Check your account email address ×

*****2016 Official NFL Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'll be rooting for the Giants next Sunday, in NJ 

Works for The Ford Family and flies to New York to root against The Lions....what a raging dumbfuck.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He gave Edelman an earful for giving up on his pass run. The next time he thrw to Edelman he was where he should have been.

TB 12 best QB ever

One of the reasons the Pats are so good is because of the fire that burns inside of TB 12. He has the same attitude even if they are ahead by 30 points.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

One of the reasons the Pats are so good is because of the fire that burns inside of TB 12. He has the same attitude even if they are ahead by 30 points.

Did you see the story on the pregame about Brady and the young boy with the brain tumor......gave me a whole new respect for TB not to mention it made me tear up. The boy and his family were on the sidelines last night.

16 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Did you see the story on the pregame about Brady and the young boy with the brain tumor......gave me a whole new respect for TB not to mention it made me tear up. The boy and his family were on the sidelines last night.

He does a lot behind the scenes in Boston. His wife as well.

38 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I missed it :sad:

Like MC said, Brady does a lot for the local community. Most of the Pats do.

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

I missed it :sad:

Like MC said, Brady does a lot for the local community. Most of the Pats do.

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/powerful-espn-feature-logan-schoenhardt-cancer-tom-brady-12-e60-patriots-monday-night-football/amp?client=safari

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

nice. i missed that as well.

35 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I've read about Logan and Brady in the local media. Thanks for the link :bc:

On another note, has anyone heard about deflategate II? :snack:

34 minutes ago, ckf said:

They mentioned it briefly the other night on Sports Center. But not much details , yet.  All they said was the Giants contacted the NFL about the Steelers 

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

They mentioned it briefly the other night on Sports Center. But not much details , yet.  All they said was the Giants contacted the NFL about the Steelers 

If it was the Patriots you would see a lot more about it.

48 minutes ago, ckf said:

ESPN and goodell only care about fucking the patriots

Story about the kids awful,  couldn'tt imagine having that happen to one of my kids.  

Michael Floyd claimed off of waivers by Patriots

The New England Patriots have added yet another weapon.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the team has claimed former Cardinals wideout Michael Floyd off waivers, per a source.

Floyd was released this week by Arizona following his Monday arrest on DUI charges. The 27-year-old pass catcher was previously arrested in 2011 for driving under the influence.

Landing in New England, Floyd -- set to become a free agent this offseason -- will look to rescue a troubled 2016 campaign that has seen him post personal lows in catches (33) and yards (446) with a career-high in drops.

Still, Floyd gives the Patriots an intriguing target with the requisite speed to get downfield and stretch a secondary -- the skill set he used to pull off five 100-yard performances over his final eight games last season.

Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic reported Thursday that Cardinals players were "not happy" with Floyd's release, but teammate Larry Fitzgerald went out of his way to wish his fellow receiver good luck in New England:

Fitzgerald said that he received "a couple calls" Wednesday from "GMs and coaches" asking about Floyd, per the team's official website.

"I told them my honest opinion of him, that I think he'll be a great pickup for whoever," Fitzgerald said. "You've got a young guy who is hungry, who is eager to make plays in a contract year, has a chip on his shoulder now -- not that he didn't already have one -- and I hope he makes a big playoff run."

With All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski out of the mix, it's not a huge surprise to see New England tinkering with the offense. Receivers Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan and Malcolm Mitchell can all play outside, but Floyd gives the Patriots another proven target.

Floyd has struggled on and off the field this season, but we wouldn't put it past the Patriots to turn him into a productive player again in Foxborough.