Check your account email address ×

Too fast?

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I enjoy solo riding... makes for a better risk/reward ratio and better decision making process.  I'm not one of those types that needs others to have a good time or feel safe.  Just who I am and always have been.  

I like to ride solo as well.  Usually are some of the funnest rides to be honest.  If it weren't for long stretches in N MN without much in between, and lacking cell service I'd probably do that more often.  Group of three is just right for those trips.  I have plenty of options when it comes to guys who want to ride with me.

Lately it seems for club trips I get tasked with leading 6-8-10 riders and like yesterday 14 of us.  Takes a good group of riders AND a good leader who knows where he's going to throw down 140 miles in 6 hours with two stops and a gas fill.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why?  what's the point?  maybe you should both put each other on ignore and save us all the pointless squabbling that no one wins.  :news:

I enjoy solo riding... makes for a better risk/reward ratio and better decision making process.  I'm not one of those types that needs others to have a good time or feel safe.  Just who I am and always have been.  

:thumbsup::bc:

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

No I am not ye olde pickle licker. :thumb: 

More gay shit.  Pathetic.

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

The argument was he could run a four-stroke through twisty Woods faster than Two Strokes sled, then he posted a picture of a super hwy trail.:lol: I have seen pictures of your New England trails and they look amazing.  Evil there is no way Tommy can run a 4's in a twisted trail and pass your IQ600. No way!! 

You suck at reading comprehension.  Go find it if that is the case.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Yup it's crazy. Just one lie after another with him trying to fit in around here. Most guys in the CE just ignore his posts entirely now it's :lol:

It's non-stop, seriously pathetic.

40 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Try not to ride solo if you can. :pc:

Just because you are incompetent and need constant help, don't expect others are the same.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

More gay shit.  Pathetic.

You suck at reading comprehension.  Go find it if that is the case.

It's non-stop, seriously pathetic.

Just because you are incompetent and need constant help, don't expect others are the same.

black and white life GIF

14 hours ago, HSR said:

No speed limits on lakes here and in 35 years of sledding never heard of anyone getting a speeding ticket!! 

No faggy lights either :lol:

no speed limits at all where i ride, definitely exhaust tickets though

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

I like to ride solo as well.  Usually are some of the funnest rides to be honest.  If it weren't for long stretches in N MN without much in between, and lacking cell service I'd probably do that more often.  Group of three is just right for those trips.  I have plenty of options when it comes to guys who want to ride with me.

Lately it seems for club trips I get tasked with leading 6-8-10 riders and like yesterday 14 of us.  Takes a good group of riders AND a good leader who knows where he's going to throw down 140 miles in 6 hours with two stops and a gas fill.

Same here I really like riding alone . Stop when you want, go where you want , ride whatever pace you want,  etc. 

I always get shit from the Guys I ride with and my Dad for not calling 'em everytime I go , but sometimes Id rather just be alone. :dunno:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Same here I really like riding alone . Stop when you want, go where you want , ride whatever pace you want,  etc. 

I always get shit from the Guys I ride with and my Dad for not calling 'em everytime I go , but sometimes Id rather just be alone. :dunno:

Same, I love going for a mid week midday ride solo and punch out a quick 60 miles or so while the trails are empty. Stop and enjoy the peace and quiet when and where you feel like it. It's awesome.

56 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

no speed limits at all where i ride, definitely exhaust tickets though

Even that isn't an issue up here, we have kids running around town with what I assume are MBRP race cans. There's a kid on an F6 that sounds like he's going 100mph on the trail running behind my house but he's going slow enough for me to get 2 pics on my trail cam:lol:

13 minutes ago, HSR said:

Even that isn't an issue up here, we have kids running around town with what I assume are MBRP race cans. There's a kid on an F6 that sounds like he's going 100mph on the trail running behind my house but he's going slow enough for me to get 2 pics on my trail cam:lol:

unfortunately, we have a NO modified exhaust law. so it's a visual inspection and if anything isnt stock, here's your ticket.

you could put on a muffler that was actually quieter than stock, and it's still "modified" and a ticket

Just now, Tommcat said:

unfortunately, we have a NO modified exhaust law. so it's a visual inspection and if anything isnt stock, here's your ticket.

you could put on a muffler that was actually quieter than stock, and it's still "modified" and a ticket

Yeah that sucks,it's actually the same laws here in Ontario but I've only heard of it being enforced down in southern Ont. It will happen here soon too but luckily our trails don't cross any private property so for now it remains the wild west. The cops only hit the trails on big "ride" days like poker derby's and only look for trail permits and paperwork and drinking.

I used to ride some trails solo.  It is fun, I like going fast and not stopping at all.  But I almost never do any real rides alone.  Mainly concerned about having a mechanical issue and being very far away from anything or anyone.  If I go out alone I try to stay within a 10 mile radius and am fairly prepared.

It just seems like asking for trouble and not necessary to go out alone.  If nobody is around I can amuse myself off trail all day long and have just as much fun.  I'll do a longer loop from home sometimes but there are people around I can call if something were to happen, and cell service.

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'll do a longer loop from home sometimes but there are people around I can call if something were to happen, and cell service.

I can easily pull off a 60 mile loop where I always have cell service and always have the wife ready for a call :bc:

13 minutes ago, HSR said:

I can easily pull off a 60 mile loop where I always have cell service and always have the wife ready for a call :bc:

It's not as bad then but you could still potentially have a very long walk just to reach a road sometimes.  The median snowmobiler probably can't even walk more than a mile or two in snow and geared up before being fatigued 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

I do that for lunch here all the time.  Tend to rip more ditches when I am alone and being in the metro a car is always nearby.

11 hours ago, HSR said:

Same, I love going for a mid week midday ride solo and punch out a quick 60 miles or so while the trails are empty. Stop and enjoy the peace and quiet when and where you feel like it. It's awesome.

I like to go right from work which is on a trail and knock out a good 60-70 miles as a workout or way to relieve stress.  I'm lucky I guess.

11 hours ago, Tommcat said:

there's another separate thread for that (and ride lights/hand signals) and you can fight it in court if you really want to.  

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

I used to ride some trails solo.  It is fun, I like going fast and not stopping at all.  But I almost never do any real rides alone.  Mainly concerned about having a mechanical issue and being very far away from anything or anyone.  If I go out alone I try to stay within a 10 mile radius and am fairly prepared.

It just seems like asking for trouble and not necessary to go out alone.  If nobody is around I can amuse myself off trail all day long and have just as much fun.  I'll do a longer loop from home sometimes but there are people around I can call if something were to happen, and cell service.

237 miles was my personal best solo day the winter of 19/20 all within 50 miles or less from home.  I'm lucky to have tons of friends that would come get me in a pinch.

One thing that has changed is that I turn on my Life360 so my wife knows where to find the corpse to collect on the life insurance.  :lolz:

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

It's not as bad then but you could still potentially have a very long walk just to reach a road sometimes.  The median snowmobiler probably can't even walk more than a mile or two in snow and geared up before being fatigued 

this :thumbsup: otb 

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I do that for lunch here all the time.  Tend to rip more ditches when I am alone and being in the metro a car is always nearby.

last winter I did so many test runs during my lunch while dialing in my clutching they gave me my own remote for the garage door in back of the shop.  :roflcrying: