Check your account email address ×

Vrbo. Ever done it???

I've used VRBO many times, I suppose it could be ignorant for the neighbors in a tight neighborhood if some jagoff rents the place and is loud and obnoxious.

FTR, it's not California it's the residents City of San Diego who are complaining to the city council

The opposition for that type of rental is becoming a big deal up here too. Legislation is getting pretty tough.  And you can expect to pay through the nose in taxes and fines if they catch you doing it.  It's a big touristy area and they want ALL the vacationers money.  Bloodsuckers.

I get the problem with this, and agree with the family's that busted their ass to buy a nice home. You get these investors to buy 10 homes in popular areas and book them like hotels. They could care less who they are booking to,it's just a overpriced hotel room in the end. I think the short term laws have been in effect in Chicago for a few years? You rent for less than 30 days,it requires a butt load of permits and zoning ?

I have rented many homes from them only 1 bad experience.

I rent a few of those places over and over and most people I re rent from have dropped VRBO because of cost.

1 is up by zams  a old farm on like 80 no neighbors sort of close to trail down a dirt road . seeing as there is no neighbor in site I cant imagine the city would ever find out 

Renting a house or condo works out so much better for us. Having a kitchen and laundry is almost mandatory if you're traveling with your family.

Staying in a hotel room is ok if it's only a couple days imo.

11 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I get the problem with this, and agree with the family's that busted their ass to buy a nice home. You get these investors to buy 10 homes in popular areas and book them like hotels. They could care less who they are booking to,it's just a overpriced hotel room in the end. I think the short term laws have been in effect in Chicago for a few years? You rent for less than 30 days,it requires a butt load of permits and zoning ?

There are a lot of cottage rentals around that use sites similar.  I used to rent out my cottage after I bought it, but no longer do.  For the most part everything goes quite well so long as you don't have bad neighbors.  Some of the townships have bylaws preventing shortterm rentals however they are not enforced.  One business owner (furniture maker) we went to go see was complaining up and down about her neighbor doing the short term weekly rentals and was constantly complaining about them.  Didn't seem to care that her tools saws, etc were likely bothering the temporary tenants.  In the end she got what was coming to her, so its all good now.:lol: