Check your account email address ×

ya' know what this world is lacking?

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

lost art. todays tri coats have some nice colors but not that old school flake . boats the same . my brother had a dune buggy that was big green metal flake

what we need is more things made from fiberglass and paint to hide imperfections from the mold. 

there's not many cars or trucks made currently with a good flake coat because the metal stampings have gotten so good... but I miss it.

what's hilarious, building a new car or truck from any manufacturer and seeing the $395+ for color options. 

we've returned to Henry Ford mentality of any color as long as it's white or there's a surcharge.

we demand more FLAKE

:lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

lost art. todays tri coats have some nice colors but not that old school flake . boats the same . my brother had a dune buggy that was big green metal flake

A lot of The new ski boats are back to the flake 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what we need is more things made from fiberglass and paint to hide imperfections from the mold. 

there's not many cars or trucks made currently with a good flake coat because the metal stampings have gotten so good... but I miss it.

what's hilarious, building a new car or truck from any manufacturer and seeing the $395+ for color options. 

we've returned to Henry Ford mentality of any color as long as it's white or there's a surcharge.

we demand more FLAKE

Usually the surcharge is on 3 stage colors 🤷‍♂️ gotta pay extra for that mid coat 

should we bring back lace paint jobs too nothing like a low rider with lace and flake lol

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we demand more FLAKE

And then when you trade it in white takes the biggest $ hit and some of the others like gold take the next biggest $ hit 

I had to pay like 280 for what ever they call the green color on the wife's outback 

bass boats did too. the body guy we have is old school and shot a lot of flakes and custom colors. local body shop sent the son to ppg customizing training , turns out he is a natural. he is killing it, gas tanks, mailboxes, cars trucks, etc. he did a camaro that looks black, till you drive it under a street light or the right sun angle. flames pop out that chameleon and the whole car is flake city.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

A lot of The new ski boats are back to the flake 

thank goodness, for $100k+ they should come with genies in a bottle.  

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Usually the surcharge is on 3 stage colors 🤷‍♂️ gotta pay extra for that mid coat 

should we bring back lace paint jobs too nothing like a low rider with lace and flake lol

lace, hand laid pinstripes... fuck it, let's get nuts and bring back wide whites and hood ornaments.

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

And then when you trade it in white takes the biggest $ hit and some of the others like gold take the next biggest $ hit 

I had to pay like 280 for what ever they call the green color on the wife's outback 

was that before or after they checked your credit score and shoved an anal thermometer up your bung hole?

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

bass boats did too. the body guy we have is old school and shot a lot of flakes and custom colors. local body shop sent the son to ppg customizing training , turns out he is a natural. he is killing it, gas tanks, mailboxes, cars trucks, etc. he did a camaro that looks black, till you drive it under a street light or the right sun angle. flames pop out that chameleon and the whole car is flake city.

good for him, we've lost so much talent of this nature and artistic eye it's almost sickening.  

which version matte grey would you like sir? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

No it is fucked .

I was recently out looking at a lot of new cars Toyota subaru and VW all had a upcharge for just regular colors like red and brown 

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How about houses that looked different?  Now we have what looks like huge trailer parks everywhere.  Same house all on top of one another in little rows. 

I wonder how often people in those type developments walk into the wrong house lol. Fucking all same style and color 5ft from each other…pass

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I wonder how often people in those type developments walk into the wrong house lol. Fucking all same style and color 5ft from each other…pass

For sure.  Daughter just moved out of one.  They thought it would be great. Once it all filled in it was like being in a fish bowl.  Same house over and over. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we demand more FLAKE

Plenty of flake....just look in some of the threads around here.

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

You are so fucking stupid. Just a old washed up boomer spouting nonsense at all times :lol:

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Metalflake

10 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

good friend lived in Santa Clarita CA in a subdivision of identical homes, Hyundai and Scion both shot commercials there back in the mid 2000's because it was so bland looking.    

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we demand more FLAKE

we have a lot of colors that are extra. like 800.00 extra for green.

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

thank goodness, for $100k+ they should come with genies in a bottle.  

lace, hand laid pinstripes... fuck it, let's get nuts and bring back wide whites and hood ornaments.

was that before or after they checked your credit score and shoved an anal thermometer up your bung hole?

good for him, we've lost so much talent of this nature and artistic eye it's almost sickening.  

which version matte grey would you like sir? 

i hate those matte colors. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I like some when used as a contrast like Flat black hoods on muscle cars.  Not the entire car.  

yes, that has been a standard. but i see the primer grays, sand tan, even some powder blues that just don't do it for me