Check your account email address ×

Home sales fell nearly 6% in July as housing market slides into a recession

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not real good with comprehension I see. 

Well maybe I'm not but I can comprehend that prices haven't come down enough to constitute excellent deals.

Edited by J. Jackson

It took awhile to sell the house being rural but we accepted an offer going back n forth a couple times. They wanted a 30 day closing date which is good as we only have to pack the kitchen,linen closet and clothes and some small stuff. We'll be heading home on Monday to get it all done and then head back down to Nova Scotia

I've been keeping an eye on Zillow Wisconsin just for kicks, just waiting for all the lake homes to come up of sale. 2008 it was amazing to watch the lake home come up for sale and cheap, the market was flooded.  

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Prices continue to drop. Lots of homes on Zillow for 30, 60, and 90 days. Gonna be some good deals. :) 

It’s starting to now. 3 months ago there was constant new listings for house at a prices that were way to high on the pcs website I am on. The last month it has been quiet with little new listings and a lots of price drops. My friend also pours concrete here in the Minneapolis area. He said they quit doing new home foundations as the there isn’t enough people putting holes in the ground now. Commercial is still super busy.