Check your account email address ×

Americans Spent More on Taxes in 2021 Than on Food, Clothing and Health Care Combined

Highmark

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s not up for debate who the covid lockdowns impacted the most. It’s was low income service sector jobs. Literally millions of people who worked at restaurants , bars , coffee shops etc etc. Out of worK overnight. 

So why don't they go work for UPS?  You said there is a huge hole in the workforce, so why don't these low income service sector workers go fill it?

Edited by racer254

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So why don't they go work for UPS?  You said there is a huge hole in the workforce, so why don't these low income service sector workers go fill it?

You are an insufferable fucking moron. I tried to be nice but you’re too god damned stupid to have even the simplest conversation with. I literally hate the idea of there being a god because that would mean he allowed someone like you to exist and that it wasn’t some cosmic accident. Please please please fucking kill your self you absolutely brain dead cocksucker. 

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You are an insufferable fucking moron. I tried to be nice but you’re too god damned stupid to have even the simplest conversation with. I literally hate the idea of there being a god because that would mean he allowed someone like you to exist and that it wasn’t some cosmic accident. Please please please fucking kill your self you absolutely brain dead cocksucker. 

You are now pissed because I just owned your ass on how an income tax moratorium would effect those without a job.  Every time someone shoves your face in your own shit, you get pissed and go off the deep end.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

You are now pissed because I just owned your ass on how an income tax moratorium would effect those without a job.  Every time someone shoves your face in your own shit, you get pissed and go off the deep end.

You owned nothing , you made zero sense. You babble complete fucking bullshit. You are the dumbest person on the Internet. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

You cruise around looking like a fucking vagabond? Shit I spend $300 on my workboots and buy 2 pair a yr.

Yeah, I'm at about $600 in foot wear alone in the past 4-5 months

skewed #'s

millions of Americans sold stocks at all time highs in 2021 with insane gains 

smart $ paid minimal taxes on gains if one knows the difference between short term and long term gains.  🤔

I paid long term gains in my personal account (not ira or lti) due to liquidation before 2022 and the stock market blitzkrieg.  :)

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

skewed #'s

millions of Americans sold stocks at all time highs in 2021 with insane gains 

smart $ paid minimal taxes on gains if one knows the difference between short term and long term gains.  🤔

I paid long term gains in my personal account (not ira or lti) due to liquidation before 2022 and the stock market blitzkrieg.  :)

Good point. Between “20-“21 I liquidated quite a bit.

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good point. Between “20-“21 I liquidated quite a bit.

we're small fish in a big pond... as one example

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/13/elon-musk-sells-another-1point2-billion-of-tesla-stock.html

his capital gains... minimal but still a shitload of $

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/29/investing/elon-musk-tesla-stock-sales/index.html

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Remember, 87,000 more IRS agents are not going to be working to get $$$ only from the rich.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fixed it... 

what's your concern if you are doing things legitimately?

That we need to be simplifying the tax code, shrinking government and getting our national debt down to sustainable levels?  That’s my concern.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That we need to be simplifying the tax code, shrinking government and getting our national debt down to sustainable levels?  That’s my concern.

I agree but you and I both know that will never happen. 

Our debt to GDP (as I pointed out on page one of this thread) should be alarming to all Americans... ALARMING!

Nope, we're all worked up over the price of gas, abortions, guns and the usual political leanings.  But this is how both the Democrats and Republicans distract the electorate from seeing how shitty of a job they've done, are doing and will continue to do until we hold their greasy hands to the fire.  

How many times in the past two decades have these USELESS fucks had hearing upon hearing about raising the debt ceiling?  How many hearings have they held about reducing our debt and getting some fiscal responsibility?  

Both sides... it's not just Democrats that are dropping the ball and kicking the can down the road.