Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Not true. I dont know what the numbers would be but I'd love to see how many guns per day ARE NOT used in a crime, compared to those that are.

I carry 365 days a year, none of mine have randomly jumped up and shot any innocent people. 

Maybe you should move to a better area if you're afraid enough that you feel the need to carry all the time.

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Maybe you should move to a better area if you're afraid enough that you feel the need to carry all the time.

Well, for one, not everyone can afford to pack up and move their home and business. 

Second, if you think you can pick a town where crime doesn't happen, you truly have a gift.

Just now, Tommcat said:

Well, for one, not everyone can afford to pack up and move their home and business. 

Second, if you think you can pick a town where crime doesn't happen, you truly have a gift.

Huh, I've traveled to some of the most hostile countries in the world and never felt unsafe or the need to carry. To each his own I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Huh, I've traveled to some of the most hostile countries in the world and never felt unsafe or the need to carry. To each his own I guess. 

Thats a concept i wish more could agree on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Probably, but it always seems like those pesky people are the ones with the guns.

Yeah be nice if we could figure out how to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.  Let us know if you have any ideas on that.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Democrats love trannies more than real woman.

True story.  *looks at Snowrider*

37 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You're kind of contradicting yourself here.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah be nice if we could figure out how to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.  Let us know if you have any ideas on that.

Well you informed me last night they were hostile. I never gave it any thought before!

:bc:

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Pretty hard to do when criminals that lie on their 4473 have no serious consequences to worry about....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Thats a concept i wish more could agree on.

Way to take the high road, Tom :thumbsup:

Taking shots at responsible people who carry, and claiming maybe they should move somewhere safer so they don't need to carry, is  a@SnowRider level of stupidity. And that says a lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Way to take the high road, Tom :thumbsup:

Taking shots at responsible people who carry, and claiming maybe they should move somewhere safer so they don't need to carry, is  a@SnowRider level of stupidity. And that says a lot.

You carry to I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Doug said:

So some say we need more gun control and pistols need to be banned.  This looks like a family competitive sport.

Don't really see why a 10 year old needs to do this. Hunting is a different story. Pistols aren't used for hunting though. To each his own I guess.

Just now, Steve753 said:

Don't really see why a 10 year old needs to do this. Hunting is a different story. Pistols aren't used for hunting though. To each his own I guess.

Why do you feel the need to criticize?  Is target shooting taboo?  Our local high school has joined many other local schools in organizing a Trap Team.  Let me guess, that's just promoting to eventual gun violence?

I look at that picture, and I see a father and daughter doing something together & the kid is probably good at, and enjoys.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Why do you feel the need to criticize?  Is target shooting taboo?  Our local high school has joined many other local schools in organizing a Trap Team.  Let me guess, that's just promoting to eventual gun violence?

I look at that picture, and I see a father and daughter doing something together & the kid is probably good at, and enjoys.

Trap shooting is great training for future hunters!! Most hunters will do that with their kids too. Couple questions for you.

Do you carry daily??When going out at night with the family are you packing?

Do you hunt at all? Birds? Deer?Have you taught your kids how to hunt and proper gun safety?

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Trap shooting is different. That's for hunting. Do they use pistols? No.

4 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

People use pistols all the time to hunt. 

True. But not as common. I never have personally and I've never seen anyone shooting traps with pistols.

Edited by Steve753

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Trap shooting is different. That's for hunting. Do they use pistols? No.

Not true .... at least not entirely true.  I know plenty of guys who shoot trap competitively, and no longer hunt (two of them have never hunted).  Their guns are worth more than some of our sleds.

As far as to topic of carrying goes, or where and how often ... why does it matter?  Am I menace if I do?  Am I a pussy if I don't?  

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Not true .... at least not entirely true.  I know plenty of guys who shoot trap competitively, and no longer hunt (two of them have never hunted).  Their guns are worth more than some of our sleds.

As far as to topic of carrying goes, or where and how often ... why does it matter?  Am I menace if I do?  Am I a pussy if I don't?  

Trap shooting is to simulate shooting birds. Whether you hunt them or not.

I honestly couldn't care less if you carry. You must feel threatened or scared if you feel the need to protect yourself out in public. If that's the case all the power to you.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I honestly couldn't care less if you carry. You must feel threatened or scared if you feel the need to protect yourself out in public. If that's the case all the power to you.

LOL ... okay there Dr. Phil :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

True. But not as common. I never have personally and I've never seen anyone shooting traps with pistols.

Are you trying to equate hunting and self defense?  Somehow, firearms are okay for hunting, but not for self defense?  Is that what you're saying?

ALL kids should learn gun safety from a certified firearms instructor IN SCHOOL.  No exceptions.  That's how you end deaths from accidental discharge, not by locking up guns.  

Anyone against concealed carry anywhere for any reason is ignorant of the dangers around them.  This lack of awareness is okay, because the odds of getting killed, even in the most dangerous areas of the world, are still relatively small.  Carrying at all times is always justified for personal safety, even if you don't understand why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Are you trying to equate hunting and self defense?  Somehow, firearms are okay for hunting, but not for self defense?  Is that what you're saying?

ALL kids should learn gun safety from a certified firearms instructor IN SCHOOL.  No exceptions.  That's how you end deaths from accidental discharge, not by locking up guns.  

Anyone against concealed carry anywhere for any reason is ignorant of the dangers around them.  This lack of awareness is okay, because the odds of getting killed, even in the most dangerous areas of the world, are still relatively small.  Carrying at all times is always justified for personal safety, even if you don't understand why.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

You can be scared. I'm not.

Edited by Steve753

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Feeling has nothing to do with it.  Self protection is not only a right in the US, I would contend that it's also an obligation.  Self protection and self determination are cornerstones in the founding of this country.

Trap shooting is a competitive sport in 2023.  While some may use it as training, no one participates for solely that reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Bontz said:

But you're scared of people who carry ... that's clear.

Not at all. If I was, I'd carry. See how that works?