Check your account email address ×

Chinese surveillance balloon spotted over Montana.

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sure, we're all occasionally duped by some embellished news article, happens to snowrider daily.  Lets get back to why this was never a national news issue until now.  Then we can ask why we allow Chinese nationals to buy American farm land and other vital industry.  I lay those issues at the feet of Congress, both parties.

Let them buy what they want. Eminent domain (ex compensation).

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You have a large number of Chinese spies already in the US.  Even Chinese police in US and Canada.

But yah.

No Chinese military six miles off our coast. Thanks for confirming with  deflection.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Let them buy what they want. Eminent domain (ex compensation).

No Chinese military six miles off our coast. Thanks for confirming with  deflection.

Bullshit.  Thats not even an intelligent response.

And yeah, you made your point about the 6 mile thing several times now.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bullshit.  Thats not even an intelligent response.

And yeah, you made your point about the 6 mile thing several times now.

Right, so we could prohibit China from buying but not actually seize the land if found out it was being used against the state. Because the government never seizes assets that have been used for criminal or illegal purposes. Because we don’t currently have billions of Russia’s assets frozen. 

I’m sure we’d never freeze Chinese assets. Really unintelligent.

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Right, so we could prohibit China from buying but not actually seize the land if found out it was being used against the state. Because the government never seizes assets that have been used for criminal or illegal purposes. Because we don’t currently have billions of Russia’s assets frozen. 

I’m sure we’d never freeze Chinese assets. Really unintelligent.

Right, so we allow something that China would never allow, and allowing purchases of vast sums of land in proximity to our military assets, and that has no potential downside and is an acceptable risk.  I appreciate your theoretical view of the world but sometimes its just a bad idea.

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Right, so we allow something that China would never allow, and allowing purchases of vast sums of land in proximity to our military assets, and that has no potential downside and is an acceptable risk.  I appreciate your theoretical view of the world but sometimes its just a bad idea.

I’m glad the idea of seizing assets moved from ‘not even intelligent’ to ‘theoretical.’

I have no issues prohibiting land being purchased near military sites, nor do I have any issues with the seizure of land owned by any foreign entity if deemed a threat to the state.