Check your account email address ×

Fake Storm coming

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

I did.  Going to have drag all that shit back out!  At least I didn't take plow off tractor.

I woke up to just under an inch of snow in Linden and now in Walled lake they are at that point but it's light snow. Maybe a couple inches by rush hour. People were doing 25mph on US 23 heading south this morning...they forgot how to drive in this already.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Forecast is calling for 12-18 inches here. I'm ready for spring at this point. Hope MC is right and it's just another example of fake news :news:

:fuckoff:

I'm riding til April 8th at least this year. This storm will put us back in good shape for grooming which is nice cause I had to shut down our operations the past 2 weeks. :bc:

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I woke up to just under an inch of snow in Linden and now in Walled lake they are at that point but it's light snow. Maybe a couple inches by rush hour. People were doing 25mph on US 23 heading south this morning...they forgot how to drive in this already.

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Forecast is calling for 12-18 inches here. I'm ready for spring at this point. Hope MC is right and it's just another example of fake news :news:

:thumb:

3 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

:fuckoff:

I'm riding til April 8th at least this year. This storm will put us back in good shape for grooming which is nice cause I had to shut down our operations the past 2 weeks. :bc:

You can have it all as far as I'm concerned. Just need the storm to shift a little farther east so you still get it and we get 6-8 inches instead of 12-18 :bc:

So I was flipping thru the channels and a local forecaster called this "an unusual and freightening storm". GMAFB, we got three inches and it's still winter last time I checked. Fucking MSM is just useless...

1 hour ago, ckf said:

How are the trails holding up in Rangely MC?

Icy near town but very good outside of town in the woods and higher elevations. This snow will really help in town access. Trying to go up this weekend.

43 minutes ago, Edmo said:

So I was flipping thru the channels and a local forecaster called this "an unusual and freightening storm". GMAFB, we got three inches and it's still winter last time I checked. Fucking MSM is just useless...

Got that right! :lol: 

Everything is an "event" now.   

Funny thing is we get lots of those fake forecasts. Weather said last night we could expect 2-6" overnight. I got up early thinking I would have to clear the driveway but only a dusting. They are almost never right about snowfall predictions;

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Funny thing is we get lots of those fake forecasts. Weather said last night we could expect 2-6" overnight. I got up early thinking I would have to clear the driveway but only a dusting. They are almost never right about snowfall predictions;

It's usually just the opposite around here. We pick up 2-3 inches of snow when there's nothing in the forecast. It doesn't usually show up on the radar either.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Some believe they always get more then what they predict.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I'm going to get on my snow machine and rip the hell out of the fresh alter this week,  i have zero need for snow at home but north needs to keep getting buried for a couple of weeks so i can get at least 1 april weekend in as well.  

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's usually just the opposite around here. We pick up 2-3 inches of snow when there's nothing in the forecast. It doesn't usually show up on the radar either.

Fake snow...

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm going to get on my snow machine and rip the hell out of the fresh alter this week,  i have zero need for snow at home but north needs to keep getting buried for a couple of weeks so i can get at least 1 april weekend in as well.  

I'm just sick and tired of getting good snow only to be followed up with rain and warm temps. I probably should have registered this year but didn't bother because of all the crazy weather. Another downer for me is not having anyone to ride with. Gary is nearby, but spends a lot of his time riding north of the border.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I'm just sick and tired of getting good snow only to be followed up with rain and warm temps. I probably should have registered this year but didn't bother because of all the crazy weather. Another downer for me is not having anyone to ride with. Gary is nearby, but spends a lot of his time riding north of the border.

Well theres this fella in Labrador who says riding alone is the cats ass. :news:

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

Maybe for a quick shakedown run...other wise its boring as fuck.

Dangerous, more so.   too easy to get hurt or stranded. Things happen , no matter how careful you are being.

Use to do it all the time when I was younger.  Took off after work, a few years back on a shakedown run, not dressed properly.  Got stuck bad .

Almost died out there trying to unbury my sled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ckf said:

well get a beaner trailer for next year and get your ass to jackman.  

• Like 1