Check your account email address ×

Florida lawmakers hand DeSantis political win on guns

• Platinum Contributing Member

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The Republican-controlled Florida Legislature on Thursday voted to let gun owners in the nation’s third most populous state carry guns without a state permit, delivering on a campaign promise by Gov. Ron DeSantis as he ramps up his expected run for president.

DeSantis, who was promoting his new book at a Georgia sporting goods store that bills itself as the world’s largest gun store, vowed to act quickly on the legislation.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

CC permits should be deemed unconstitutional everywhere. It’s just a fucking money grab. 

In some states even worse. Mass is a may issue state. When I lived there I took a handgun safety class. When it ended cop who taught it said " If any of you live in Westford , be prepared to file a lawsuit, because whn you apply , it will be denied"

54 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

In some states even worse. Mass is a may issue state. When I lived there I took a handgun safety class. When it ended cop who taught it said " If any of you live in Westford , be prepared to file a lawsuit, because whn you apply , it will be denied"

NY has a shit load of hoops to jump through to get cc, i think open carry would remove all doubt about fuck around and find out:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

The so-called party of law and order defies law enforcement’s opposition to these reckless laws.  Repugs love their guns more than kids.  

Is there anything youve ever been right on one single time in your life aside from Racer being the dumbest fuck here???

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

The so-called party of law and order defies law enforcement’s opposition to these reckless laws.  Repugs love their guns more than kids.  

Nh, Maine and VT all have constitutional carry....

Areas where more citizens carry guns there is less crime. Snowdummy would never recognize this fact but it’s true. Don’t care about the children…what a joke.