Check your account email address ×

1 revolution

• Gold Member

Impressive!!!   1 revolution of this produces Enough to fill 1 tesla up halfway.

According to the Chongqing-based company, the H260-18MW will be able to generate 44.8 kilowatt-hours of electricity per revolution at full power. A single wind turbine will be able to produce more than 74 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy per year – the equivalent of the annual electricity consumption of 40,000 households.

https://electrek.co/2023/01/07/18-mw-wind-turbine-china/

I think we all want cheap energy but we are not to the point where EV's make common sense for the average person and EV's you got to admit that they are hard on the environment to produce and disposed of. I will you give you BOHICA we are getting much closer to the finish line.    

• Gold Member
Just now, Badger** said:

I think we all want cheap energy but we are not to the point where EV's make common sense for the average person and EV's you got to admit that they are hard on the environment to produce and disposed of. I will you give you BOHICA we are getting much closer to the finish line.    

EV’s definetly have some negative enviromental consequences but in acknowledging that EV’s over the life of the vehicle are less hard on the enviroment than gas or diesel vehicles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

EV’s definetly have some negative enviromental consequences but in acknowledging that EV’s over the life of the vehicle are less hard on the enviroment than gas or diesel vehicles.

I told you that I got a chance to drive a Tesla, it was a pretty cool EV but living in a cold environment and pulling trailers from time to time its not for me. I wouldn't buy an aluminum body Ford F150 either. :whistle:

Edited by Badger**

OOPS:

MoneyWise

The energy crisis may force drivers in the 'best country in the world' to 'think twice' about electric vehicles — here are 3 big plays to gas up your portfolio

Jing Pan
Sun, January 8, 2023 at 5:00 AM CST

The energy crisis may force drivers in the 'best country in the world' to 'think twice' about electric vehicles — here are 3 big plays to gas up your portfolio

Electric vehicles have become popular over the past few years. But EVs could take a significant hit based on what’s happening in Switzerland.

According to a report in the Telegraph in December, the country is weighing emergency measures in case of an electricity supply shortage this winter.

Switzerland — the best country in the world according to a recent analysis from US News & World Report — could shorten store operating hours, lower the thermostats at buildings, and limit the private use of electric cars to “absolutely necessary journeys.”

But just the suggestion of curbing EV use fired up the country’s auto lobby. Director of the auto-schweiz importers group, Andreas Burgener, called it “a disservice to electromobility.”

“Customers who buy or order a vehicle now will think twice about whether they should go back to petrol or diesel,” Burgener said in an interview with Reuters.

The proposed measures haven’t been passed into law, they do serve as a reminder that electricity doesn’t magically appear at every wall outlet — and EVs don't run on fairy dust.

And this potential setback for electric vehicles serves as a reminder that traditional energy is not dead. The Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLE) — which provides exposure to oil and gas companies — has actually gone up 44% in the last year.

Moreover, Wall Street sees further upside in quite a few companies engaged in hydrocarbon exploration. Here’s a look at three of them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, ACE said:

I’d buy an electric vehicle if they weren’t so awful 

You bought a new Mach Z and they're awful. Why stop now?

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

One revolution should be enough to kill 48 million birds in a single swing......  The bird loving greenies will have a field day with this giant bird killing machine...

Nope, they’ll defend it