Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

36 minutes ago, Snake said:

Charge $3k.

Statement balance $3k.

Pay off $3k, incur $3k more.

Statement balance $3k.

If you lower your available borrowing power, by borrowing, your credit score goes down.

You will get an atta boy for making a payment... a small + not equal to the - your balance makes.

Ain't scared of this shit, just knowledgeable.

The entire credit score system is garbage.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, Snake said:

Charge $3k.

Statement balance $3k.

Pay off $3k, incur $3k more.

Statement balance $3k.

If you lower your available borrowing power, by borrowing, your credit score goes down.

You will get an atta boy for making a payment... a small + not equal to the - your balance makes.

Ain't scared of this shit, just knowledgeable.

That's why it's good to have several credit cards...lowers your debt borrowing ratio......:poke:

• Haha 2

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I get his point.  You should as well.

He is correct.

If he's saying not to carry a balance, I'll agree.

But that's not what he's saying. What he's saying is he would rather not have the hassle. Most older people are like that when they don't understand something. My father was the same way. 

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

But that's not what he's saying. What he's saying is he would rather not have the hassle. Most older people are like that when they don't understand something. My father was the same way. 

In the end we are really talking about chump change.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

In the end we are really talking about chump change.  

Sure. Still better than getting nothing using a debit card or cash.

Still though, I've probably gotten over $10000 back since I've started using my newest card. 

Edited by Steve753

17 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Older... :lol:

24 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Sure. Still better than getting nothing using a debit card or cash.

Still though, I've probably gotten over $10000 back since I've started using my newest card. 

I get it, but I also get those who want zero credit.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

More of that quality argument you were pining for earlier? :lol:

I'd hardly call it an argument.  Merely a discussion.

Fact is you're so simple minded.  If I were to idolize your orange God, you'd likely agree with me on most things.

:bc:

Just now, Steve753 said:

I'd hardly call it an argument.  Merely a discussion.

Fact is you're so simple minded.  If I were to idolize your orange God, you'd likely agree with me on most things.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

More of that quality argument you were pining for earlier? :lol:

41 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You think I don't understand Cc rewards? I've taken CC in my business for 25 years. For the last 7-8 years we discouraged it by charging the customer 3%. The customer foolishly thinks the rewards come from the banks when it really comes from the retailer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

You think I don't understand Cc rewards? I've taken CC in my business for 25 years. For the last 7-8 years we discouraged it by charging the customer 3%. The customer foolishly thinks the rewards come from the banks when it really comes from the retailer. 

Yes I had a retailer try to charge me $1000 extra for using a CC on an enclosed trailer one time. I said you can take that $1000 off or I'm not buying it. 

I was even picking it up direct at the factory for him instead of him bringing it up from Indiana.  

Needless to say he sold me the trailer less the $1000.

This last summer I was pushing $15-20k a month through a credit card for two van builds. Paid it off before every billing cycle. Credit score through Equifax and TransUnion never dropped below 820. I swear that some people here make shit up just to have something to post. :lol:  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This last summer I was pushing $15-20k a month through a credit card for two van builds. Paid it off before every billing cycle. Credit score through Equifax and TransUnion never dropped below 820. I swear that some people here make shit up just to have something to post. :lol:  

Looks at spinner...

43 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well it is Snake doing most of it after all.

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Yes I had a retailer try to charge me $1000 extra for using a CC on an enclosed trailer one time. I said you can take that $1000 off or I'm not buying it. 

I was even picking it up direct at the factory for him instead of him bringing it up from Indiana.  

Needless to say he sold me the trailer less the $1000.

Well we aren't selling a simple commodity. There is product and service....if you want us to do the work these are the terms.. almost 98% of the time stroke a check and 2% pay the extra 3% (dummies)

6 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Well we aren't selling a simple commodity. There is product and service....if you want us to do the work these are the terms.. almost 98% of the time stroke a check and 2% pay the extra 3% (dummies)

See now that's when I'm willing to pull out the cash for a better price.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Steve753 said:

This isn't Chin-ah. No one's forcing you to participate. 

Just hilarous . You get suckered into the dumbest threads and just post after post annoy everyone and never shut up .:lol: You were the kid at the playground nobody wanted to chill with .  Bigtime Male Karen :lol:

Your life must really suck, all day on FS lmao..... I fixed a bunch of shit today, fixed my buddys tractor, did the brakes on my old Pontiac, changed the Oil on the Wife's Civic, And now just got home on the Harley after cruising around visiting a few friends .:bc: :lol:

E31DB01D-AB29-4F82-BC48-0B7F2D436BD2.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The only good debt is asset backed.  It's rather laughable those here who think getting cash back equates to that.

Keep doing what you're doing.:bc:

Nobody said that, but you can't read.  The real point on the points is that taking free money is a better idea than not.  Obviously you aren't smart enough to get that.

5 hours ago, Snake said:

I'm simply saying it will affect a credit score. The rest is position assignment.

Stop that.

If someone is concerned about their score, it would be a bad idea to say this is a good idea.

A high revolving balance does change your credit score.  Mine is at 831 because of it....but I spend between $15-30k/month on my credit card so my balance is rather larger regardless of when it is pulled.  Paid off every month though.  I've not paid interest on a CC since college.

• Like 1