Check your account email address ×

A day at the museums (picture heavy)

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Awesome pics!!! 9th grade my buddy on his uncles SRX440 and me on my BIL's 81 JD440 Liquifire,,,good fucking times!!!!

One of my riding buddies in HS, his dad worked for JD - they got a new 440 Liquifire every single year of HS - that thing was FAST!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

One of my riding buddies in HS, his dad worked for JD - they got a new 440 Liquifire every single year of HS - that thing was FAST!

My BIL got his when his Dad bought a piece of JD heavy equipment and it was a bonus with the sale :lol:

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Are you sure you took enough pics? :lmao:

At one point I laughed and told my brother I felt like Raymond in Rain Man :lmao:

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Did you get a chance to ask them why they won’t put Lanny Benoit in the hall of fame? Besides him not being from the Midwest

No, why would I ?

The extremely nice ladies at both places don't make those decisions.  That's done by their board of directors... one would assume.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

Wife and I stopped in Eagle River for a hour or so on our way up north.  Very cool place to those of you that haven't been there.  

Next time hit St Germain ... Both are top notch ;)

46 minutes ago, hayward said:

i'm glad he did, i'll likely never be able to make it out there to see it. :bc:

Very cool!

Horse puckey, get that heap up and running and come on out some time.  

44 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

the JD's we're almost always the fastest in the twisty shit... back in the day.

Flashback... 

https://snowgoer.com/snowmobiles/snow-goers-1982-shoot-out/2496/

So... hard to pick a favorite.

Brother and I both agreed, for us the winner was the Red SRX's on display.  They shouldn't even exist any longer and were just stunning.  

We also talked at length with the gentleman working on the special sled appearing this weekend.  He was a Kawasaki race mechanic back in the time of the Sharks.  If you know what those are/were... of course I asked him the question everyone asks about them.  

;)

IMG_20230206_130831008.jpg

IMG_20230206_130839392.jpg

IMG_20230206_130845625.jpg

IMG_20230206_130859358.jpg

IMG_20230206_130954949.jpg

IMG_20230206_131000941.jpg

• Like 1

The Warning family has a very impressive collection of sleds and actually rotate sleds in and out of the HOF in St Germain.  Sold them some parts a couple years ago and was invited to their old warehouse where they had some of the sleds.  Here's some pics 

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

The Warning family has a very impressive collection of sleds and actually rotate sleds in and out of the HOF in St Germain.  Sold them some parts a couple years ago and was invited to their old warehouse where they had some of the sleds.  Here's some pics 

IMG_0473.JPG

more eye candy... 

the Villeneuve Skiroule is certainly a special piece.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Today for my brothers birthday we took a day off riding, jumped in the truck and headed up to Eagle River and St Germain WI to tour the World Snowmobile HQ museum and the Snowmobile Hall of Fame.

https://www.worldsnowmobilehq.com/

https://www.snowmobilehalloffame.com/

The Snowmobile Hall of Fame was technically closed today but Jamie was kind enough to allow us to come after contacting her.  We were also allowed special access to the upstairs and saw a snowmobile being prepared for the weekend that very few eyes have ever seen.  

If you are ever in the area I can't recommend enough going to both during their normal operating hours any time of the year.  It was a special day for both of us and I went crazy with the phone snapping pictures. 

Enjoy, and make the journey.  ;)

Thanks for sharing............ beer_cheers.gif.6ad1d37446c37af739c71ff0df8850f6.gif

• Like 1