drivers has taken a shit in the 31 years I have been in a truck, looking forward to hanging it up in a couple more years, getting stupid out there

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

the turban drivers are halfway decent and somewhat courteous out there, at least the ones that come to our facility and the ones I encounter on the interstate

be interesting which vehicle caused the accident, we have had some bus companies cheap out on stuff and it bites them in the ass when shit happens, driver of limo recently got sentanced to hard time here in NY after junk limo crashed with multiple fatalities

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

be interesting which vehicle caused the accident, we have had some bus companies cheap out on stuff and it bites them in the ass when shit happens, driver of limo recently got sentanced to hard time here in NY after junk limo crashed with multiple fatalities

Yup that's the million dollar question , looked to me like drivers corner of transport was damaged so if he was heading east and the bus heading south on 5 I'm guessing transport tboned bus, now although I've been through there I don't recall the exact intersection. Another Humbolts Broncos situation???

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yup that's the million dollar question , looked to me like drivers corner of transport was damaged so if he was heading east and the bus heading south on 5 I'm guessing transport tboned bus, now although I've been through there I don't recall the exact intersection. Another Humbolts Broncos situation???

Just seen bus was crossing eastbound lanes. :dunno:

25 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Just seen bus was crossing eastbound lanes. :dunno:

so bus drivers fault? in a way that is kind of a win for the transport driver, sad there were fatalties, but most accidents involving commercial vehicles they try there best to hang the driver  even though 90% of accidents are caused by the other vehicle 

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

so bus drivers fault? in a way that is kind of a win for the transport driver, sad there were fatalties, but most accidents involving commercial vehicles they try there best to hang the driver  even though 90% of accidents are caused by the other vehicle 

I have no idea. Just saw a quick clip of it online.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Was 25 elderly passengers on the bus so death count may still rise from 15.

So sad to hear 

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

If that limo accident is the same one I remember a few years back, damn, that was a mess.  

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Every time one of our semis has been in a wreck, someone is there to search high and low for any minute thing they can hang us with.

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

from the cops statement, looks like the bus crossed over lanes into truck. maybe another senior driving and had a jammer or stroke or something.

12 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Just because they say they are canadian doesn,t mean they are canadian. The majority of our new import truck drivers are terrible drivers. My best guess is they are being tested by another import canadian, and all they care about is getting another shitty unsafe truck on the road. I,m on the 401 often, and it is a daily occurance to see transport trucks swaying 2 ft. over the right line, and then 2 ft. over the center lane, over the span of a kilometer. Once you finally pass them, the majority of the time it is a new canadian driving. We need way more enforcement by the MTO, but apparently, we cann,t afford it.

19 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

i think the driver died, the owner of the company was convicted