Check your account email address ×

Household debt soars at fastest pace in 15 years as credit card use surges, Fed report says

29 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Nobody said that, but you can't read.  The real point on the points is that taking free money is a better idea than not.  Obviously you aren't smart enough to get that.

A high revolving balance does change your credit score.  Mine is at 831 because of it....but I spend between $15-30k/month on my credit card so my balance is rather larger regardless of when it is pulled.  Paid off every month though.  I've not paid interest on a CC since college.

That about the same here and always paid.  

You're not getting rich off points.  We get a 2% discount from our main supplier for paying in 10 days by check.  

Edited by ArcticCrusher

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This last summer I was pushing $15-20k a month through a credit card for two van builds. Paid it off before every billing cycle. Credit score through Equifax and TransUnion never dropped below 820. I swear that some people here make shit up just to have something to post. :lol:  

Nice score...the highest I seen mine was 823.....but dipped briefly under 800 when I took out a low apr loan against 2 cards for 30k to buy the camp which I flipped.  Too much debt ratio but I am nearly back to 810 since paying off those temporary loans.

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Just hilarous . You get suckered into the dumbest threads and just post after post annoy everyone and never shut up .:lol: You were the kid at the playground nobody wanted to chill with .  Bigtime Male Karen :lol:

Your life must really suck, all day on FS lmao..... I fixed a bunch of shit today, fixed my buddys tractor, did the brakes on my old Pontiac, changed the Oil on the Wife's Civic, And now just got home on the Harley after cruising around visiting a few friends .:bc: :lol:

E31DB01D-AB29-4F82-BC48-0B7F2D436BD2.jpeg

Wow....a Sam Adams this time:bc:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Between 15-30k per month on your personal card...what are you a rapper?

When you use it for everything, it adds up in a hurry! :lol:

On 11/24/2022 at 6:37 PM, Deephaven said:

A high revolving balance does change your credit score.  Mine is at 831 because of it....but I spend between $15-30k/month on my credit card so my balance is rather larger regardless of when it is pulled.  Paid off every month though.  I've not paid interest on a CC since college.

All I was trying to say... whether you pay it or not, there is a balance that gets reported.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Yep, and it does knock off about 10-20 points but that is it.

What you see and what a lender sees would surprise you. Many times your rating is higher than a credit report says.

Who cares what your credit score is if you can actually afford the things you buy. An 820 credit score doesn't mean your a high net worth individual or that you have .10cents to your name. It's only am indication of how well you handle revolving debt. 

I still contend its simply best not to play the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Who cares what your credit score is if you can actually afford the things you buy. An 820 credit score doesn't mean your a high net worth individual or that you have .10cents to your name. It's only am indication of how well you handle revolving debt. 

I still contend its simply best not to play the game.

Whatever works best for you.

I used my CC 7 times yesterday.

:bc:

36 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Whatever works best for you.

I used my CC 7 times yesterday.

:bc:

Yeah....to each their own. I personally like the offers I recieve wirh a great credit score.  It comes in handy.

Still amazed at 30k in monthly incidental expenses by Deephaven...360k annually..:lol:....Damn we have some ballers in here....must be making a cool mil or so per year...:bowdown:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Used my debit card equally as much....and I didn't have a short term loan 🙃 

No  benefits though. 

Sorry.

28 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You care.  It was your commentary that brought up revolving credit ruins your score. Only reason it was discussed.  Had to debunk that as a concern.

As for playing the game, you are just not very intelligently.

No I didn't bring it up....look elsewhere. 

I play my game very well...I don't finance anything, especially depreciating assets. Who needs a credit score for a better car loan if you don't borrow the money...

Continue to think you're winning by getting your points. My life wouldn't change one way or another...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

No I didn't bring it up....look elsewhere. 

I play my game very well...I don't finance anything, especially depreciating assets. Who needs a credit score for a better car loan if you don't borrow the money...

Continue to think you're winning by getting your points. My life wouldn't change one way or another...

Brings back a Slinger quote... one of the few that were relevant....

"Tripping over a dollar to pick up a dime."

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Brings back a Slinger quote... one of the few that were relevant....

"Tripping over a dollar to pick up a dime."

No one's tripping. It's ok if you're afraid.