Check your account email address ×

So last night Im sitting on the couch

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just chilling , finished a good meal and just twisted up a bat. 

Dogs start freaking. choc lab / pittie mix will bark when a deer farts in the woods but she was just out of her mind . Black lab was just as crazy , when she barks , it's real

Walk into the kitchen and holy shit. The biggest bear I have ever seen in person id at the steps to my deck getting ready to come on up.

Did the whole " get the fuck out of here bear" and clapping and shit. She took off and as I was watching her go I noticed a yearling was about 20 ft in front of her. 

I'll get one about every other yr here , but never one that big.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Dogs start freaking. choc lab / pittie mix will bark when a deer farts in the woods but she was just out of her mind . Black lab was just as crazy , when she barks , it's real

Walk into the kitchen and holy shit. The biggest bear I have ever seen in person id at the steps to my deck getting ready to come on up.

Did the whole " get the fuck out of here bear" and clapping and shit. She took off and as I was watching her go I noticed a yearling was about 20 ft in front of her. 

There out here too seems they are bigger than ever.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

we have some monsters here in the catskills. getting less afraid and that is the scary part. we came across a mom and cub last week when we were mountain biking. she chased the cub up a tree and stood up with her front paws on the tree . holy shit she was huge. my buddy is like " we'll just sneak by" . i was shitting to be honest

• Haha 1

We see bears on the regular on our road and In the fields. But only once in 20+ yrs have we had one in the yard. 

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

We see bears on the regular on our road and In the fields. But only once in 20+ yrs have we had one in the yard. 

We've had several here in VT. In NH we only had one in the 24 years that we were there. Izzy put one big black bear up the big maple tree in our yard a few years ago. We didn't know that the bear was in the yard when we were taking her out.

• Gold Member

Get them here a lot. We’ve had one this year that has been coming right in the yard and neighbors yard almost weekly. It doesn’t seem to give a shit about humans my neighbor got pictures of the thing like 10ft from their house the other day. I wonder if someone in the area is feeding the thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Get them here a lot. We’ve had one this year that has been coming right in the yard and neighbors yard almost weekly. It doesn’t seem to give a shit about humans my neighbor got pictures of the thing like 10ft from their house the other day. I wonder if someone in the area is feeding the thing.

A friend of mine in NH used to feed the bears. I always told him that he was foolish unless it is to bait them to shoot. He wasn't :nea:

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ckf said:

A friend of mine in NH used to feed the bears. I always told him that he was foolish unless it is to bait them to shoot. He wasn't :nea:

There was an episode on northwoods law with some fool next town over from us that was feeding the bears so I’m sure it happens. I don’t mind seeing them on the cams I got outback in the woods but when they come on the lawn in the yard during the middle of the day nope not cool. This is the one that keeps coming around us my neighbor got it right next to his house few days ago(neighbor pic he sent us)

IMG_3163.png

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Hope not , a fed bear is a dead bear.

• Sad 1