Check your account email address ×

Brexit voters' remorse as result sinks in

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

See the fucking Remain cry babies come out just like the never Trump anti democratic establishment FUCKS :guzzle: just pathetic the oligarchy is dead and they loss it 

Maybe they will have recounts and revotes like WI  :lol:

19 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

So why do you think the UK's exit from the EU is a bad move, in your words, not a copy and pasted opinion piece? :snack:

In a nutshell it greatly diminishes the UK's influence in European security issues, and it excludes the UK from the trade agreements being negotiated with the US and others.

Here is the PM of Norway's view and this is view of a PM whose country is outside looking in:

Brexit: Norway's Prime Minister Erna Solberg warns Britons ‘won’t like’ life outside EU

'Brussels will decide without the Brits being able to participate in the decision-making

Norwegian Prime Minister, Erna Solberg, has said that Britons wishing to leave the European Union next week “won’t like” life on the outskirts of the 28-member state bloc.  

It will come as a blow to Eurosceptics and Leave campaigners who often cite Norway’s relationship with the EU as the model for Britain to emulate. Norway, which rejected joining the bloc at a referendum in 1994, has access to the majority of the continent’s market and is part of the European Economic Area (EEA) agreement.

In return Norway is obliged to be part of Europe’s passport-free Schengen travel zone. Norwegians also have no say in EU rules and have no representatives in any of the bloc’s institutions despite paying a considerable amount each year for its semi-detached relationship with the EU.

Speaking to Politico, the Norwegian Prime Minister said that her country acts like a “lobbying organisation” in Brussels. Asked about Leave campaigners in Britain wishing to imitate Norway’s model, she replied: “They won’t like”. 

Ms Solberg added: “That type of connection is going to be difficult for Britain, because then Brussels will decide without the Brits being able to participate in the decision-making.”

Just yesterday Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, cited Norway as he joined a flotilla of fishing boasts – brandishing Union Jack and St George’s flags – sailing down the Thames to protest the issues with the fishing industry. He claimed that jobs were being lost in the charter angling fleet due to new EU regulations on recreational sea angling, adding that Norway was able to control stocks up to 200 miles off it shores and had a “booming” commercial fishing and angling industry. 

According to think tank Open Europe, which has declared itself neutral in the UK’s referendum debate, if the UK were to opt for a Norwegian-style relationship there would be greater flexibility over agriculture, fisheries and external trade but “it would still be bound by great swathes of the EU regulation that rankles with businesses and the general public, but – and this is the crucial point – without any vote on it."

In April, the Chancellor George Osborne laid out a Treasury report detailing a possible doomsday scenario if Britain voted for Brexit on June 23. In the 200-page report it says that leaving the EU would mean a new relationship based on three models – one included membership of the EEA, like Norway. 

The report goes claiming that Norway has little influence on the EU stage and that Britain would be significantly worse off it was to emulate such a model.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-leave-european-union-norway-prime-minister-erna-solberg-warning-a7084926.html

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In a nutshell it greatly diminishes the UK's influence in European security issues, and it excludes the UK from the trade agreements being negotiated with the US and others.

Here is the PM of Norway's view and this is view of a PM whose country is outside looking in:

The UK is still part of NATO so national security issues are already mostly taken care of there. 

They can still participate in the free trade if they pursue Norway's model, but they'll only be able to lobby instead of having representatives. However, they'll also gain more control over their own agriculture and fishing industries. There is good and bad, but I think more independent control of their own country will work out well in the end. How would you like being told by the UN how to do electrician work that hinders your business? :dunno:

Edited by GGNHL

Just now, GGNHL said:

The UK is still part of NATO so national security issues are already mostly taken care of there. 

They can still participate in the free trade if they pursue Norway's model, but they'll only be able to lobby instead of having representatives. However, they'll also gain more control over their own agriculture and fishing industries. There is good and bad, but I think more independent control of their own country will work out well in the end. How would you like being told by the UN how to do electrician work that hinders your business? :dunno:

First bold: I agree.

Second bold: I don't know if it can be any worse than what it is now, like anything in life you adapt to what the situation is.

IMO, I think there is strength in numbers and size as a continental country the US has that, the UK as an island nation without the vastness of the old Empire does not, with that I think in the end the EU had more pros than cons...........but I could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

First bold: I agree.

Second bold: I don't know if it can be any worse than what it is now, like anything in life you adapt to what the situation is.

IMO, I think there is strength in numbers and size as a continental country the US has that, the UK as an island nation without the vastness of the old Empire does not, with that I think in the end the EU had more pros than cons...........but I could be wrong.

If the domino's continue to fall and other countries decide to leave, the EU will no longer have much influence. I think the nationalism boil has been festering for a while and has now burst open in much of Europe. 

I'm trying to figure out why some of these "Yuckers" think GB is a poor developing nation that needs it surrounding neighbors more than they need them.  Boggling!  But not really.....the same think the same slackers here are our "saving nation enterprisers".  :lol:

God damn I wish I had time to fuck with this today.  Oh well.

And did someone ask that liberal sissy for "his own thoughts"?  LOL....he doesn't have any....liberal half-man pussy!  No pride, no dignity, no self worth, no integrity, no intelligence.  In other words, a PERFECT liberal!

Edited by Zambroski

On 6/26/2016 at 9:00 AM, Snake said:

As of Sunday afternoon, around 41,118 signatories have come from Vatican City, 11,717 from the United States, and curiously, 24,855 from North Korea.

At least 19,000 signatures have come from France, and 2,735 from British Antarctic Territory, which has a population of just 250 people.

And even UK-based signatories are raising questions, with the petition attracting a curiously high number of signatures from constituencies with small populations.

Turnout in the 2015 General Election was 36,185 in the Cities of London and Westminster constituency. Yet over 40,000 are claimed to have signed the Remain petition from that constituency in the past few days. That would mean that more than every single person that voted in 2015 has signed the petition, including all voters from the UK Independence Party and the Conservative Party, the former of which is overwhelmingly Eurosceptic, and the latter of which is split in half over the issue.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/26/questions-raised-3m-remain-petition-activists-encourage-foreign-signatories/

Amazing the manipulation that is going on about this.

:lmao: Britain was an independent trader invented international trading and did it dominantly for 7 centuries but now its all doom and gloom cuz they decided it wasn't working being part of the EU after a  23 year tryout:lol2: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So far they are investigating 77,000 fraudulent petition signatures.  The leftist elite in Europe are starting to show their dishonesty

You're clueless on American issues let alone British issues. :lol: 

46 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So far they are investigating 77,000 fraudulent petition signatures.  The leftist elite in Europe are starting to show their dishonesty

What a shocker :lmao:

Is it any wonder that citizens of one of the greatest and strongest nations in human history would recoil from an international order that was proving mainly that it could enrich an elite without seeming to lift a finger to preserve the nation’s core values and traditions -- the very things that had made it great and strong? Is it any wonder that citizens of other great countries are -- wondering what loyalty they owe to that same elite?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437147/brexit-and-end-international-progressive-inevitability

good stuff.

Across the ocean, America faces its own crisis. Our technocratic elite has constructed its own self-serving system — one that mirrors the very system that Britain rejected yesterday. Our politics are more uncertain and chaotic than at any time in decades. We can’t predict what will happen. But one thing I do know — history never truly had a “side.” Instead, it is the story of action and reaction, and no outcome is inevitable.  Britain has acted. The world is set to change, and history can’t tell us what’s next. 

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437147/brexit-and-end-international-progressive-inevitability