Check your account email address ×

Ford laying off 3000 people this week.

Ford is constantly hiring a bunch of people, than laying off a bunch of people. The threat is always there because the industry is so cyclical. My dad worked for Ford, and maybe we’ll go on vacation this summer…depends on if dad gets laid off or not. :lol: 
Freaked me out a little as a kid, no way I want to work for these yahoos, or in this industry.

Because of EV development…..

3,000 Ford Motor Company employees will lose their jobs this week, according to a company-wide email. CEO Jim Farley and Executive Chair Bill Ford said those working in the U.S., Canada and India are among those affected, and the move is coming as the Blue Oval undergoes its transformation toward selling electric vehicles. Automotive News first reported on the job cuts Monday.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Because of EV development…..

3,000 Ford Motor Company employees will lose their jobs this week, according to a company-wide email. CEO Jim Farley and Executive Chair Bill Ford said those working in the U.S., Canada and India are among those affected, and the move is coming as the Blue Oval undergoes its transformation toward selling electric vehicles. Automotive News first reported on the job cuts Monday.

Yeah we all read the link Captain Obvious.  

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Ford is constantly hiring a bunch of people, than laying off a bunch of people. The threat is always there because the industry is so cyclical. My dad worked for Ford, and maybe we’ll go on vacation this summer…depends on if dad gets laid off or not. :lol: 
Freaked me out a little as a kid, no way I want to work for these yahoos, or in this industry.

I used to do alot of work at the Ford assembly plant on Torrence. Its mindless work and the drama there is off the charts. My contact there drove a cadillac and I was like wtf bro, you drive a caddy to the Ford plant? Hey says, "i'm not buying a Ford, I see what goes on here" LOL

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Yep they need to clear out people so they can switch to build back better mandated EVs

"Build Back Better" and EV's ... what a crock of shit.  Some of you people who lap this up like dogs at their water dish, you seriously can't see the forest through the trees.  Has zero to do with climate and all about $$$ in the pockets of people.  I wish all of you could be rounded up and isolated to some state like CA and go about your idiotic ways.

EDIT:  "You" doesn't mean you @Art Vandelay, sorry.  It's targeted at some others who are pro-green new deal and this EV bullshit

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Bontz said:

"Build Back Better" and EV's ... what a crock of shit.  Some of you people who lap this up like dogs at their water dish, you seriously can't see the forest through the trees.  Has zero to do with climate and all about $$$ in the pockets of people.  I wish all of you could be rounded up and isolated to some state like CA and go about your idiotic ways.

EDIT:  "You" doesn't mean you @Art Vandelay, sorry.  It's targeted at some others who are pro-green new deal and this EV bullshit

Agree 100%. All the EV subsidies are total bullshit.