Check your account email address ×

Anyone here want to admit to owning a Nytro? Good/Bad?

4 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

My 09 was a great trail sled, horrid ditch banger.
I'm 6'2 240 lbs and in pretty good shape, and its a workout for sure.

But on a trail or even on some crossover stuff if it wasn't too deep, great sled.
My 09 was picked, piped and clutched and from a dig it would stand right up in a wheelie.

that engine sings a great song

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

low-ball this outdated sleigh 

Screenshot_20230424-061334.png

I'm told I'm maxed out on how many RXC's I'm allowed to have.  There were 5 in the shop at one point this winter.

9 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

You want an 09 or newer.
And you want an XTX.

The 09's have the updated front geometry.
The XTX is a 144 with a tipped rail and is the best setup/balance for this sled.
The short track is too stubby with all of the front end weight, and the MTX is way too long for a sled like this.

09+ XTX or bust.

He found a nice 09 XTX for $3500.  I told him if he is serious about it, he needs to shit or get off the pot this last weekend.  Guess what sold this weekend while he was hemming and hawing...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm told I'm maxed out on how many RXC's I'm allowed to have.  There were 5 in the shop at one point this winter.

picking up an RXC with a brand new engine and box full of blown up engine on Saturday... we're going to be about equal to Zacks thanks to piss poor QC at the engine plant.  Sigh... 

Going to keep the good jug/piston as spares, sending the crank off to friend in PA so if there's anything you need or want for spares from that mess lmk.  IDK what the case halves look like yet but they might go to J in PA as well.  

my brother would have been $ ahead buying Herf's at this point... but that's sledding 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

The 2015 went down the road with a almost new motor, the old motor in a box, and pretty much everything you'd need to ice race or terrain race/trail ride it.  

jus pm me if you need anything... it won't be going anywhere until Feb at the soonest.  ;)

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

He found a nice 09 XTX for $3500.  I told him if he is serious about it, he needs to shit or get off the pot this last weekend.  Guess what sold this weekend while he was hemming and hawing...

Maybe introduce him to not being gay and get him into a Jag.

On 4/24/2023 at 6:41 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

picking up an RXC with a brand new engine and box full of blown up engine on Saturday... we're going to be about equal to Zacks thanks to piss poor QC at the engine plant.  Sigh... 

Going to keep the good jug/piston as spares, sending the crank off to friend in PA so if there's anything you need or want for spares from that mess lmk.  IDK what the case halves look like yet but they might go to J in PA as well.  

my brother would have been $ ahead buying Herf's at this point... but that's sledding 

They have a catalyst on their floor right now. I am trying to encourage them to get out the 5 gallon bucket and wheelie skis 

On 4/24/2023 at 5:13 PM, racinfarmer said:

Any sled that is decent for 3500 is a good deal right now 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Update:

He got a 01 Edge X 600 with a stud through the cooler and has been HAMMERED on.  

Poor kid...

I hope he didn't pay $3500 for it!!  Get it fixed up, and that's not a horrible sled for an ass dragger.

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I hope he didn't pay $3500 for it!!  Get it fixed up, and that's not a horrible sled for an ass dragger.

$800 with two new pistons and a bunch of bearings in a box.  Needs a skid and the cooler welded up for sure.  

16 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Update:

He got a 01 Edge X 600 with a stud through the cooler and has been HAMMERED on.  

Poor kid...

Buddy of mine is Polaris guy and has had a number of the edges and pro-x's, maybe it's bad luck but they are always breaking and they don't perform like what they should.  He finally wants to ditch all of them and get the newer chassis with no trailing arms I think it's an IQ chassis.  

• 1 month later...

The high mile 2012 Nytro is down to $2100.

I told the guy to offer up $1500 no questions asked and we'll get it tore apart for a Princeton/Haydays parts list.

A few too many beers this afternoon, I might need to offer up like $1200 for it.

• Like 1