Check your account email address ×

Cheney: Putin made 'a very serious effort' to interfere in US election

Unka Dick knows, and you know he's serious when he says "in some quarters that would be considered and act of war"

Video at the link.

Cheney: Putin made 'a very serious effort' to interfere in US election

By Eli Watkins, CNN

Updated 6:22 PM ET, Mon March 27, 2017

Washington (CNN)

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said in a speech Monday that Russia's alleged involvement in the election could be considered "an act of war."

"There was a very serious effort made by (Russian President Vladimir) Putin and his government, his organization, to interfere in major ways with our basic, fundamental democratic processes," Cheney said at the Economic Times Global Business Summit in New Delhi, India. "In some quarters that would be considered an act of war."

Cheney, who made clear that he didn't "speak for anybody else" before offering his assessment of threats posed by Putin, said to expect Russia to continue these kind of efforts "going forward" and accused the Russian President of trying to influence past elections in Baltic countries; he added. however, that Russia had not undermined the legitimacy of President Donald Trump's electoral victory.

"I would not underestimate the weight that we, as Americans, assign to the Russian attempts to interfere with our internal political processes," Cheney said.

Unlike former President George W. Bush, whom he served as vice president, Cheney said he supported Trump, and was happy to do so.

The US intelligence community has publicly accused Russia of being behind several hacks and information dumps, including against the Democratic National Committee and John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman. Russia has denied the charge, which is central to investigations in the US House and Senate as well as the Trump administration.

Cheney also warned of Russian military aggression and the potential destabilization Putin could bring.

"He is doing everything he can to find ways to undermine NATO," Cheney said.

The former vice president fondly recalled the initial post-Cold War period and said times had changed for the worse in some ways.

At the beginning of the Bush administration, the US had a closer relationship with Russia, but the relationship deteriorated significantly by the end of Bush and Cheney's time, following the war in Iraq, the growth of NATO since the fall of the Soviet Union and Russia's aggression in Eastern Europe.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/politics/dick-cheney-russia/index.html

HAHAHA!! Really guys? You're going with Dick on this? LOL...

No one seems to grasp, the old guard republicans don't like trump any more than you whiny ass libruls... They have just as much to lose and will fight tooth and nail every step of the way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

OMFG!   Now they are posting what Cheney says as word of god. :lol:  

OMFG! you're ignoring it :lol:

not to mention, it's obvious.

but, but, but Hillary and uranium one

:lol:

Edited by Snoslinger

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Anyone over 50 years old knows the Russians are our enemy. The young morons think oh aren't they nice Putins so right. Kinda sad

jesus try living in the past a bit more.  Your irrational obsession with russians and jaapnese isn't healthy for a man of your advanced age.  

• Like 1

HOLEEE FUCK!  It's already been posted but DAMN!  Cheney is now the new Liberal Messiah (well, next to Allah).

The man whose amazing paranoia and manipulation skills led us after the WMD's in IRAQ and STILL BELIEVES they are there was the most hated man by the liberals especially, Now "The Russians" slips out of his mouth and BOOOOOM!!!!!  Best buds.  You're all so fucking stupid.  And Vince, I'm adding your name to the "worst hack" poll.  I think you've earned it.

Ok...just so I'm clear.  Now the Russians are our sworn enemy for doing things they've been doing for decades because "they cost us the vote" (laughable).  And the Muslims are now our BEST FRIENDS for doing what they've been doing for decades because "we need their votes"...GOT IT...  I think.  Beats me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

jesus try living in the past a bit more.  Your irrational obsession with russians and jaapnese isn't healthy for a man of your advanced age.  

Tell that to the families of the 58,000 US servicemen and women that gave their lives, and the 21,000 permanently disabled fighting the commie China and Russian supported NV.

China and Russia will never be our friends. Go ahead be complacent cause you think all is OK ....better learn Russian or Chinese.

Living in the past? LMFAO....tell that the the people of Crimea

FUCK THEM

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

HOLEEE FUCK!  It's already been posted but DAMN!  Cheney is now the new Liberal Messiah (well, next to Allah).

The man whose amazing paranoia and manipulation skills led us after the WMD's in IRAQ and STILL BELIEVES they are there was the most hated man by the liberals especially, Now "The Russians" slips out of his mouth and BOOOOOM!!!!!  Best buds.  You're all so fucking stupid.  And Vince, I'm adding your name to the "worst hack" poll.  I think you've earned it.

Ok...just so I'm clear.  Now the Russians are our sworn enemy for doing things they've been doing for decades because "they cost us the vote" (laughable).  And the Muslims are now our BEST FRIENDS for doing what they've been doing for decades because "we need their votes"...GOT IT...  I think.  Beats me.

your a fool

Just now, Mainecat said:

Tell that to the families of the 58,000 US servicemen and women that gave their lives, and the 21,000 permanently disabled fighting the commie China and Russian supported NV.

China and Russia will never be our friends. Go ahead be complacent cause you think all is OK ....better learn Russian or Chinese.

Living in the past? LMFAO....tell that the the people of Crimea

FUCK THEM

How can we tell something to dead people.  Only dems can do that around voting time. :lol:

My old man spent three tours in VN...seeing amazing movie like shit.  And he holds ZERO ill-will.  So...seeing as how you've never "laced up", what's your fucking problem?

And clearly, you don't know what happened in Crimea. You're an idiot.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Prove it.

I can wait.......

Oh, and me posting "mean things that hurt your feelings and prove you wrong", isn't proof.

If they was your intent I feel for someone like you....really you need to grow up.

39 minutes ago, JEFF said:

So MC. In your words please tell us why Russia wasn't a problem when Obama was in charge? I'll wait.

Because Obama didn't/doesn't personally do business with them, he released all his tax records in a transparent and open fashion and he didn't collude with them to try and win an election.  It's pretty simple

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If they was your intent I feel for someone like you....really you need to grow up.

Keep "feeling". :lol:

How's this working out for you?  You feeling like you are making everyone as miserable as you are?  Or do you think you bring levity to the board?  I know, I know...liberals should be taken seriously as they are the chosen "intellectually elite" with the truly righteous ways and pathway to the perfect world.

I just made myself giggle just a bit................

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Keep "feeling". :lol:

How's this working out for you?  You feeling like you are making everyone as miserable as you are?  Or do you think you bring levity to the board?  I know, I know...liberals should be taken seriously as they are the chosen "intellectually elite" with the truly righteous ways and pathway to the perfect world.

I just made myself giggle just a bit................

The Liar thinks of himself as the wise owl of FS ,, the reality is he's a parrot spouting the latest DUh underground talking points :lol:

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

The Liar thinks of himself as the wise owl of FS ,, the reality is he's a parrot spouting the latest DUh underground talking points :lol:

Yeah...that's really all he is.  In fact, that's really all most Liberals are....talking points from their "news" shows from the night before.  Nothing intellectual at all.  And I think I've tried to pull it out of most here...just nothing there.  So, just easier to play their little idiotic games.  Which I find bizarre that they just plain suck at playing. AND THIS IS THE INTERNET!!!!  it's no wonder they are quiet as church mice in public.