Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I heard another pretty solid rumor on the one that was on the Dyno. It had less than an hour on it and was making a half-full hp more each dyno pull. 

That dealer also has 60 leftover Ski doos to sell

we thrive on rumors here... and Dyno sheets!!! 

• Haha 1

Interesting, they're still using the original design catalyst ski loops on some of the MY 2025 demos.  I wonder if they might still use them, it's a little thing but I liked them better than the procross era loops.  Yes I know they were originally breaking and that's why they went away from them.  But interesting they're on new demo sleds now.

Screenshot_20240315-170336.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Interesting, they're still using the original design catalyst ski loops on some of the MY 2025 demos.  I wonder if they might still use them, it's a little thing but I liked them better than the procross era loops.  Yes I know they were originally breaking and that's why they went away from them.  But interesting they're on new demo sleds now.

2 things coming back (no idea). Loops and the carbon fiber TCL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Probably an R&D catalyst from last year that they bolted an 858 in for this year

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

4 inches is 4 inches.

On a sled, on snow, it means nothing. Trust Ben and the crew over a non racing farmer. 

22 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

On a sled, on snow, it means nothing. Trust Ben and the crew over a non racing farmer. 

Spoken like the clueless moron you are.
If that was true, the manufactures wouldn't build different length sleds.

But reality is that there is a big difference in the handling from a 129, to 137, and again to 141.  You would be able to tell, if you didn't ride like old people fuck

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

A 137 will flat out handle and ride different then a 128/129 sled in the snow and on the ice.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, krom said:

Spoken like the clueless moron you are.
If that was true, the manufactures wouldn't build different length sleds.

But reality is that there is a big difference in the handling from a 129, to 137, and again to 141.  You would be able to tell, if you didn't ride like old people fuck

At least I fuck! You just babble. There is literally no difference. I have had both. Cat chose the 137 because the racers preferred it. I know it is a tough pill, but? 

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

At least I fuck! You just babble. There is literally no difference. I have had both. Cat chose the 137 because the racers preferred it. I know it is a tough pill, but? 

If Brian Dick still had his hand in the race sled, think it would be a 137 or a 129?

• Like 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

If Brian Dick still had his hand in the race sled, think it would be a 137 or a 129?

So Brian Dick? Does he have a call in this? Does Zach? Dave? You are so delusional, it hurts. No wonder you never race. Just a number on your sled to make you think you have value?

29 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The fact you can't tell the difference really shows your true skill and knowledge of sleds and racing. Any chance there's geometry changes and arm length/mounting differences between the 2? You might be able to bullshit your buddies at the bar with your name dropping but you really are in a whole different game than the guys you're talking to here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

The fact you can't tell the difference really shows your true skill and knowledge of sleds and racing. Any chance there's geometry changes and arm length/mounting differences between the 2? You might be able to bullshit your buddies at the bar with your name dropping but you really are in a whole different game than the guys you're talking to here

Coming from a guy, (maybe a gal), you have zero clue. Fun to fuck with idiots!

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So Brian Dick? Does he have a call in this? Does Zach? Dave? You are so delusional, it hurts. No wonder you never race. Just a number on your sled to make you think you have value?

The 2020 RXC was a 137" with the updated front end, less then 60 were made and only 1 raced twice in 2020 in Sport or Sport Improved, so I'll ask you this:

Why did the 21, 22, and 23 RXC's stay with a 129" and the older front end?

There was a 2020 engineering prototype raced in 2019 on the bumps. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The 2020 RXC was a 137" with the updated front end, less then 60 were made and only 1 raced twice in 2020 in Sport or Sport Improved, so I'll ask you this:

Different chassis dipshit! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

No, it isn't.  The front sub-frame and the front panel part numbers are the same on the 2019 and 2020 RXC.

Catalyst to Pro Cross. They can fiddle with the mapping after being certified, as long as it is as good or better than what is approved. 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Catalyst to Pro Cross. They can fiddle with the mapping after being certified, as long as it is as good or better than what is approved. 

Any map changes have to be certified before they can be put into any vehicle

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I believe the official word is the racers preferred it for ice racing.  However, Cat didn't offer a consumer 129 in those years and cat's claim was the 137 does everything better and the 129 is not needed.. so it's entirely possible they were told to say it's for ice racing because that is not what customers do at all.  If racers said it also works better on snow then people would complain and say "see that's why we want a 129".  And Cat didn't want to produce extra models 

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I believe the official word is the racers preferred it for ice racing.  However, Cat didn't offer a consumer 129 in those years and cat's claim was the 137 does everything better and the 129 is not needed.. so it's entirely possible they were told to say it's for ice racing because that is not what customers do at all.  If racers said it also works better on snow then people would complain and say "see that's why we want a 129".  And Cat didn't want to produce extra models 

Um? WTF? I own a 129. Have a 137. Had the exact sled in a 129 and zero benefits. 

4 minutes ago, krom said:

Any map changes have to be certified before they can be put into any vehicle

Are you 10000000% sure? They update mapping every year. That is factual!