Check your account email address ×

Let’s see your lights!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wife and I are still working on Christmas things around here. She just got home from 6 weeks in Florida last week and she’s way behind in decorating. I’ve been adding a bit at a time for a month. Was sick for 2 weeks.

Family is coming for Christmas this Sunday so the push is on for the next 24 hours.

F61362FC-E10C-4DD8-A62E-EA1E59DE816D.jpeg

82F5F0F1-1689-408E-8ECD-FE48BE0A0578.jpeg

FDB95AD9-BEED-4988-9194-05EEEACE7060.jpeg

171595CA-7BEA-4AAC-A5E7-CAF4C345F178.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It takes a fair bit of time but I still enjoy it. The lights along the eaves just stay up all year at this point. They were just too time consuming and I'm not good on a ladder. The animals take the most time now as the lights are constantly dying. Getting hard to find room to store. The small animals go in the attic but the large ones now go in the sled shed.

I only do the outside stuff. The wife does inside. She changes all the wall pictures to Christmas themed pictures, the area rugs all get changed out to Christmas, all the knick knacks on tables and shelves all go to Christmas. Upstairs and downstairs trees, etc. She normally starts the first week of November and she will leave it up until second week of January.

B56B24FC-FB1A-4480-B401-00F4928DF7AE.jpeg

E4490050-04B8-4702-874D-3D51466ECC2A.jpeg

14164937-1E45-4EBD-8B70-DC87CF8D2FC6.jpeg

CF7D19FC-C850-47BB-9BD6-A270E81AE294.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It takes a fair bit of time but I still enjoy it. The lights along the eaves just stay up all year at this point. They were just too time consuming and I'm not good on a ladder. The animals take the most time now as the lights are constantly dying. Getting hard to find room to store. The small animals go in the attic but the large ones now go in the sled shed.

I only do the outside stuff. The wife does inside. She changes all the wall pictures to Christmas themed pictures, the area rugs all get changed out to Christmas, all the knick knacks on tables and shelves all go to Christmas. Upstairs and downstairs trees, etc. She normally starts the first week of November and she will leave it up until second week of January.

B56B24FC-FB1A-4480-B401-00F4928DF7AE.jpeg

E4490050-04B8-4702-874D-3D51466ECC2A.jpeg

14164937-1E45-4EBD-8B70-DC87CF8D2FC6.jpeg

CF7D19FC-C850-47BB-9BD6-A270E81AE294.jpeg

Beautiful.

The figurines with the cotton snow and little trees on the counter remind me of my Grandparents house years ago. They would do all that,  it was fun as a kid seeing the setups each year. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Beautiful.

The figurines with the cotton snow and little trees on the counter remind me of my Grandparents house years ago. They would do all that,  it was fun as a kid seeing the setups each year. :thumbsup:

Ya, I think everyone's mom or grandma had a miniature village years ago. My mom did when I was a kid and at 86 she still sets up every year.

I have a customer who removes all the furniture from one room and fills it with a village including a train set that runs from one end to the other. Pretty cool but tough not for kids to touch...lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Beautiful.

Yep I've sill got my mom's Christmas village set up in my basement stored away. She used to put it up every year. Before that was my grandparents   :thumb:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Beautiful.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, I think everyone's mom or grandma had a miniature village years ago. My mom did when I was a kid and at 86 she still sets up every year.

I have a customer who removes all the furniture from one room and fills it with a village including a train set that runs from one end to the other. Pretty cool but tough not for kids to touch...lol

Wife had a collection of Dickens Village we used to set up every year but we havent done so in years....was hoping some of those peices would appreciate in value but very few have.

This is my yearly spruce I light up...prolly 35 to 40 feet tall. Gets lots of comps from the locals

20221217_174108.jpg

• Like 4