Check your account email address ×

Gander lives another day.

I do not get how these big stores have all the tools they need to grow a business to the size they do and have next to nothing to offer in a on line presence any different from any nickel and dime online kitty litter sales site  .

i went into the new Dick's sporting goods they put in last year last week to peruse and do some shopping, then on the way home stopped by my regular haunt, Gander Mtn.  I was surprised how dated it looked after being in Dicks.  I mean it just looked dark and dingy.  Wow...never noticed it before I guess.  Oh well, still spent more there than I did Dick's. Better prices and it's a local shop.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Stopped in to MC Sports in Petoskey today as they are in the last days before closing for good.....depressing but Imscored some socks and lightweight windbreaker for 70% off.....it was a fairly new store too...shame.

I don't get how any one is sticking cash in to brick and mortar stores un less they are very specific and not a lot of other options like say guns and only guns local hardware u need now and don't care about price stuff

or to bulky to ship like lumber tile plumbing . and even that I order on the phone and have dropped on site. 

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Stopped in to MC Sports in Petoskey today as they are in the last days before closing for good.....depressing but Imscored some socks and lightweight windbreaker for 70% off.....it was a fairly new store too...shame.

I would not be getting into the brick and mortar retail business these days. Amazon is just killing em. It's going to be bad for property tax revenues for alot of places as commercial property taxes have been huge contributors for many towns. But hey, you'll save $4 online!

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I would not be getting into the brick and mortar retail business these days. Amazon is just killing em. It's going to be bad for property tax revenues for alot of places as commercial property taxes have been huge contributors for many towns. But hey, you'll save $4 online!

brick and mortar stores are masters at fucking municipalities out of revenue. not sure if it's going to be a great loss. 

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sarcasm aside, the average consumer can save significantly by buying online vs brick and mortar. One area is auto parts, Rock Auto destroys places like Auto Zone, NAPA and O'Reilly for the exact same parts, significant savings.

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

brick and mortar stores are masters at fucking municipalities out of revenue. not sure if it's going to be a great loss. 

Spoken like a true liberal faggot, it's the other way around.

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nowadays I suppose but many towns still rely on that. 

42 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

only the giants the regular commercial guy gets fucked hard in Hennepin county  any way  . fuck just being zoned that way gets u a extra dosing of dicking using it as commercial or not

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Sarcasm aside, the average consumer can save significantly by buying online vs brick and mortar. One area is auto parts, Rock Auto destroys places like Auto Zone, NAPA and O'Reilly for the exact same parts, significant savings.

Spoken like a true liberal faggot, it's the other way around.

shut up you little shit 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

i went into the new Dick's sporting goods they put in last year last week to peruse and do some shopping, then on the way home stopped by my regular haunt, Gander Mtn.  I was surprised how dated it looked after being in Dicks.  I mean it just looked dark and dingy.  Wow...never noticed it before I guess.  Oh well, still spent more there than I did Dick's. Better prices and it's a local shop.  

I stopped in the new one they built here last week for their bike sale.  It reminded me of Sports Authority with brighter lights.  I didn't buy anything either.  We have a Scheels that is the preferred stop for that stuff.

40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I stopped in the new one they built here last week for their bike sale.  It reminded me of Sports Authority with brighter lights.  I didn't buy anything either.  We have a Scheels that is the preferred stop for that stuff.

they are building there super store in the old sears in Eden prairie center place is going to be huge . that will deff burry the gander around the corner  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

they are building there super store in the old sears in Eden prairie center place is going to be huge . that will deff burry the gander around the corner  

The Dick's by me is 2 floors and probably the nicest retail store I've ever been inside. They have everything. My son is a big boy and I never have any problems finding athletic stuff that fits him there. I hate shopping but love that store.

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I go to dicks a lot my self also 2 story by my house . been to a Cabala super store ? unreal

I used to drive past the Cabela's in Rogars 2x a day for the last few years.  I might have stopped there twice, and never, ever, ever on the weekend or around any opener where you can kill something.  

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I used to drive past the Cabela's in Rogars 2x a day for the last few years.  I might have stopped there twice, and never, ever, ever on the weekend or around any opener where you can kill something.  

that Rodgers store is pretty nice