Check your account email address ×

House Republicans voted to gut the House Ethics Committee, and George Santos said it was 'fantastic'

House Republicans voted to gut the House Ethics Committee, and George Santos said it was 'fantastic'

Bryan Metzger Jan 9, 2023, 7:14 PM 

Republican Rep. George Santos of New York in the House chamber on January 4, 2023. Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call via Getty Images 

- House Republicans voted on Monday to hobble the Office of Congressional Ethics. 

- The body will now likely be limited in its ability to carry out investigations due to staffing shortages. 

- George Santos, facing multiple investigations and ethics complaints, called the changes "fantastic."

The House of Representatives on Monday passed a new set of rules to govern the chamber that will severely weaken the ability of the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) to investigate members of Congress for potential wrongdoing. 

"I think it's fantastic," Republican Rep. George Santos of New York said of the rules package, which passed by a 220-213 margin, in a brief interview with Insider at the Capitol on Monday. 

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who needs ethics right?

who needs Ethics!??!! Clearly those that have been on this committee dont understand what they were suppose to be doing. its time for real oversight on everyone elected, not just one party.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who needs ethics right?

I need ethics like I need to marry my sister.

I need ethics to sleep with a spy.

I need ethics to have a spy as a secretary for close to 10 years.

I need ethics to say I have irrefutable proof Trump stole the election.

I need ethics to sell plutonium production to the Chicoms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who needs ethics right?

They got you all worried about ethics without even knowing what the actual changes are.  Start educating yourself instead of blindly believing liberal bullshit.

• Haha 1

He's upset that 3 dems on the panel will have to leave due to the original charter of the panel... 8 year term per member.

Also complaining they won't have enough time to hire investigators..... where have they been the past 2 years? Now all of a sudden it's an issue?

Talk about making a big deal out of nothing... :lol:

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

He's upset that 3 dems on the panel will have to leave due to the original charter of the panel... 8 year term per member.

Also complaining they won't have enough time to hire investigators..... where have they been the past 2 years? Now all of a sudden it's an issue?

Talk about making a big deal out of nothing... :lol:

It's all to deflect and make it seem like republicans are the bad guys, when this is actually just enforcing the actual rules.

So no one in America should have ethics?

eth·ics
/ˈeTHiks/

noun
  1. 1. 
    moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.
    "medical ethics also enter into the question"
Edited by Mainecat
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Snake said:

I need ethics like I need to marry my sister.

I need ethics to sleep with a spy.

I need ethics to have a spy as a secretary for close to 10 years.

I need ethics to say I have irrefutable proof Trump stole the election.

I need ethics to sell plutonium production to the Chicoms.

:owned: 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

eth·ics
/ˈeTHiks/

noun
  1. 1. 
    moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.

Many democrats and Republicans don't have any.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

eth·ics
/ˈeTHiks/

noun
  1. 1. 

C1B4866A-F370-44F0-BDFD-878D73F4B51A.jpeg

D873EADF-6796-48B3-AD3E-5E0E19A855F4.png

DC589540-24FA-428D-ABAA-FEF8D1E035FB.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Bryan Metzger Jan 9, 2023, 7:14 PM 

Republican Rep. George Santos of New York in the House chamber on January 4, 2023. Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call via Getty Images 

- House Republicans voted on Monday to hobble the Office of Congressional Ethics. 

- The body will now likely be limited in its ability to carry out investigations due to staffing shortages. 

- George Santos, facing multiple investigations and ethics complaints, called the changes "fantastic."

The House of Representatives on Monday passed a new set of rules to govern the chamber that will severely weaken the ability of the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) to investigate members of Congress for potential wrongdoing. 

"I think it's fantastic," Republican Rep. George Santos of New York said of the rules package, which passed by a 220-213 margin, in a brief interview with Insider at the Capitol on Monday. 

Suddenly you’re concerned about ethics? :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

eth·ics
/ˈeTHiks/

noun
  1. 1. 

bClinton was impeached and lost his license to practice law and paid an $850,000 fine to Paula Jones

Jones sued Clinton for allegedly exposing himself to her in a hotel room in 1991. The Jones suit, which went all the way to the Supreme Court, was ultimately dismissed by a judge on the grounds Jones could not show damages. While it was on appeal, Bill Clinton paid $850,000 to settle the suit without admitting liability.

That lawsuit spun out into a much larger story — and is ultimately why many of the other alleged Clinton sexual misdeeds came to light as other women were deposed, as was President Clinton himself.

All sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton 

Eileen Wellstone 

Juanita Broadwick 

Carolyn Moffet

Elizabeth Ward'

Sally Perdue

Paula Jones 

Sandra AllenJames 

Christy Zercher

Kathleen Willey.

Anonymous female student at Yale University (1972)

Anonymous female student at the University of Arkansas (1974)

Anonymous female lawyer (1977)