Check your account email address ×

Anybody run this in their outboard?

I was eyeballing a center console scorpion a few years ago. Like most old boats they have lot of wood and are prone to rotting but who cares. Have fun until the transom separates and try to make its last run aimed at shore so you don’t have to swim lol

• Haha 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Oh well blaze away...

20220723_124905.thumb.jpg.3167a79f9d88aada99debec82b154132.jpg20220723_124916.thumb.jpg.ad4e62c7331a51887dcc94828704204c.jpg

I would love to fine find something like that for 1500 bucks…damn! It would be perfect for the lakes around here…nice find!👍🏼😎

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I was eyeballing a center console scorpion a few years ago. Like most old boats they have lot of wood and are prone to rotting but who cares. Have fun until the transom separates and try to make its last run aimed at shore so you don’t have to swim lol

That's funny, years ago son had an old Hydrostream, overpowered of course, could see him out doing rooster tails then all of a sudden he's heading straight for me, drove it right onto the beach as the back end sank, transom tore apart.

3 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

That's funny, years ago son had an old Hydrostream, overpowered of course, could see him out doing rooster tails then all of a sudden he's heading straight for me, drove it right onto the beach as the back end sank, transom tore apart.

I’ve never actually seen one come apart....that can’t be a good feeling when you’re out on the water lol

• Gold Member

Good Buddy of mine had a Hydro-Stream he use to run at its limits...Flipped it once on the CT river :o luckily didnt get hurt and was close to shore so everyone came and helped. 

My Dad had one also for a few years. Cool boats for sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’ve never actually seen one come apart....that can’t be a good feeling when you’re out on the water lol

Hahaha couldn't figure out what the hell he was doing, made a bee line straight at me on the beach, I ran like a scared chicken. Luckily he was just screwing around in the bay in front of our place and not out on the big water

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That's what I like about the Ranger Reata I have now, zero wood anywhere in/on the boat.

3 hours ago, Badger** said:

We sure had a lot of fun with this bad boy on the lake back in the day, 1974 Hydrostream with a 454cc chev, my friend owned it. It was to loud for our 300 acre lake. 

No photo description available.

The lake I'll be on for camping is 29 miles long and that looks like a real fast boat pretty sweet

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I like the old Chris crafts. Good luck with it gs. 

They are top of the line boats I got lucky when I found this one and thank you

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I only have wood trim the rest is all fiberglass

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

The lake I'll be on for camping is 29 miles long and that looks like a real fast boat pretty sweet

They are top of the line boats I got lucky when I found this one and thank you

I only have wood trim the rest is all fiberglass

You have a ton of wood you rookie. The floor, stringers , decks , transom etc etc are all cored with wood. 

Edited by f7ben

That is the structural core of your boat GS , its wood that makes it hold its shape. The transom is wood encapsulated in some glass and epoxy. The floor is wood , the decks of the cuddy are balsa cored. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

That is the structural core of your boat GS , its wood that makes it hold its shape. The transom is wood encapsulated in some glass and epoxy. The floor is wood , the decks of the cuddy are balsa cored. 

So which older Center Consoles are all glass….any of them?