Check your account email address ×

Rock Auto

19 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Guess my Escalade is worse then. Over 200k on it and Ive Never got 70k out of rotors ...Not even the rears :dunno:

The pads are almost gone at 70k, but the rotors are pristine. Absolutely no rust and minimal wear. Compared to the Bosch,  I don’t think the motorcraft rotors are very good. Made in China. :) 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

imc still out there? i bought from world pack when it was called world wide trading. free shipping, i think world pack wasn't. you lean toward imports so they are good for you. imc is on the east coast , used to be real good. 

iMC, I'm not sure, most of my WP orders ship out of warehouses in NJ and DC, but I do get some parts shipped from mid west and a Texas warehouse they have. I think my order placed today is coming out of 3 different warehouses, all freight free next day air. All's we do are Euro imports, we will do the occasional Exotic JDM but it has to be something rare..99.9% of the cars are Euro..

IMG_20230207_093522331_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230207_095353936_HDR.jpg

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

iMC, I'm not sure, most of my WP orders ship out of warehouses in NJ and DC, but I do get some parts shipped from mid west and a Texas warehouse they have. I think my order placed today is coming out of 3 different warehouses, all freight free next day air. All's we do are Euro imports, we will do the occasional Exotic JDM but it has to be something rare..99.9% of the cars are Euro..

https://imcparts.net/productLines/index.shtml

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thanks man, looks like they carry a lot of lines we sell, Luk, Mann, Mahle, Xengst, Akebono, Brembo. I'll have to pass it along to my boss:bc:

i worked as parts manager at a vw dealer for 18 years. audi as well, and in the early days porsche. worldwide volkswagen was in orangeburg ny. independent distributor for vw , audi , porsche. we used to drive down daily and pick up parts. sometimes in a vw pickup. they were later squashed by vwoa. i remember as a kid the vw boat going up the hudson river. i autocrossed for a few years . first gen jetta lowered, gti drivetrain ,adjustable tokicos, stress bars, sway bars, cam, header , throttle body .fat exhaust . did real good with that car , and my daily driver . fun on the roads. later did well with a second gen rx7. had a couple first gen also

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Why do you just make shit up, 70k on a single set of fucking rotors on a vehicle that is supposedly hard on brakes, what do a vehicle that's not hard on brakes will get 109k plus miles out of a set of rotors?? You actually expect anyone to believe this..And on your second false hood, made in China..

Screenshot_20230207-200528.png

Other than a very small amount of very high end rotors, all brake rotors are made in China. Some are cast in China and shipped to various places around the world for machining. Thus, they receive “made in some place other than China” on the label. Casting of brake rotors in the USA is over. 

34 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Other than a very small amount of very high end rotors, all brake rotors are made in China. Some are cast in China and shipped to various places around the world for machining. Thus, they receive “made in some place other than China” on the label. Casting of brake rotors in the USA is over. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Copied and pasted word for word from Google university..:lol:

Go back to the Chinese balloon thread where you are the jet fighter expert Maverick..

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Was checking out our rotors in our parts room,..Hmmm, no made in China here..:news:

IMG_20230208_071612457_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230208_071640710_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230208_072035514_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Was checking out our rotors in our parts room,..Hmmm, no made in China here..:news:

I tried Zimmerman one piece front rotors on my BMW. They warped within 5000 miles. Went back to the top hat style OEM and didn’t have any issues. Walmart sells Zimmerman. :) 

The vast majority if not all Brembo rotors are cast in China and machined elsewhere. It’s been this way for years. 

I searched the country for a steering wheel airbag clock spring for my 22 F150, and the truck sat at a body shop for three f**king months.  Forgot about Rock Auto, but we eventually found one in a scrap yard in Georgia.  They're installing it today, thank goodness! 

If the big wheels at Ford can't make enough of critical parts that go into every vehicle, then I'm not surprised that some snowmobile buyers still haven't gotten their spring checked sled.  The supply shortages are absolutely crazy, don't make sense.

Checked aftermarket on my clock spring, and several places listed it (Advance Auto and NAPA, for example), but nobody actually had one.  The way Rock Auto works, I don't think they list parts they don't have, right?

Edited by p51mstg

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I searched the country for a steering wheel airbag clock spring for my 22 F150, and the truck sat at a body shop for three f**king months.  Forgot about Rock Auto, but we eventually found one in a scrap yard in Georgia.  They're installing it today, thank goodness! 

If the big wheels at Ford can't make enough of critical parts that go into every vehicle, then I'm not surprised that some snowmobile buyers still haven't gotten their spring checked sled.  The supply shortages are absolutely crazy, don't make sense.

Checked aftermarket on my clock spring, and several places listed it (Advance Auto and NAPA, for example), but nobody actually had one.  The way Rock Auto works, I don't think they list parts they don't have, right?

Completely normal deal now these days. Makes for really happy customers when insurance only pays 30day rental but takes 4 months to get parts 🤦‍♂️. I have multiple cars going with back order crap right now some weeks some months some we don’t even get a eta. ram city master quarter end of March, Benz c300 adaptive cruise module no eta, rav4 tailgate weeks?, Sienna hybrid bunch of things weeks?, It’s pretty normal now to wait weeks or months for parts now. I’ve never been so busy and had so many cars piled up waiting for shit it’s insane.

7 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I know it’s not some of the expensive stuff you’re working on but I run hawk rotors and pads on my fox and the s197 I recently bought has hawk pads on it. No complaints with them and I believe they’re made in america.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Completely normal deal now these days. Makes for really happy customers when insurance only pays 30day rental but takes 4 months to get parts 🤦‍♂️. I have multiple cars going with back order crap right now some weeks some months some we don’t even get a eta. ram city master quarter end of March, Benz c300 adaptive cruise module no eta, rav4 tailgate weeks?, Sienna hybrid bunch of things weeks?, It’s pretty normal now to wait weeks or months for parts now. I’ve never been so busy and had so many cars piled up waiting for shit it’s insane.

I know it’s not some of the expensive stuff you’re working on but I run hawk rotors and pads on my fox and the s197 I recently bought has hawk pads on it. No complaints with them and I believe they’re made in america.

Hawk makes great brakes, our shops M5 track car has Hawk all the way around. They make a great brake set up

• Like 2

Holy fuck!

Check engine light came on in the Expy this morning ran a scan and it’s the Vapor Canister Purge valve so I shopped it local and on Rock Auto. Did a Dorman and Motorcraft price check.

Rock Auto

Motocraft $106.00, Dorman $62.00

Advanced Auto Chain

Motocraft $252.00 Dorman $120.00

Local private owned auto parts

Dorman $101.00

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Holy fuck!

Check engine light came on in the Expy this morning ran a scan and it’s the Vapor Canister Purge valve so I shopped it local and on Rock Auto. Did a Dorman and Motorcraft price check.

Rock Auto

Advanced Auto Chain

Dorman $101.00

Buy the motorcraft from rock auto. 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Holy fuck!

Rock Auto

Advanced Auto Chain

Dorman $101.00

Rock auto charges some shipping costs, but it ain’t bad. They are the cheapest and quickest at shipping that I’ve found. I’ve been able to take care of all returns online. Very convenient. 

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Just got a discount code in my email, it says anyone can use it. 5%

Put it in the "how did you hear about us" box.

Good till March 17th.

How did you hear about us. 

On a snowmobile site made up of misfits where we call each other miserable fucking cunts 

• Haha 1