Check your account email address ×

The Solar nightmare

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You both should start a thread about being fuckin whiney bitches.

You never cease to amaze everyone how fucking stupid you are. Just a miserable bastard at 8am :lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, hayward said:

no, actually people ought to know better.

I’m for what ever private property owners want to do on and with their own land.  Wether it’s farm it, drill for oil, grow houses or solar farms….  There property to do with it as they please.

57 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I’m for what ever private property owners want to do on and with their own land.  Wether it’s farm it, drill for oil, grow houses or solar farms….  There property to do with it as they please.

And you’re also for the subsidization of alternative energy which helps dictate this horseshit-show that’s going on. But you’re not for govt telling people what to do with their own private land.

im for neither.  I’m for society taking their heads out of their asses and waking up. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

You never cease to amaze everyone how fucking stupid you are. Just a miserable bastard at 8am :lol:

That old fart loves his what-about-isms's unless someone does it to him in his own thread. Then he's the whiney bitch

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, hayward said:

And you’re also for the subsidization of alternative energy which helps dictate this horseshit-show that’s going on. But you’re not for govt telling people what to do with their own private land.

im for neither.  I’m for society taking their heads out of their asses and waking up. 

Farming is probably the most subsidized industry in the US!  😂 

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Farming is probably the most subsidized industry in the US!  😂 

Yeah and a lot of that is bullshit too.  
So I guess your argument now is ‘well if we’re gonna subsidize one, we might as well fund the other!’

Right?

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yeah and a lot of that is bullshit too.  
So I guess your argument now is ‘well if we’re gonna subsidize one, we might as well fund the other!’

Right?

Either have subsidies or not is my opinion.  Also private land is private and property owners should be able to do as they please.

also if you are opening federal lands for energy development, oil and gas, then it should be open for other forms of energy production.

if you are going to subsidize business via tax breaks via deductions, credits and direct payments an individual should get the same.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Either have subsidies or not is my opinion.  Also private land is private and property owners should be able to do as they please.

also if you are opening federal lands for energy development, oil and gas, then it should be open for other forms of energy production.

if you are going to subsidize business via tax breaks via deductions, credits and direct payments an individual should get the same.

So if you own property, you should be able to do anything you want on it with no regard? 

• Gold Member
Just now, Rigid1 said:

So if you own property, you should be able to do anything you want on it with no regard? 

If it affects others health… like contaminating rivers, water tables or run off then no.  If it doesn’t then no big deal.  Do as you please.

Just now, BOHICA said:

If it affects others health… like contaminating rivers, water tables or run off then no.  If it doesn’t then no big deal.  Do as you please.

Cool, so your neighbor wants to put on up a late night concert venue for bikers..Good to know you have no issues with being up all night long..

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Cool, so your neighbor wants to put on up a late night concert venue for bikers..Good to know you have no issues with being up all night long..

Those events would need to be permitted.  That is why I am ok with private property owners shutting down sled trails and why I am ok with private property owners having sled trails on their property.  There choice

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, X2700 said:

One of the concerns is water runoff with these large solar farms.

I’m sure it’s a concern for most land use things.  If it can be mitigated then Meh.  If farm land is already farmed and the use changes to such as solar run off won’t be much different then the existing use.

35 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Those events would need to be permitted.  That is why I am ok with private property owners shutting down sled trails and why I am ok with private property owners having sled trails on their property.  There choice

Oh, so land owners shouldn't be allowed to do as they please? Sorry for the confusion because you said the exact opposite an hours ago..I guess what you really meant was they should be allowed to do as they please only if you approve of it..:backpeddle:

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh, so land owners shouldn't be allowed to do as they please? Sorry for the confusion because you said the exact opposite an hours ago..I guess what you really meant was they should be allowed to do as they please only if you approve of it..:backpeddle:

If the governing bodies approve sure.  Do you think oil production on private property in ND bakken shouldn’t be allowed?

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If the governing bodies approve sure.  Do you think oil production on private property in ND bakken shouldn’t be allowed?

The thought never has crossed my mind..

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So now you're wanting government approval, but an hour and a half ago you didn't want government approval as you stated..:backpeddle:

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So now you're wanting government approval, but an hour and a half ago you didn't want government approval as you stated..:backpeddle:

If farmers wants to grow solar panels on their land and it’s permitted why should I care?  It’s private land

Edited by BOHICA

30 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If farmers wants to grow solar panels on their land and it’s permitted why should I care?  It’s private land

So only if it's something you approve of, got it.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So only if it's something you approve of, got it.

I approve of anything the local government approves.  Like I approve of the property owners selling oil and gas leases on there properties in ND and Texas.  If a rancher/farmer wants to grow pump jacks and the local governments approve, I approve.  If a farmer wants to grow solar panels and it’s permitted I approve.  Why wouldn’t I or anybody not approve of those desires of the property owner.

Edited by BOHICA

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I’m sure it’s a concern for most land use things.  If it can be mitigated then Meh.  If farm land is already farmed and the use changes to such as solar run off won’t be much different then the existing use.

I beg to differ...

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

In Mn you are better off doing windmills and farming around them. The lease payments on those stupid fucking things are worth it 

Have you seen the one they are building by the power plant in Becker?

Yuge!

Must be hundreds of acres of prime irrigated farm ground.  

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Have you seen the one they are building by the power plant in Becker?

Yuge!

Must be hundreds of acres of prime irrigated farm ground.  

That's the one I posted the link for 2 posts above... Looks like all Xcel Energy property.

9 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

That's the one I posted the link for 2 posts above... Looks like all Xcel Energy property.

When did Xcel acquire the property?

I FINALLY found a article that lists the acreage.